over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WAXY MAIZE OPINIONS

Is Waxy Maize worth it?

• Yes 100%

Votes: 45 60.8%
  • No. I've used different carbs that have been better

Votes: 29 39.2%

• Total voters
Loved Vitargo but too much money so I use Karbolyn its really good. Gives a long lasting pump and mixes well with protein too..

took it for a about a yr pwo. Before i used dextrose and/or gatorade powder pwo. I thought waxy was much better (didnt crash very hard, no bloat).

But to be honest, i cant tell much difference from eating white potato pwo vs waxy. I'll try waxy again for 1-2 months and see what happens since i have some left over.

i used to use karbolyn, so damn exp tho, i use waxi now........

how long b4 wo do you guys take it?

i used to use karbolyn, so damn exp tho, i use waxi now........

how long b4 wo do you guys take it?

I like to produce a insulin spike pre-workout when i take my bcaa/whey/and creatine, so I use dextrose. I keep waxy for my intra and post workout.

I like to produce a insulin spike pre-workout when i take my bcaa/whey/and creatine, so I use dextrose. I keep waxy for my intra and post workout.

i use intrabolic intra and waxi/whey/creatine post, i try to keep creatine to 1 dose per day of 5g

you use creatine pre also? what do you use for bcaa? i figured the bcaa were covered by the intrabolic

Last edited:
One major claim of WMS is “rapid glycogen” storage after exercise compared to other carbs. One study compared WMS to dextrose, maltodextrin, and a “resistant”*** starch. 8 male cyclists were put through a workout designed to deplete their glycogen stores**** so their muscles would be primed for glycogen storage as mentioned above in the “Brief History” section. Furthermore, after feeding them these various carb sources - at 24 hours after the glycogen depleting workout program - glycogen levels were essentially the same between the WMS, dextrose, and malto. In fact - although not statistically significant - dextrose was the best of the bunch in this study for getting glycogen levels back up after the exercise protocol (1) which is what athletes should strive for after tough workouts.

Another big claim of WMS is as a pre workout carb source, but is it any better than, say dextrose? The answer appears to be NO. Ten well trained, elite male cyclists were given either WMS, dextrose, resistant starch (RS), or placebo, and their ability to sustain endurance work after ingesting these carb sources and placebo tested. Performance during prolonged endurance exercise is related to the ability to maintain blood glucose levels via glycogen storage and ingested carbs before and or during the exercise. So, these researchers wanted to see which of these carb sources consumed pre-exercise would maintain performance during prolonged exercise. That is, which carb source would fuel the greatest amount of work in the final 30 minutes. First, they gave the cyclists (at separate times) each of the carbs (about a 75 gram dose) 30 minutes before their 2-hour ride. The blood glucose and insulin response from dextrose was 3 times higher in the first 15 minutes; at 30 minutes glucose was still over 1.5 times higher while insulin remained 3 times higher. Then they did their exhaustive ride. The study found dextrose and WMS similar (although dextrose still had a slight edge) in their ability to maintain performance with RS and placebo being less effective (2). Again, WMS did not show itself to be anything special and slightly less effective then good old dextrose. This also is the first study (of several—see more below) to show WMS to be low glycemic and low insulinemic (low insulin spiking).

I can buy a whole tub of regular oats and put them in any shake pre or post work out and get the same benefits. A big tub of oats only cost about $4.

I've seen no difference with WM or Dex as opposed to food.
Do whatever is easiest for you...

I can buy a whole tub of regular oats and put them in any shake pre or post work out and get the same benefits. A big tub of oats only cost about $4.

is this completely true?

even for pwo?

i know oats are magic for chol, i use em only in morn shake tho

i use intrabolic intra and waxi/whey/creatine post, i try to keep creatine to 1 dose per day of 5g

you use creatine pre also? what do you use for bcaa? i figured the bcaa were covered by the intrabolic

I use anatrop which covers my bcaa's, extra l-leucine, and creatine. Take 1 scoop pre-workout, 2 scoops intra, 1 scoop PWO.

Honestly i like waxymaize. very good pumps. i like the other powder carbs to but notice huge pumps off of the waxymaize.

One major claim of WMS is “rapid glycogen” storage after exercise compared to other carbs. One study compared WMS to dextrose, maltodextrin, and a “resistant”*** starch. 8 male cyclists were put through a workout designed to deplete their glycogen stores**** so their muscles would be primed for glycogen storage as mentioned above in the “Brief History” section. Furthermore, after feeding them these various carb sources - at 24 hours after the glycogen depleting workout program - glycogen levels were essentially the same between the WMS, dextrose, and malto. In fact - although not statistically significant - dextrose was the best of the bunch in this study for getting glycogen levels back up after the exercise protocol (1) which is what athletes should strive for after tough workouts.

Another big claim of WMS is as a pre workout carb source, but is it any better than, say dextrose? The answer appears to be NO. Ten well trained, elite male cyclists were given either WMS, dextrose, resistant starch (RS), or placebo, and their ability to sustain endurance work after ingesting these carb sources and placebo tested. Performance during prolonged endurance exercise is related to the ability to maintain blood glucose levels via glycogen storage and ingested carbs before and or during the exercise. So, these researchers wanted to see which of these carb sources consumed pre-exercise would maintain performance during prolonged exercise. That is, which carb source would fuel the greatest amount of work in the final 30 minutes. First, they gave the cyclists (at separate times) each of the carbs (about a 75 gram dose) 30 minutes before their 2-hour ride. The blood glucose and insulin response from dextrose was 3 times higher in the first 15 minutes; at 30 minutes glucose was still over 1.5 times higher while insulin remained 3 times higher. Then they did their exhaustive ride. The study found dextrose and WMS similar (although dextrose still had a slight edge) in their ability to maintain performance with RS and placebo being less effective (2). Again, WMS did not show itself to be anything special and slightly less effective then good old dextrose. This also is the first study (of several—see more below) to show WMS to be low glycemic and low insulinemic (low insulin spiking).

Your first study, studies the participants 24 hrs after the depleting workout? What were there activity levels up to that point after the workout?

I for one love waxy maize because I get ZERO bloat. I don't think there is much more of a benefit otherwise. As someone has mentioned, if you find a deal the Primaforce kind can be bought for pretty cheap. Making it around 24-30 cents a scoop.

is this completely true?

even for pwo?

i know oats are magic for chol, i use em only in morn shake tho

As far as im concerned it is. I switch up a little and sometimes use WM, sometimes Oats, sometimes a couple of apples. I dont notice any difference between the 3.

Waxy maize tastes like chalk! I'd rather eat my carbs. The guys I know that drink it during workouts just seem to get short of breath. Seems counter productive. Rice, oatmeal, potatoes, grits, and fruit all worked throughout the history of physical culture. Guess what? They still do!

I use dextrose when I'm not using slin, and WMS when I'm using slin. I guess the general idea is that WMS is a fast carb that doesn't spike your insulin, dextrose is a fast carb that does. I have no idea if this is true or not, I just like the taste of unflavored WMS over dextrose.

I've seen no difference with WM or Dex as opposed to food.
Do whatever is easiest for you...

Exactly..I use wm when its convenient for me to do so. I prefer to eat whole foods, but wm helps when im ina rush.

PWO is great with WM but im going to do half WM and dextrose when i run insulin next

most carbs make me gassy and bloated... waxy doesn't. i use it before and after every workout. good stuff.

ditto

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity