over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using Glimepirid to Lose Fat

omoplata

Registered
Some guys here on this board and in the bodybuilding community over the years have been using insulin as a fat loss agent. I am presently trying to do the same with Glimepirid, as I will explain below and I would like to hear the input of our experienced members.

The idea is simple: to get into a fat burning state you need to drive down blood sugar; otherwise you will not burn fat.
So using a little bit of insulin makes sense in that regard. You use a small amount to spike insulin slightly so that blood sugar goes down faster and fat burning begins sooner.

In my case I am thinking of using Glimepirid for this purpose. Glimepirid is an insulin secretagogue and thus will work in a similar manner.
My question is would this potentially work?
It definitely will drive down blood sugar and thus create a good environment for fat loss. The decline in blood sugar will elicit an increase in catecholamine levels too that is a given. My only concern is would Glimepirid keep insulin high for too long? The drug has a long half life and I am wondering if therefore it will result in insulin being pumped out constantly even after blood sugar drops down. If insulin stays high, that will blunt fat loss. One of the precautions with Glimepirid is that if you take it and don't eat, it will drive down blood sugar too low -so maybe it does make you pump out insulin even after blood sugar drops down?

What you say guys?

I had never heard of it. Had to look it up. IMHO, think Metformin is safer than that class of anti-diabetic meds.

Glimepiride, which is a 'sulfonylurea', acts by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas. Metformin, which is a 'biguanide', acts by lowering the glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from the intestines and increasing the body's response to insulin.

Some guys here on this board and in the bodybuilding community over the years have been using insulin as a fat loss agent. I am presently trying to do the same with Glimepirid, as I will explain below and I would like to hear the input of our experienced members.

The idea is simple: to get into a fat burning state you need to drive down blood sugar; otherwise you will not burn fat.
So using a little bit of insulin makes sense in that regard. You use a small amount to spike insulin slightly so that blood sugar goes down faster and fat burning begins sooner.

In my case I am thinking of using Glimepirid for this purpose. Glimepirid is an insulin secretagogue and thus will work in a similar manner.
My question is would this potentially work?
It definitely will drive down blood sugar and thus create a good environment for fat loss. The decline in blood sugar will elicit an increase in catecholamine levels too that is a given. My only concern is would Glimepirid keep insulin high for too long? The drug has a long half life and I am wondering if therefore it will result in insulin being pumped out constantly even after blood sugar drops down. If insulin stays high, that will blunt fat loss. One of the precautions with Glimepirid is that if you take it and don't eat, it will drive down blood sugar too low -so maybe it does make you pump out insulin even after blood sugar drops down?

What you say guys?
Maybe a GLP1 agonist is what you need?

Why not just use slin instead, since it’s tried and true?

Cage

Some guys here on this board and in the bodybuilding community over the years have been using insulin as a fat loss agent.

I thought at best, slin won’t put on fat when used carefully but at worst, it will likely do the oppose - ADD fat.

I tried a similar approach years back with GDA supplements and while I get what you’re trying to accomplish and it seems sound, it can be tough to dial in. As perilous as insulin can be if misused, at least you can say there are standard metrics for how many grams of carbs you need to cover X amounts of insulin.

Even using GDA stuff, I had a few instances of hypoglycemia and holy smokes did I feel like absolute crap!!

I tried a similar approach years back with GDA supplements and while I get what you’re trying to accomplish and it seems sound, it can be tough to dial in. As perilous as insulin can be if misused, at least you can say there are standard metrics for how many grams of carbs you need to cover X amounts of insulin.

Even using GDA stuff, I had a few instances of hypoglycemia and holy smokes did I feel like absolute crap!!
Absolutely know what you are talking about. How? I tried this yesterday and yes did go hypo and you feel like you are going through hell.
But I can always use half or a quarter of the dose and prevent the hypoglycemia I am sure.

My issue is will this actually work. With GDAs you are not pumping out more and more insulin but with Glimepiride the actual insulin secretion is increased and when there is insulin in the bloodstream exceeding a threshold fat burning stops.

1-2 iu of fast acting insulin before fasted cardio will help you get into ketosis faster, if you are cutting out carbs. It takes out the 2 days of misery getting into keto. I don't see what your trying to use helping since it is too long acting and you didn't mention you will be doing a keto diet and cardio.

I would use insulin , shorter acting so it's easier to control.
Taking exogenous insulin will not make you fat unless you are over eating , and guess what , Over eating makes your fat.!!
You can use insulin though a fat loss contest prep if you do it right

1-2 iu of fast acting insulin before fasted cardio will help you get into ketosis faster, if you are cutting out carbs. It takes out the 2 days of misery getting into keto. I don't see what your trying to use helping since it is too long acting and you didn't mention you will be doing a keto diet and cardio.
Of course I will be doing this intervention during diet and will perform cardio. I did not mention these (should have) cause I kind of thought these would be a given anyway. Why would the long-acting nature of the item be an issue? Would it not be better as it would give a longer duration during which to lose fat?

I would use insulin , shorter acting so it's easier to control.
Taking exogenous insulin will not make you fat unless you are over eating , and guess what , Over eating makes your fat.!!
You can use insulin though a fat loss contest prep if you do it right

x2

Insulin suppresses fat oxidation. If this is essentially long-acting insulin or will be active during cardio, it'll be contrary to your goals.
This is exactly what I wrote and asked if this substance will indeed suppress fat oxidation by staying active. You have exactly rephrased my question.
This is not insulin. It is an insulin secretagogue.

Once again my question is if this secretagogue will continue to pump out insulin for hours on end. An initial insulin secretion is great and what I am looking for. However I wasn't able to find any data as to what will happen if one takes this, eats a small meal and then consumes very little calories over the next 8 hours.

For example: Would the blood insulin levels during cardio that is performed -say 4 hours after the last meal- be higher in the presence of this drug than they would otherwise be (if you took the drug say 4 hours ago with your last meal)?

This is exactly what I wrote and asked if this substance will indeed suppress fat oxidation by staying active. You have exactly rephrased my question.
This is not insulin. It is an insulin secretagogue.

Once again my question is if this secretagogue will continue to pump out insulin for hours on end. An initial insulin secretion is great and what I am looking for. However I wasn't able to find any data as to what will happen if one takes this, eats a small meal and then consumes very little calories over the next 8 hours.

For example: Would the blood insulin levels during cardio that is performed -say 4 hours after the last meal- be higher in the presence of this drug than they would otherwise be (if you took the drug say 4 hours ago with your last meal)?
Its mechanism of action is blockade of the ATP-sensitive K+ channel by binding to sulfonylurea receptor subunits to promote pancreatic beta cell insulin secretion. It is long-acting: its biological half-life is 5 to 8 hours, which can increase up to 9 hours following multiple doses. It is completely absorbed after oral administration within 1 hour of administration with a linear pharmacokinetics profile. In a multi-center, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluated the efficacy of glimepiride (1–8 mg) as monotherapy titrated over 10 weeks compared with placebo in T2DM subjects who were not controlled by diet alone. In this study, there was a reduction in fasting plasma glucose by 46 mg/dL, post-prandial glucose by 72 mg/dL, and HbA1c by 1.4% more than the placebo.

This is like taking a long-acting insulin. So, yes, it will suppress fat oxidation chronically.

Its mechanism of action is blockade of the ATP-sensitive K+ channel by binding to sulfonylurea receptor subunits to promote pancreatic beta cell insulin secretion. It is long-acting: its biological half-life is 5 to 8 hours, which can increase up to 9 hours following multiple doses. It is completely absorbed after oral administration within 1 hour of administration with a linear pharmacokinetics profile. In a multi-center, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trial evaluated the efficacy of glimepiride (1–8 mg) as monotherapy titrated over 10 weeks compared with placebo in T2DM subjects who were not controlled by diet alone. In this study, there was a reduction in fasting plasma glucose by 46 mg/dL, post-prandial glucose by 72 mg/dL, and HbA1c by 1.4% more than the placebo.

This is like taking a long-acting insulin. So, yes, it will suppress fat oxidation chronically.
Thank you
Really appreciate it

In theory fasted and slin before cardio sound great...but I think the studies show and all the guru's....etc fasted cardio has no benefits better than after a big meal. Calories in ve out at the end of the day determine far loss. GH and yohimbine can change this slightly to give a little benefit to fasted cardio vs just getting it in.

In theory fasted and slin before cardio sound great...but I think the studies show and all the guru's....etc fasted cardio has no benefits better than after a big meal. Calories in ve out at the end of the day determine far loss. GH and yohimbine can change this slightly to give a little benefit to fasted cardio vs just getting it in.

For the most part I think this is accurate but when you get very lean at the end of prep , calories are deeply restricted and your body is fighting back against fat loss , fasted cardio after 2iu Humalog does a little better than just average extra calorie expenditure.
At the end you're willing to try anything that might help

“The idea is simple: to get into a fat burning state you need to drive down blood sugar; otherwise you will not burn fat.”

although this has some accuracy to a degree. Give me one time where anyone was in hyperglycemic state for 24s ? Unless you’re diabetic and you don’t produce insulin; you’re not. so this idea you mentioned is inaccurate on many levels

That’s not how fat loss works. Fat loss is energy in, energy out. Even if your blood sugar was high; your body is going to use fat storage if it needs it for survival.
And no bodies blood sugar is high unless you’re eating every 5 min of day

Even if your blood sugar was high; your body is going to use fat storage if it needs it for survival.
This is 100 percent accurate

I am just brainstorming to accelerate this process
Other than that ı agree with all you said

Question is can fat loss be even faster if blood sugar is a little lower than it otherwise would have been

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear