over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Waxy Maize

Exactly right gooey ! And have you ever seen me get out of control, rude or offensive when I get counterpointed? I've seen some respected members fly off the handle when they get their comments challenged. I try to respect everyone's opinion, but I have no problem agreeing to disagree and don't resort to insults or name calling.

Mike Mentzer is the greatest bodybuilder who ever lived and his ideals on training and nutrition where dead on.

I expect some healthy debate about that. Maybe one day my opinion will change. :)

But then again I still think barring 1978 shoulder injury, Bert Jones was the greatest QB who ever played. :eek:

gooey said:
KM is right, marshall shouldn't be banned, we all have differing opinions and we should respect them. But marshall should know when he makes very aggressive comments about mentzer and how he would compete with todays level of BBers he should know that their will be quick, and decisive counter arguments. DC is a well respected well renowned(sp) individual who has so much rich information and credibility in the world of BBing it would be hard to debate with someone like that. I think what Marshall's trying to say least IMO lets not ferget the basics, that is what the foundation is. But in our world of performance enhancements we are always trying to find new ways via supplements, gear, training regiments, nutrition to try and manipulate the human body or its environment to perform at a higher level consistant with the activity. Works for some but not all
gooey

OK TP LET'S HEAR IT !

Put down the outdated, wrong and misleading information that I post !

TooPowerful4u said:
He hands out information based on what he thinks, which is outdated, simply wrong, and could mislead tons of people. Run a search on his posts...

marshall said:
See there is something we both agree on, and that advice is even more sage when applied to other facets of life.

If I said in a post that no one should listen to anyone advanced in this sport, I don't remember writing it and I skimmed through and couldn't find it.

What I am saying, is that there are other ways, that I feel are superior and more efficient and for lack of a better term "more fun" to get things done and guys are obsessing over the things that make no difference in my opinion.

I can take someone, cut their protein down to 75-100g, eliminate the PWO shake, pre-workout shake and let them eat whatever they want without counting calories and maintain their conditioning or tighten it or gain weight as they need.

That's all I'm saying :)

Post #19 is what I was referring to (cut and pasted below)

marshall said:
Far from wrong, it's just that for the most part, people in general will do what other people who they view to be in an authoritative position tell them to do. Even more so in bodybuidling when the person has bigger muscles. It's very odd.

DOGGCRAPP said:
Post #19 is what I was referring to (cut and pasted below)

I stand by that 100%. There are some that know how to filter what someone says who "may" have more to offer, because from observation that the person is of superior development or conditioning, but most hungry lifters just do what that person did, regardless. Exactly like the Spongebob episode (there is a reason they put that in the episode to mock it).

"Most aspiring, up and coming and knowledge thirsty weighlifters will do what that larger person tells them to do or duplicate their eating and training habits because they are bigger, not because the information is fact based and makes sense when applied to them".

That is my quote and statement....would you agree or disagree with this?

btw, TP4U completely mocked me along time ago when I simply asked Vander how he made his Beef-V8 drink. He said I wanted to look like Vander and would do exactly what Vander did to do it. All i really wanted was something different to mix up with ground beef. I tried it, didn't like it and never asked Vander for another piece of advice since. (Not that he doesn't have great advice to give, but I go down my own path most of the time).

gooey said:
F'n AMEN!!!!!!! Thats is laying the smacketh down on someone's candy ass!!!!!
goo

:confused: doggcrapp made some points, but he was so far off base about me, by trying to generalize me, that not much really applied.

edit: gooey, what makes me a candy ass? Just curious, not offended.

Last edited:
This thread is a joke.

Hey GRUNT...

What about adding additional Leucine into your formula. It seems to deliver where glutamine failed. At least that's the hype I've been reading. What do you think?:confused:

RSR34 said:
Hey GRUNT...

What about adding additional Leucine into your formula. It seems to deliver where glutamine failed. At least that's the hype I've been reading. What do you think?:confused:

luecine increases insulin sensitivity, I take 5 grams post workout with my shake .

So do most of u recommened using waxy maize gram for gram instead of dextrose with your pwo/post slin carbs? Just shake it up with your whey?

RSR34 said:
Hey GRUNT...

That seems about right. I have 10% BCAA's in my formula, that seems good to me...

OTOH, I don't see that the waxy maize does anything special at all.

HAHAHA!!!!

TooPowerful4u said:
We know Marshall.. we know....

TP4U, that was classic!:D

Anyway, as I sit here reading this thread I can't help but wonder how much of this could have been avoided if that damn Cybergenics kit would have worked!

:p ;)

BTW, for anyone who got the bag of waxy with no scooper, I emailed them and they told me that their scooper is equal to a 1/3cup which provieds around 38g waxy maize.

has everyone seen the OTHER waxy maize thread!?!?!

WHEN IS IT GOING TO END!!!

has everyone seen the OTHER waxy maize thread!?!?!

WHEN IS IT GOING TO END!!!

I actually find the peri workout nutrition debate fascinating: science vs those that have built a great physique without and preach it's worthless.

Science has a lot of proof that peri workout nutrition is extremely effective (I can post studies- just request) but then there are people that prove it isn't doesn't help a lot by just looking at their physique.

Maybe it is genetics, and for us non-gifted individuals we need to take advantage of everything we can. But that is only if it is actually better to have a set peri nutrition protocol. Maybe it's one of those things that works on paper but not in the trenches.

I was always taught to have peri workout nutrition religiously but ever since I have talked to a couple pros personally, it seems its not NEEDED.

But I'm no where near genetically gifted so I'm going to keep taking it just in case :D

Not that I agree with Marshal, but I think he has the right to his opinion.
Doggcrapp. I have HUGE respect for.

2PFU. Dude Grow up. I've read so many bullshit posts clogging up the board. You have nothing to contribute so keep your mouth shut and learn for a few years. I've been on the boards for 10 years and still learn everyday.

Ancient thread guys.

Not that I agree with Marshal, but I think he has the right to his opinion.
Doggcrapp. I have HUGE respect for.

2PFU. Dude Grow up. I've read so many bullshit posts clogging up the board. You have nothing to contribute so keep your mouth shut and learn for a few years. I've been on the boards for 10 years and still learn everyday.

Kinda lost on what YOU added to the thread... you gave shout outs to DC and didn't take a side or give an opinion. just said in '07 marshal is entitled to his opinion. Then trashed 2PFU for 'clogging' up the board with 'bullshit'.

So what did your post bring to this board. At least he gave his opinion and many people can read this thread and learn from this debate and the individuals views expressed on each side... Live and let live bro.

I love waxy maize. I use Evolution Labs. I blend it with Xtend-a BCAA mix with Glutamine. It is an essential part of my supplement regimine.

I heard Mike Mentzer ate waixy maze like candy!:rolleyes:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner