over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waist size

Hadaka Jime

Newbies
Hey, I'm new here and I have a (sort of quick) question. I've always had a small waist and up until now I never questioned if it was possible to make it bigger by working out. I chalked it up to genes and accepted it. I've been into Judo for some time now but only until recently I have been competitive about it. A little over a month ago I started a routine. Monday - Judo, Tuesday - Medium gym session, Wednesday - Rest, Thursday - Judo, Friday - Long gym session, Weekends - Rest. I've changed my diet a little bit, too. I have spaghetti at least twice a week for supper and I eat whenever I feel not full. In the past two weeks I've gained about 6 pounds and in the last month I know I've gotten stronger because I'm even more of an animal on the mat now. I don't take any kind of supplements and I really don't plan on it. The farthest I'll go is maybe whey protein.
So to sum it all up I'm not a body builder but a fighter who is strength training but also wants to be a little bigger all around but specifically in the waist.

What's your question?? (or did i fail to see it)?)

What's your question?? (or did i fail to see it)?)

I'm with Boomshaker.. What's your question bro. If you don't want advice on supplements and you're gaining weight on your own than it sounds like you don't need any advice. If you want to gain weight than eat more, If you want to get stronger lift more, and if you want to lose weight than diet and do more cardio. If your question was more specific maybe we could help you.

HJ, do you know how many guys would kill to have a smaller waist?? And you want a bigger one? I'm a little confused! :confused: Do you mean "waist" or over all bulk??

I mean the waist. See, my metabolism is just plain fast. Or another word could be efficient. If I have a busy week and can't eat as much as I want to, it basically stops and I don't lose any weight. When I eat like a normal person should, I don't gain or lose. I don't weigh a lot. I have almost no fat on me. One of the annoyances of not weighing a lot is people will say the only reason I look so cut/defined is that I have no fat. I'd say I look more like a Y than a V. If that isn't helping to draw more of a picture of what I look like, I could PM you and be a little more specific.

Bro i think you're a little bit confused on your perception of being big. You might not realize it yet cuz you're probably not "huge", but the smaller your waist the bigger you look over all. Having a small waist will make it easier for you to get the V shape from your lats. You're actually lucky to have this. My advice to you is get huge and you'll see what i mean.

Oh yeah and to be honest i've never heard of any excercise that makes your waist bigger, but then again ive never heard of anyone that wants this

DEADLIFTS!!!

HJ, why are you set so on not taking any supps? Supplements are just that, they hep to supplement your diet not your muscle or strength gains. This comes with some good supplementation and a good diet. It's kind of like making a old race horse run and act like he did when he was young. Supps will absolutely help you in your quest for a thicker waist.(core) And will improve you a great fold. So dont give up so fast on supps.

Well partly cause I'm pretty poor. Instead of spending 30 bucks on a bag of protein, I can spend it on gas or a bill. I'm not in a huge rush to be big. As long as I'm doing all the right things, it will happen.

deadlifts dude trust me
i went from a 33 to a 38 :S...i dont like it either
my upper from from 42 to 50 too
right now im laying off the deads though

i think the myth that deads will make your waist thicker is a genetic thing.... wear a belt and you should be fine.

Well partly cause I'm pretty poor. Instead of spending 30 bucks on a bag of protein, I can spend it on gas or a bill. I'm not in a huge rush to be big. As long as I'm doing all the right things, it will happen.

Thats cool bro, I absolutely respect that. But like I said supplements are just that, it is a extension of your diet where you lack certain and "KEY" supps in order to 100% balance your diet. Have you ever gotten a CBC done with your primary? Chances are you may be eating clean and may only need one or two things in order to fill your balanced diet with. And believe me I have a freshman in college, I know what being financially dry means and is. LOL

Thats cool bro, I absolutely respect that. But like I said supplements are just that, it is a extension of your diet where you lack certain and "KEY" supps in order to 100% balance your diet. Have you ever gotten a CBC done with your primary? Chances are you may be eating clean and may only need one or two things in order to fill your balanced diet with. And believe me I have a freshman in college, I know what being financially dry means and is. LOL

Actually, I haven't. Wouldn't be a bad idea to get checked out, though. I might cave in and get some protein. I think I only get half as much as I need from eating during the day. Is it a gram for every pound or two grams?

General rule of thumb is 1gram per body pound. Thats just to sustain your everyday life style. 1 1/2 grams per body pound if your moderatly active to working out a few days a week. (thats the basics and enough to get you buy) with good results. I knew you would come around! bahahaha j/k

P.S. go over to TP4U's thread on protein intake and usage amounts. good info on that thread.

i think the myth that deads will make your waist thicker is a genetic thing.... wear a belt and you should be fine.
No it's not a myth or genetic thing. Your torso is a very large muscle group. It is made of the very same fibres and components as glutes, quads,back or any other muscle in the body. So if trained with the right resistance and intensity why would it not grow also? Your midsection is not some magic muscle that is impervious to training. Trust me, do weighted crunches, weighted hanging knee raises on a regular basis and use the same intensity and growth techniques as you would any other muscle in your body, then tell me what happens!

Yes deadlifts exert a tremendous load on your torso, the weights used are very heavy, it produces a strong THICK trunk! Now as for a belt, well that's a personal thing. If you want to rely on a belt then go ahead, they have their place but for functional torso and trunk training you don't need one. Over time it will destablise your lower abdominals and lower back. It does not allow all the stabilizers in your torso to go to work thus compromising stability and strength with loads. Again belts DO have their place, like when doing max effort or heavy assed singles, but for everyday training they are a hinderance.

No it's not a myth or genetic thing. Your torso is a very large muscle group. It is made of the very same fibres and components as glutes, quads,back or any other muscle in the body. So if trained with the right resistance and intensity why would it not grow also? Your midsection is not some magic muscle that is impervious to training. Trust me, do weighted crunches, weighted hanging knee raises on a regular basis and use the same intensity and growth techniques as you would any other muscle in your body, then tell me what happens!

Yes deadlifts exert a tremendous load on your torso, the weights used are very heavy, it produces a strong THICK trunk! Now as for a belt, well that's a personal thing. If you want to rely on a belt then go ahead, they have their place but for functional torso and trunk training you don't need one. Over time it will destablise your lower abdominals and lower back. It does not allow all the stabilizers in your torso to go to work thus compromising stability and strength with loads. Again belts DO have their place, like when doing max effort or heavy assed singles, but for everyday training they are a hinderance.

Ok well i get what your saying on producing a thick trunk/muscular midsection. But as far as making your waist wide as hell like most people think... i dont think is true. Yes it will build a more muscular midsection which will most likly enhance your physique but it wont give you that big bloated/distentended look. I think that generally happens (especially in PL'ers) when doing a lot of loads close to your 1 Rep Max and results in to much abdomen pressure. If you stay let says in 4-10 you will be better off. But id like to hear your opinion on this OldFella.

As far as weighted crunches and stuff yes that will build up your waist size but thats because its direct stimulation to that mucle group. Deadlifts arnt direct stimulation to your abs. But the body grows as a whole and some people are more lucky than others when it comes to waist growing. But people with a small waist most likly had a extremely small waist to begin with and it did grow when their body grew as well but it started off really small to start with. What u think?

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws