over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weighted dips

Dips were my exercise.. I took them so serious I had a special dip bar made for my gym from a custom equipment manufacturer in louisiana.. it went narrow to wide ( 34 inches at its widest).. knurled grips.. stood high off the ground so I could have my legs straight and not touch the floor at full stretch.. they were my main exercise for chest.. 5 to 6 sets a shot.. very slow cadence.. but it did take its toll on my shoulders.. to the point I can't do then without quite a bit of discomfort.. but nothing built my delts.. chest and tris like dips
My dad built me a dipping bar for the garage when I was a teenager. My front delts and triceps grew well from this exercise. But it never stimulated by chest like flat and decline presses. I had to give up dips years ago because it makes my shoulders hurt. Leaning forward during dips actually hits my triceps better than staying upright because the movement feels more natural.

I think the major thing that puts the most stress on the chest is going wider on dips and flaring the elbows out. It feels similar to doing decline press.

One of my favorites. But definitely have take care to keep the weight supported by muscle and not joints obviously. It requires a bit of mind muscle connection. I never go full deep because if I lean into them, I can get the chest stretch lifting my knees a bit and not risk AC/rotators giving you an assist. I never fully lock out my elbows either. I instinctively cross my calves behind still as I've done since high school.

These days, I do a very controlled 15+ with just 2 wheels. At heaviest and strongest I could do three plates easily. It's a great TUT exercise. Maybe it's just the way I do them that I never felt shoulder strain/pain with them. It's like it's a natural movement for me as many other exercises are to others. Straight bar incline/flatbench hurts my shoulders much more but dumbells are fine. Go figure.

Bonus: after dips, my triceps are fully wrecked and painfully pumped (which I love).

I think many injuries occur because of progressing in weight too fast (thank you steroids) as the muscles get stronger, faster than the connective tissue.

What I have endeavored to do is to slow the ‘process’ down without sacrificing gains is to wait until you can duplicate your performance (sets, reps, weight) 3 times in perfect form before adding weight. It is very natural to want to add weight too fast but in many cases it can come back to haunt you.
Sage advice, as always!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner