over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Viva Naturals Krill Oil

Also check labdoor.com the hat is a great free resource to check supplement manufacturers out.

Here is a link to the fish oil rankings, they haven’t done krill specifically yet but have many others

That has almost everything as sub-par or crap as far as results, if i'm reading it correctly?

Viva Naturals gelcaps: B-
Vitamin Shoppe: C
Sam's Club triple: C
Nordic Naturals Ultimate: C
NOW gelcaps: C-
Schiff ES MegaRed Krill: D+
Schiff reg MegaRed Krill: D
Life Extension: D
Nordic Naturals Gelcaps: D-
Carlson's Gelcaps: D-
Kirkland Gelcaps: F (WTF?)
Puritan's Pride: F

That has almost everything as sub-par or crap as far as results, if i'm reading it correctly?

How I’m reading it is if it’s not WHC brand it’s crap too!

damn I wonder how life extension tests would be

Yeah I’ll be honest, I don’t really understand exactly how they come up with their rankings? Haha, I just look at the reports and make my own mind up.....for instance it seems like they downgrade some products for label accuracy if they have higher than stated label amounts which I can understand if you’re talking about a medicine or what have you as that could be seen as dangerous but if you’re talking about having more EPA in your fish oil capsules I’d see that as a bonus personally.

Incidentally, if you join the site you get access to the actual lab reports on everything which go into more detail.

WHC is 6 out of the top 10 spots. I would say it’s biased

WHC is 6 out of the top 10 spots. I would say it’s biased
I can see why you might say that looking at those results alone as we are used to dealing in the murky business of UGL’s but have a look at some of the other products they’ve tested. Many budget brands come out really well and also there isn’t one or two brands that are always at the top like you would expect if what you are saying is the case.

Thanks for posting this.

Does this also Viva fish oil? Sorry if I missed it in this thread, I read it and wanted to confirm if this only applied to there Krill oil.

Reason I ask, I got s sweet deal on Amazon for Viva fish oil and the ration's were amazing.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting this.

Does this also Viva fish oil? Sorry if I missed it in this thread, I read it and wanted to confirm if this only applied to there Krill oil.

Reason I ask, I got s sweet deal on Amazon for Viva fish oil and the ration's were amazing.

Thanks in advance.
Have a look at my link I posted in this thread for labdoor bud, their fish oil seems decent according to that.

I can see why you might say that looking at those results alone as we are used to dealing in the murky business of UGL’s but have a look at some of the other products they’ve tested. Many budget brands come out really well and also there isn’t one or two brands that are always at the top like you would expect if what you are saying is the case.

labdoor gave mega red a “D” rating. But according to a member in this thread consumerlab approved it...

labdoor gave mega red a “D” rating. But according to a member in this thread consumerlab approved it...
Like I say bud, ignore the a-d scores to some degree and look at the actual reports. For example, they give the megared krill 79% for label accuracy but this is actually because it contains significantly MORE epa and dha in each capsule than it shows on the label.

Also they give it 19% for projected efficacy which I can only attribute that to the fact they are comparing krill oil against ordinary fish oils and their epa and dha levels which everyone knows ordinary fish oils always give higher levels of those.

labdoor ratings are very misleading IMO. Mega Red is highly regarded on consumer lab and it had a profound benefits on my advanced lipid panel

Like I say bud, ignore the a-d scores to some degree and look at the actual reports. For example, they give the megared krill 79% for label accuracy but this is actually because it contains significantly MORE epa and dha in each capsule than it shows on the label.

Also they give it 19% for projected efficacy which I can only attribute that to the fact they are comparing krill oil against ordinary fish oils and their epa and dha levels which everyone knows ordinary fish oils always give higher levels of those.

exactly

labdoor ratings are very misleading IMO. Mega Red is highly regarded on consumer lab and it had a profound benefits on my advanced lipid panel

Sorry if you’ve already posted this and I’ve missed it previously but please can you share that improvement (in numbers) here, over what timescale and how many caps per day we’re you having. Thanks

Sorry if you’ve already posted this and I’ve missed it previously but please can you share that improvement (in numbers) here, over what timescale and how many caps per day we’re you having. Thanks

I've cycled it on and off at various doses so it's hard to pinpoint exact differences, especially since my thyroid has been funky, which is a significant factor on lipids as well. 1750mg was the dose of mega red krill that really made noticeable differences though. There is no way it was just a coincidence.

I've cycled it on and off at various doses so it's hard to pinpoint exact differences, especially since my thyroid has been funky, which is a significant factor on lipids as well. 1750mg was the dose of mega red krill that really made noticeable differences though. There is no way it was just a coincidence.
Mega red 750mg krill oil is on sale at Costco now, $7.00 off which makes it only $19.99 for 80 soft gels

WOW THANKS! I USE NATURES BOUNTY. 500MG/ 101MCG ASTAXANTHIN

Viva Labs krill never did anything for me when I used it a few years ago. Thanks for the info though..that's interesting to say the least. I don't use Krill because it is just too easy to get a super high quality fish oil (Nordic, Carlsons, TN, Jarrow) and add Astaxanthin from Bioastin or Jarrow on the side. I haven't cracked the code with bloodwork and citrus bergamot either..but I do think there are intangible benefits with that regardless of massive changes in lipids.

I know from previous threads on here that a lot of members use the Viva Naturals Krill Oil. ConsumerLab.com just published an article along with testing of a bunch of brands of Krill Oil and Fish Oil and the Viva Naturals Krill oil failed with only containing 63% of astaxanthin as claimed and it also contained excessive levels of arsenic. It is a pay site so I can't copy and paste the article, but I figured I would give everyone the heads up.
Ok arsenic is poison. That causes cancer and skin llesions.it makes no sense for a company to put this in a product.this effect happens when the amount is 10 ppb or more
Something doesn't make sense here.if the company that did the test.didnt report this to the FDA ?I use viva krill oil

I wish I could take fish oil or krill oil, no matter how much digestive enzymes I take, baking soda, probiotics, acetic acid containing compounds to break the fat down, nothing helps, I always get fish burps. No matter WHAT brand, expensive cheap whatever. annoying AF , so I eat lot of healthy fats in diet

I wish I could take fish oil or krill oil, no matter how much digestive enzymes I take, baking soda, probiotics, acetic acid containing compounds to break the fat down, nothing helps, I always get fish burps. No matter WHAT brand, expensive cheap whatever. annoying AF , so I eat lot of healthy fats in diet

Have you tried Healhty Origins Krill Vanilla Capsules? That is what I take after a big dinner every evening and have been for years without issue. You might want to give it a try if you haven't yet.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131