Training talk with Bulselmo.

question

pre contest how much cardio do you do and how low do you take your calories

thanks buselmo ! so you do the typical high volume split like
chest triceps
legs
back biceps
shoulders

or something different ? I guess I've read somewhere that you like to hit bodyparts with frequency

@Ironman2010

try buselmo's advice, two months ago I start doing pec-deck one hand at a time only the last part of the ROM so you can bring your hand across your chest, and my separation between the two pecs improved a lot !! making my chest look much better

another cool unusual exercise that has worked for me is low to high cable fly's

also if you do most barbell presse's and you can't find a way/ROM to feell your chest try to switch to dumbbell flat bench or only with a 15º degree incline

OK EVERYONE. BUSELMO KNOWS HIS SHIT.

Just trained my chest the way you said to try (unfortunately cant do dips and have to use a one armed cable cross over machine) as i train at home and have very limited equipment....but

Mind = Blown. Crazy ass pump. Chest has not felt like that for some while. Im going to do this for a few weeks and come back with results.....

Supps wise....

Im trying GH 5xs a week - and right now blasting on some orals for 15 days. (5 on 2 off) My weight and strength has gone through the roof....watch this space peeps :D

Buselmo,

Do you feel as though your methods work for guys who are natural?
And mediocre genetics?

pre contest how much cardio do you do and how low do you take your calories

last time i did something like 50 minutes post workout... if i remember correctly... walking on an incline at 3.5 mph

calories were around the 1500 mark... with weekends eating whatever the hell i wanted at whatever quantities.

thanks buselmo ! so you do the typical high volume split like
chest triceps
legs
back biceps
shoulders

or something different ? I guess I've read somewhere that you like to hit bodyparts with frequency

nope... not exactly like that...
sat and tue: chest+back
sund and wed: delts+bis+tris
mon: legs

that was my split with each bodypart getting 20 sets per workout... moderate/light weight. the surprising factor is... i got stronger! LOL!

OK EVERYONE. BUSELMO KNOWS HIS SHIT.

Just trained my chest the way you said to try (unfortunately cant do dips and have to use a one armed cable cross over machine) as i train at home and have very limited equipment....but

Mind = Blown. Crazy ass pump. Chest has not felt like that for some while. Im going to do this for a few weeks and come back with results.....

Supps wise....

Im trying GH 5xs a week - and right now blasting on some orals for 15 days. (5 on 2 off) My weight and strength has gone through the roof....watch this space peeps :D

that's what i'm talking about ;)

Buselmo,

Do you feel as though your methods work for guys who are natural?
And mediocre genetics?

natural... yes
mediocre genetics... depends on what you mean by mediocre.
mediocre as in "nothing else worked, but i'm expecting this to work"... or mediocre as in "I can gain just a little bit of muscle with any other program, but not as much as other people"

if it's the latter, yes, it'll work just as good as any other program. if it's the former... nothing will work... not even gear... i have a friend i've trained for 3 years (for free cuz that's how bad i felt) and the guy can't grow no matter what! he said he wanted to try the juice... absolutely nothing! went up in weight, but didn't look like he was gaining anything! his bench went up to 275 lbs for reps... but looked like he couldn't bench an empty bar... for those people, nothing works. he should be thankful he's good looking and has a great job... LOL! cuz this bodybuilding crap aint getting him no where!

you gotta also remember that as long as you stimulate all your muscles and ALL PARTS OF YOUR MUSCLES... any training method is fine and will give you (optimal) results.

one thing that i've always noticed, have been told i'm wrong countless times, but still believe it's true due to my experience... if you feel sore 24-48 hours after your work out... you did your job in stimulating the muscle... if you don't feel sore! you didn't do shit and you aint growin!

light weight and gironda style training...
flat bench press with a very wide grip and bar going down to your neck... elbows flared out... if you try to do it with heavy weights, you'll break your shit! LOL...

incline smith machine presses done the same way
dips down like gironda says

after you learn how to isolate your chest, you'd understand that the bigger the stretch at the bottom by flaring out the elbows, the more stimulation you'd get.

people with shitty chests have big tris and delts for a reason... it's because they never learned how to stimulate chest correctly (mostly due to having fucked up structure)

IM trying this today i cant get my chest to grow at all hope this works!

That bench press sounds like the guillotine press that Roelly does.
And Buselmo, I feel you on the soreness thing. People tell me over and over again that it doesn't matter if you are sore or not, but I just can't help but feel I didn't do enough if I don't get sore. And total truth here, I really do seem to get better results if I train hard enough, or with enough volume to be sore.

I always get sore even for days but when i do shoulders no mater what i do no mater how hard i train them they never get sore. But its my biggest bodypart and are growing fine! weird.

Update....

I've been working abs every day, per Buselmo's recommendation.

I can tell a difference already, even in this short amount of time.

I notice when I'm sitting at my desk at work that my TVA is pulling my midsection in towards my spine.

Also, noticed that my midsection was tight and drawn in while walking around the grocery store WITHOUT me having to consciously suck my gut in.

:)

I've been working abs every day, per Buselmo's recommendation.

I can tell a difference already, even in this short amount of time.

I notice when I'm sitting at my desk at work that my TVA is pulling my midsection in towards my spine.

Also, noticed that my midsection was tight and drawn in while walking around the grocery store WITHOUT me having to consciously suck my gut in.

:)

good... that proves i'm not insane and imagining stuff when that happens to me! LOL!!!

Just started doing hanging leg raises again after switching to weighted decline sit-ups for a while (I can do lots of reps or lots of weight, so thought leg raises would be too easy).

Nope! Leg raises were WEAK, so something wasn't getting worked with the sit-ups!! 3rd workout with raises today and already much better, lower belly is sucking in nicely.

BTW, ya really gotta do them really hanging from a pull-up bar, legs straight, (no back supported leg raises). Makes all the difference, IMO. That first workout with them really sucked!

The problem I had years ago when I trained abs way too often was I developed a creepy set of obliques which when I pose I can hide nowadays. So, I stopped training abs, maybe once a week for 5-10 minutes:banghead: My abs grew like my shoulders, YIKES!

The problem I had years ago when I trained abs way too often was I developed a creepy set of obliques which when I pose I can hide nowadays. So, I stopped training abs, maybe once a week for 5-10 minutes:banghead: My abs grew like my shoulders, YIKES!

I agree, it's probably situation specific; however, I had discussed my issues directly with Buselmo and that was his recommendation.

Would he give that advice as a blanket statement to everyone? I dunno, but again, we spoke about what problems I was having and the direction I wanted to go and that was his advice to me.

It's working.

A little more detail, so you know I'm not blindly hugging Buselmo's nuts:

At 200, I look great. Very small, tight midsection (29"), very little ab-specific work.

At 240, I look good but not great. Midsection grows to 32" and isn't tight (or really even defined).

Buselmo and I discussed some changes in my diet and he made the recommendation about changing my ab training approach, based on the look I'm trying to achieve.

It's working well for me so far and I'm not even into the rep range he mentioned, yet.

With having such a small waist (the only BB "gift" I have LOL), I don't think I'll have a problem of "too much obliques".

:D

Last edited:
I agree, it's probably situation specific; however, I had discussed my issues directly with Buselmo and that was his recommendation.

Would he give that advice as a blanket statement to everyone? I dunno, but again, we spoke about what problems I was having and the direction I wanted to go and that was his advice to me.

It's working.

A little more detail, so you know I'm not blindly hugging Buselmo's nuts:

At 200, I look great. Very small, tight midsection (29"), very little ab-specific work.

At 240, I look good but not great. Midsection grows to 32" and isn't tight (or really even defined).

Buselmo and I discussed some changes in my diet and he made the recommendation about changing my ab training approach, based on the look I'm trying to achieve.

It's working well for me so far and I'm not even into the rep range he mentioned, yet.

With having such a small waist (the only BB "gift" I have LOL), I don't think I'll have a problem of "too much obliques".

:D

Nah, I get it. Agreed, this is a specific situation, I lived and learned from why the hell from abdomen was turning into an alien haven on the obliques. Buselmo has some great advice for you, following it and it seems to be working, so keep at it. Like we say if it is working, why change it.

I am still waiting for Buselmo to make over here to the states for a pancake eating contest:D By the way, Buselmo saw the pic of you and your little new gift into this world, beautiful child, you should be proud bro!

damn bro you had a friend who could not gain an ounce of muscle, doing anything? gear? good diet? he got stronger, and not bigger? id be interested in hearing more about this guy. and what do you think is the reason. maybe something hormonal? how much did his bench, squat, etc go up and did his physique improve at all? i feel bad for the guy.

great read

What youve said about chest rings very ttrue to me. I have a small chest and abnormally big shoulders and tris (in comparison obviously). I felt my Chest began to grow on the last cycle i took, about 2 years ago, doing Fst-7 which is high volume for the most part.
Now my question is.. Do you think throwing in ONE heavy set of 4-6 in any of the compounds for chest in with your high volume routine a good idea?
I think my ego would like a "yes" but also i feel becoming stronger is also beneficial so you can up all your other high volume exercises with more weight.
Im also interested about what you said about not knowing how to stimulate the chest, could u elaborate on that?

Nah, I get it. Agreed, this is a specific situation, I lived and learned from why the hell from abdomen was turning into an alien haven on the obliques. Buselmo has some great advice for you, following it and it seems to be working, so keep at it. Like we say if it is working, why change it.

I am still waiting for Buselmo to make over here to the states for a pancake eating contest:D By the way, Buselmo saw the pic of you and your little new gift into this world, beautiful child, you should be proud bro!

during her 9 months, my wife would mention IHOP every 9 seconds and start drooling... so i'll meet you there :)

and little jenna is just crazy cute! came back home late yesterday and gave her a kiss on her cheek... she laughed and then immediately pooped! THESE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!! LOOOOOL

damn bro you had a friend who could not gain an ounce of muscle, doing anything? gear? good diet? he got stronger, and not bigger? id be interested in hearing more about this guy. and what do you think is the reason. maybe something hormonal? how much did his bench, squat, etc go up and did his physique improve at all? i feel bad for the guy.

great read

I worked with the guy for more than 3 years, and i'm still coaching him... he made some decent gains in the begining (his weight was something like 120 lbs) and he went up to 145 lbs... within a year his bench went from an empty bar to 225 lbs... then he got stuck, for a whole goddamn year... so i told him ok, there's one option... you can bulk up for 3 months, then cut for 3 months and we'll see how much you gained... after he cut, he ended up at 132 lbs... i brought him back up to something like 155 lbs then i told him to get as lean as possible cuz he told me he wanted to start cycling. anyway, i thought i was at fault and i really felt like shit... like i didn't know what i was doing... so I directed him to one of the trainers on this site... he stayed with him for 3 or 4 weeks i think and came back to me telling me he looks like shit now and he dropped to something like 135 lbs... so we began the cycle... 500 mg test and some anadrol in the begining, and winny at the end... 12 weeks... came out of it weighing 170 lbs.

yeah, you might say "wow! 35 lbs! in 12 weeks!"... the problem is he didn't get fat at all... and he gained so much weight! but it doesn't show!!! the dude is 5'7! my height! I seriously have no fucking idea what is wrong with the dude!

What youve said about chest rings very ttrue to me. I have a small chest and abnormally big shoulders and tris (in comparison obviously). I felt my Chest began to grow on the last cycle i took, about 2 years ago, doing Fst-7 which is high volume for the most part.
Now my question is.. Do you think throwing in ONE heavy set of 4-6 in any of the compounds for chest in with your high volume routine a good idea?
I think my ego would like a "yes" but also i feel becoming stronger is also beneficial so you can up all your other high volume exercises with more weight.
Im also interested about what you said about not knowing how to stimulate the chest, could u elaborate on that?

i would say train chest, delts, and triceps on the same day... toast your delts and triceps first.. then use that 4-6 rep chest exercise as your first exercise for chest after you warmed up... it'll tell you how strong your chest really is without help from triceps and delts (which were probably getting most of the work done)

You guys are very lucky to have bueslmo and all the info on this site. Where was all this 10yrs. Ago;):D

You guys are very lucky to have bueslmo and all the info on this site. Where was all this 10yrs. Ago;):D

well... lemme tell you bro, you got me fucking wired as hell from your last email ;) ... come mid september and i'll be on my way to being half your size! LOL...

gonna try to go down to 6-8% fat at 200 lbs by end of july, then i'll try something close to what you're doing ;)...

natural... yes
.. for those people, nothing works. he should be thankful he's good looking and has a great job...
What do you say to those who are not good looking or have a good job? :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131