over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Typical Offseason Diet

pumpd

Registered
Hey everyone, I'd like to see what your typical offseason diets look like. List your height, weight and food plan. Thanks.

It's always offseason for me :)

I did get lean for a few weeks this summer for the first time ever. Now I am getting back into winter mode.

I am 5'11" 215 and bf at 12%, I don't plan to get any fatter if I can help it.
I have added more carbs to my diet though. Also skim milk that I had cut out while dieting.
Trying to get 300 g protien, 250 carbs, 180 fat per day now.

5'10" bodyweight goes anywhere from 220 to 255 depending on what i'm doing. Right now i'm 220 and hating it. I've been off everything for over a month since my last comp. Here's how i've been eating.
P=318 C=598 F=51 CAL=4123
I'm a freak about keeping track of macro's, cal's and workouts. Everything gets logged on and offseason. Bodyfat hovers between 8-12% depending on my mode. Right now about 8-10% and holding.

5'6" 255 prolly 12-15%fat. diet.........if its not moving.........eat it, lots of low fat poptarts and isopure shakes

Example

6ft 220-240ish

Meal 1: Tuna Scramble (4 eggs, 6 oz. can of tunafish/drained, shredded cheese, mix all together and cook/scramble in pan) & oats, grits, frosted mini-wheats cereal, fiber one cereal or bagels

Meal 2: Chicken, baked or sweet potato

Meal 3: Daily cheat meal or same as meal 1 or turkey or chicken & bagels, pasta or rice

Meal 4: Daily cheat meal or same as meal 1

Meal 5: non-fat cottage cheese, peas, ice cream :)

Basically I have lists for each macro that I shop from and make my meals from, so the above is an example it may stay exactly the same as above for weeks at a time, or completely change every day, though I always have my tuna scramble at least once/day.

Last edited:
5'7 240 ish...off season a bit more..never go over 8-9%

I eat alot of chicken, fish, beef, steak and eggs, tuna, turkey and ham

Sweat potato, baked, brown and white rice, oat meal

alot of green veggies, cottage cheese

flax oil...fish oil...cashews, natural pea nut butter

Just to name a few things i eat....i have one cheat meal a day...which doesnt always mean shitty food..it might just mean more carbs then normal

I try to shoot for 6000 cals per day and around 500 grams of protein...

SHOT* said:
5'7 240 ish...off season a bit more..never go over 8-9%

I eat alot of chicken, fish, beef, steak and eggs, tuna, turkey and ham

Sweat potato, baked, brown and white rice, oat meal

alot of green veggies, cottage cheese

flax oil...fish oil...cashews, natural pea nut butter

Just to name a few things i eat....i have one cheat meal a day...which doesnt always mean shitty food..it might just mean more carbs then normal

I try to shoot for 6000 cals per day and around 500 grams of protein...

man i thought i eat a lot,shit i need to grow up

I am bumping this thread because I am very interested to know what others eat in the offseason on this board- in my personal experience and opinion offseason is when you need to gain size- I see diets that contain 3500 cals - 4kcals and I do not get them like BIG Heinz- now I am at a different stage of the game - I am 19 and need to gain size thickness, maturity,etc -others have achieved this at30- 35 y/o and want to maintain and mature and look good and eat differently and small- but I eat a lot of GOOD food 7 days a week like rice w/ ketchup , oats with protein powder 4x a day, chicken, lots of whole wheat bread and bagels(I love bread), good stuff with condiments like cinnamon,splenda,ketchup, mustard,salt, margerine, no sugar syrups,jams, etc. I hardly eat junk if ever a cheat meal only occasionally(like on bdays or special occasions) but I love my diet of clean food so I stick to it- you need to eat in the offseason and eat CONSISTENTLY to suceed in this sport id say about 5-10k cals/day(this is what I do) seriously for years if you want to reach the upper echelons of the sport- it is bodybuilding not bodymaintaining or losing- if you are serious in gaining muscle like I am you eat like a champ and get fat(bodybuilder fat 12-14%) even with clean foods which actually costs cheaper and is def better for gaining muscle than junk garbage mcds and BK and then shread down come comp time- if you can gain with 3500cals thats fine and people do and even pros do- I understand that I WANT to be a great bodybuilder and getting big or fat whatever you may call it is part of it so eat and eat clean and a lot and lean down come contest time- if you want to look good you can eat a litte diet 3k-4k - Consistency is crucial in this sport! I totally support high carbs and high protein low fat diets- they work best for me- I would like to hear others opinions on this as well---

jon

funny story... i went cajun for a week and decided i would get etreme with my caloric intake. I averaged 8k calories... which hurt to be honest. My carbs were over 1k and i lost 5 lbs.... I have witnesses and can't figure out how it happened. I know for sure i will never do it again... you bodybuilders can have that extra food because i can't fit a power rack above my toilet.

jahras12 said:
I am bumping this thread because I am very interested to know what others eat in the offseason on this board- in my personal experience and opinion offseason is when you need to gain size- I see diets that contain 3500 cals - 4kcals and I do not get them like BIG Heinz- now I am at a different stage of the game - I am 19 and need to gain size thickness, maturity,etc -others have achieved this at30- 35 y/o and want to maintain and mature and look good and eat differently and small- but I eat a lot of GOOD food 7 days a week like rice w/ ketchup , oats with protein powder 4x a day, chicken, lots of whole wheat bread and bagels(I love bread), good stuff with condiments like cinnamon,splenda,ketchup, mustard,salt, margerine, no sugar syrups,jams, etc. I hardly eat junk if ever a cheat meal only occasionally(like on bdays or special occasions) but I love my diet of clean food so I stick to it- you need to eat in the offseason and eat CONSISTENTLY to suceed in this sport id say about 5-10k cals/day(this is what I do) seriously for years if you want to reach the upper echelons of the sport- it is bodybuilding not bodymaintaining or losing- if you are serious in gaining muscle like I am you eat like a champ and get fat(bodybuilder fat 12-14%) even with clean foods which actually costs cheaper and is def better for gaining muscle than junk garbage mcds and BK and then shread down come comp time- if you can gain with 3500cals thats fine and people do and even pros do- I understand that I WANT to be a great bodybuilder and getting big or fat whatever you may call it is part of it so eat and eat clean and a lot and lean down come contest time- if you want to look good you can eat a litte diet 3k-4k - Consistency is crucial in this sport! I totally support high carbs and high protein low fat diets- they work best for me- I would like to hear others opinions on this as well---

jon

10,000 calories is too much for anyone. Even Ronnie doesn't eat anywhere near that. Force feeding the body with that much food is a waste. What you don't shit out will turn to into fat. Eating that much is old school 1980's shit. Like the Weider Mega Mass 4000 shakes :eek: Competitors are staying closer to there competitive wieght year round now. Enough training, enough food, enough rest will make for consistent gains. Why train so hard and eat clean if you are going to be fat. It's hard work gone to "waist". You can't bring your bench to the beach so you should at least bring a decent physique. Pay attention to labels, wiegh and measure your food. I think a lot of guys like to exagerate there food consumption. There's just no need for that much. If you're eating 10,000 calories you better be a freak.

yes, 10k cals is an exaggeration a little on my part but the main thing is to eat at least 5-6k cals in the offseason for at least me, I need size, thickness and that is what will bring it, I hardly eat fattening junk, but I do use condiments like bbq sauce ketchup, etc,etc, and my bill for the week reaches 50$ in the offseason along with lots of carbs 600-1000 dpending if I can eat that much, and 300g protein, and very low fat...similar to J. cutler... all I am trying to say is no matter what the diet I feel consistency is key in the sport- eat a lot( at least aim for 4-5 k cals) train hard, supplement right for a long period of time and you can succeed, as posted in another thread, yes it costs a lot but if you learn to find out what is cheap and what works for you as far as drugs and food and training and supps it really costs about as much as any other expensive hobby, all you really need is some good test, good food, and some good training imo- supps like creatine glutamine etc are a waste imo, but when it comes to the pros or even the top ams everything matters- this isnt stamp collecting, but it is far better and much more rewarding, eat to gain and eat right to lean out...but I still want to hear more opinions

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws