over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

anyone use waxy maize or is it a bunch of bull

go to bulk barn then tell me what dirt cheap is LOL dextrose is 69cents a lb .. maltodextrin I believe is the same..

yes because maltodextrin is a filler its used as a binding agent in most pills as well, and is used as a thickening agent in some food dishes aswell

just for experiment get a lb its 69cents and give it a try but i suggest you drink it by itself and have the protein after the idea is to spike our blood sugar to release insulin when combined with protein you are not getting the same effect

How do you feel about these new carb supplements out there? I got a buddy using Karbolic and says he likes it but I have never researched or seen this kinda crap out there before. "Proprietary Blend Of Long, Medium And Short Chain Polysaccharides From Potato, Rice And Corn, Corn Dextrin, Taurine, Trimethylglycine, Polyglucose (Rice Starch), Lecithin, (From Soy) Carrageenan, Pterosport™ (A Proprietary Extract Of Mixed Stilbenoids From Vitis Viniferina." -- what is this crap vs. plain ole Dextrose/Maltodextrin. Is it just some overhyped overpriced supplement?

How do you feel about these new carb supplements out there? I got a buddy using Karbolic and says he likes it but I have never researched or seen this kinda crap out there before. "Proprietary Blend Of Long, Medium And Short Chain Polysaccharides From Potato, Rice And Corn, Corn Dextrin, Taurine, Trimethylglycine, Polyglucose (Rice Starch), Lecithin, (From Soy) Carrageenan, Pterosport™ (A Proprietary Extract Of Mixed Stilbenoids From Vitis Viniferina." -- what is this crap vs. plain ole Dextrose/Maltodextrin. Is it just some overhyped overpriced supplement?

dextrose is a single bond molecule so no digestion needed its just absorbed..

that supplement you mentioned basically takes the sugars from potato, rice, and or corn or just one or the other and breaks it down into as close to a single bond as possible... so they are just different sources of fast sugars... instead of dextrose which is from corn...

the blend can be achieved by using 50/50 dextrose malto for 1/10 of the price ... but there is no need for that unless using insulin as it keeps blood sugar more stable for longer periods and youd have to experiment on which you like better... (gatorade being the cheapest option there)

still for simple blood sugar spike and fast recovery nothing will beat dextrose with a dilution of less than 10%

dextrose is a single bond molecule so no digestion needed its just absorbed..

that supplement you mentioned basically takes the sugars from potato, rice, and or corn or just one or the other and breaks it down into as close to a single bond as possible... so they are just different sources of fast sugars... instead of dextrose which is from corn...

the blend can be achieved by using 50/50 dextrose malto for 1/10 of the price ... but there is no need for that unless using insulin as it keeps blood sugar more stable for longer periods and youd have to experiment on which you like better... (gatorade being the cheapest option there)

still for simple blood sugar spike and fast recovery nothing will beat dextrose with a dilution of less than 10%

I might try a 50/50 blend. Honestly in all the years I've been doing this I've never put much thought into PWO nutrition. I just eat like a champ after I work out and that's been good enough. So you are saying even with the dextrose/maltodextrin, you should consume the carbs immediately after the work out and wait how long for protein? 15-30 minutes?

I might try a 50/50 blend. Honestly in all the years I've been doing this I've never put much thought into PWO nutrition. I just eat like a champ after I work out and that's been good enough. So you are saying even with the dextrose/maltodextrin, you should consume the carbs immediately after the work out and wait how long for protein? 15-30 minutes?

how ever long you feel ...youll feel hot probably like your face is hotter thats usually a sign 5-10-15 -20 dont really count I just drink my protein when Im ready then I eat my meal at the gym ...

I like Karbolyn. But it is expensive. Thinking of trying something else at some point

True Nutrition's karbolyn competitor (karboload) is the same servings (40) for about half the price. Don't see why anyone wouldn't at least give it a try.

Glad I saw this thread, I used to use dextrose religiously post workout but stopped about a year ago. I noticed very little change.

That said Iv been thinking about adding 50-90 grams of dextrose again to my 50g whey shake post workout.

What about a cup or half a cup of oats in post workout shake then eat an hour later?

Going to start trying out 1/2 cup of oats today, fits my calorie goals nicely and I dont have any dextrose/WM/malto, cant find locally.

Glad I saw this thread, I used to use dextrose religiously post workout but stopped about a year ago. I noticed very little change.

That said Iv been thinking about adding 50-90 grams of dextrose again to my 50g whey shake post workout.

What about a cup or half a cup of oats in post workout shake then eat an hour later?

Going to start trying out 1/2 cup of oats today, fits my calorie goals nicely and I dont have any dextrose/WM/malto, cant find locally.

During contest prep my coach had me doing anywhere from 1/2c-1c oats (I grinded them in a blender, threw them in shaker cup w/ protein etc) and 1-2tbsp honey. Seemed to work fine, and didn't feel starving 30mins later either.

Heres what Im gonna try.

50 grams of whey with 1.5 cups of frosted flakes thrown in a blender with water and ice post workout. Comes out to 50g protein, 56g carbs - 24g from sugar.

Also on a positive note frosted flakes dont contain HFCS, but rather real sugar.

I dont know was at the store and it seemed like a good and tasty idea.

Last edited:
I have tried them all and don't see a difference.i stick with maxymaize it's cheap and does the trick.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinFinch
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131