over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Weird affect from Yohimbe fuel.

BigBoyJ

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got some Yohimbe Fuel to help drop some blubber so that I could be a sexy whore for Summer. The problem is that everytime I take it, I get an aching pain in my liver and kidney areas. It lasts for several hours, like 6-8. It feels like my body is trying to process drano, or something. It sucks. Obviously I had to stop taking it because of that. Does anybody have any idea what the hell would do that? Has it happened to anybody else?

sounds like you were dehydrated and the yohimbe aggravated that

Shouldn't be dehydration, I drink about 1 1/2 gallons of distilled water a day. I've never heard of it doing that to anyone else. Maybe I'm a wuss.

distilled????

that makes u dehydrated, that has no mineral content in the water it will actually male u pee out the minerals that help u retain water like sodium, potassium, drop the distilled go to a pure water, or some thing else besides distilled
gooey

gooey said:
that makes u dehydrated, that has no mineral content in the water it will actually male u pee out the minerals that help u retain water like sodium, potassium, drop the distilled go to a pure water, or some thing else besides distilled
gooey

bingo

dehydrated

I have had the distilled water argument many times. No one has ever proven that distilled water dehydrates you. In fact, it's all I can stand. Any other water makes me nauseous. Believe me, I am well hydrated. I have every sign of very good hydration and NO signs of dehydration at all. If anything, I'm holding way too much damned water right now. :eek:

um holding water is a sign of not enough water!

lots of water prime the pump, piss everything out.

DISTILLED WATER ENHANCES MINERAL ABSORPTION

DR. BILL MISNER, Ph.D.

E-CAPS INC. & HAMMER NUTRITION LTD.

DOES DISTILLED WATER LEACH MINERALS FROM OUR BODIES?

Absolutely, not...in fact just the opposite has been found to occur in cellular research studies. It is a mistaken belief that drinking pure distilled water reduces valuable minerals from living human tissues.

ORGANIC MINERALS VS. INORGANIC MINERALS

There are two types of minerals, organic and inorganic. Human physiology has a biological affinity for organic minerals. Most organic minerals for our body functions come from dietary plant foods. A growing plant converts the inorganic minerals from the soils to a useful organic mineral. When an organic mineral (from a plant food) enters the stomach it must attach itself to a specific protein-molecule(chelation) in order to be absorbed, then it gains access to the tissue sites where it is needed. Once a plant mineral is divested within the body, it is utilized as a coenzyme for composing body fluids, forming blood and bone cells, and the maintaining of healthy nerve transmission.(Balch & Balch 1990)

Without a healthy organic mineral balance inside and outside the cells of muscle, blood, and bone substructures, the body will began to spasm, twitch and cramp, eventually deteriorating to a full"rigor complex", and/or complete failure.

INORGANIC MINERALS FROM TAPWATER ARE "BAD NEWS".

Tap water presents a variety of inorganic minerals which our body has difficulty absorbing. Their presence is suspect in a wide array of degenerative diseases, such as hardening of the arteries, arthritis, kidney stones, gall stones, glaucoma, cataracts, hearing loss, emphysema, diabetes, and obesity. What minerals are available, especially in "hard" tapwater, are poorly absorbed, or rejected by cellular tissue sites, and, if not evacuated, their presence may cause arterial obstruction, and internal damage.(Dennison 1993, Muehling 1994, Banik 1989)

ORGANIC MINERALS ARE PREFERRED...

Is it any wonder why the body prefers the richest source of mineral substrates from organic foods instead of the

mineral-poor sources from tap water? Even if the human tissue suddenly developed the ability to absorb inorganic minerals from tap water, it would take an enormous amount of tapwater to supply the bare minimal mineral quantities for human life functions. If(for example) the rich inorganic mineral content of the tap water in Reno, Nevada were modified so that it would convert the daily Calcium requirement(RDA) from its inorganic calcium solutes, one would have to drink 7.4 gallons of their tap water!

HOW DISTILLED WATER ENHANCES MINERAL ABSORPTION RATES

Distilled Pure Water will not conduct electricity when only 2 parts inorganic minerals or less are present. Water with 5 parts inorganic content per million parts water(or more) will conduct electricity, completing a simple circuit and lighting a tester bulb! The higher the inorganic content is in a per million count, the less effectively water transmits organic minerals to tissue sites. Bottled water, tapwater, reverse-osmosis filtered water, and carbon-block filtered water(when tested) will conduct electricity, substantiating that each one is not the best carrier for the mineral-transport and mineral-absorption(Muehling 1994). Our tapwater in the USA has been shown to contain 19 "inorganic metals of concern"(1994 Safe Water Drinking Act), for which maximum contaminant levels have been set.(Tone 1994) Most American tapwater tested falls between the ranges of 350 parts per million to over 1000 parts per million total contaminants!(Colgan 1993)

REPEAT THE QUESTION PLEASE...

Does drinking distilled water leach the minerals from the body? No, quite the opposite...if inorganic minerals are "removed" from tapwater, by converting it into pure distilled water, the result is remarkable biological mineral absorption for both health and maximal metabolic activity. The application of this query has a remarkably high correlation to the general properties of maximal absorption rates, for all micronutrients which traverse the gastric chambers directly into the muscle cells for premium performance demand.

REFERENCES

Muehling EC, "Pure Water Now: Its Time For Action," 2cd Ed., Pure Water Inc., Lincoln, Neb., 1994:1-42.

Dennison C, "Why I Drink Distilled Water", Reprint Form 6300, Pure Water Inc., Lincoln, Neb.,1993.

Tone J, "Your Drinking Water-How Good Is It?", National Testing Laboratories Inc., Cleveland, Ohio,1994:21.

Banik AE, "The Choice Is Clear," ACRES USA, Metaire, Louisiana, 1989:37.

Balch JF, Balch PA, PRESCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL HEALING, Avery Publishing Co., Garden City, NY, 1990:17.

Colgan M, OPTIMUM SPORTS NUTRITION, Advanced Research Press, New York, NY, 1993:23-24.

I have to jump in here and agree with BBJ

I drink distilled water only. 1-2 gallons every day for about 5 years now. Have yet to notice any problems.
KH

The point Im trying to make is not so much distilled water, I could careless on that debate actually, but just from that post and question asked in the way it was worded, dehydration seemed to be the likely culprit. You seem positive its not, than its not.

Then again how in the world any pains or cramps were from liver or kidneys? Damage done there is **usually** felt thru some sort of systematic responses than pain the region. (Yes the organ tissue can get sore)

It's just weird that I don't get any pain from anything else. I can take all types of supplements and gear and get no pain, but 1 damn yohimbe fuel and I feel like my inner torso is getting eaten alive. Who know's. There's just something about it that doesn't agree with me I guess.

I had to jump out of bed and post (i usually dont think of you before bed :eek: )

yohimbine is a mild MAO inhibitor

Now in some people the effect is greater than others. You might be highly senstive!

FOODS TO AVOID
Alcoholic beverages
Avoid Chianti wine and vermouth.
Consumption of red, white, and port wine in quantities less than 120 mL present little risk (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986).
Beer and ale should also be avoided (McCabe, 1986), however other investigators feel major domestic (US) brands of beer is safe in small quantities (½ cup or less than 120 mL) (Anon, 1989; Da Prada, 1988), but imported beer should not be consumed unless a specific brand is known to be safe.
Whiskey and liqueurs such as Drambuie and Chartreuse have caused reactions.
Nonalcoholic beverages (alcohol-free beer and wines) may contain tyramine and should be avoided (Anon, 1989; Stockley, 1993).

Banana peels
A single case report implicates a banana as the causative agent, which involved the consumption of whole stewed green banana, including the peel. Ripe banana pulp contains 7 µg/gram of tyramine compared to a peel which contains 65 µg/gram and 700 µg of tyramine and dopamine, respectively (McCabe, 1986).

Bean curd
Fermented bean curd, fermented soya bean, soya bean pastes contain a significant amount of tyramine (Anon, 1989).

Broad (fava) bean pods
These beans contain dopa, not tyramine, which is metabolized to dopamine and may cause a pressor reaction and therefore should not be eaten particularly if overripe (McCabe, 1986; Anon, 1989; Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Cheese
Tyramine content cannot be predicted based on appearance, flavor, or variety and therefore should be avoided.
Cream cheese and cottage cheese have no detectable level of tyramine (McCabe, 1986; Anon, 1989, Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Fish
Fresh fish (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986) and vacuum-packed pickled fish or caviar contain only small amounts of tyramine and are safe if consumed promptly or refrigerated for short periods; longer storage may be dangerous (Anon, 1989).
Smoked, fermented, pickled (Herring) and otherwise aged fish, meat, or any spoiled food may contain high levels of tyramine and should be avoided (Anon, 1989; Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Ginseng
Some preparations have resulted in a headache, tremulousness, and manic-like symptoms (Anon, 1989).

Protein extracts
Three brands of meat extract contained 95, 206, and 304 µg/gram of tyramine and therefore meat extracts should be avoided (McCabe, 1986).
Avoid liquid and powdered protein dietary supplements (Anon, 1989
).

Meat
nonfresh or liver
no detectable levels identified in fresh chicken livers
high tyramine content found in spoiled or unfresh livers (McCabe, 1986).
Fresh meat is safe, caution suggested in restaurants (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988).
Sausage, bologna, pepperoni and salami contain large amounts of tyramine (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986).
No detectable tyramine levels were identified in country cured ham (McCabe, 1986).

Sauerkraut
Tyramine content has varied from 20 to 95 µg/gram and should be avoided (McCabe, 1986).

Shrimp paste
Contain a large amount of tyramine (Anon, 1989).

Soups
Should be avoided as protein extracts may be present; miso soup is prepared from fermented bean curd and contain tyramine in large amounts and should not be consumed (Anon, 1989).

Yeast
Brewer's or extracts - yeast extracts (Marmite) which are spread on bread or mixed with water,
Brewer's yeast, or Yeast vitamin supplements should not be consumed.
Yeast used in baking is safe (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; McCabe, 1986).

Now some people have no problems whatsoever but you just maybe a lucky one.

Monoamine oxidase is found in the gastrointestinal tract and inactivates tyramine; when drugs prevent the catabolism of exogenous tyramine, this amino acid is absorbed and displaces norepinephrine from sympathetic nerve ending and epinephrine from the adrenal glands. If a sufficient amount of pressor amines are released, a patient may experience a severe occipital or temporal headache, diaphoresis, mydriasis, nuchal rigidity, palpitations, and the elevation of both diastolic and systolic blood pressure may ensue (Anon, 1989; Da Prada et al, 1988; Brown & Bryant, 1988). On rare occasions, cardiac arrhythmias, cardiac failure, and intracerebral hemorrhage have developed in patients receiving MAOI therapy that did not observe dietary restrictions (Brown & Bryant, 1988).

Also effects would be GREATLY exagerrated if you are on a SSRI and several other medicines. EVEN CAFFIENE.

FOODS TO USE WITH CAUTION

(½ cup or less than 120 mL)
Alcoholic beverages - see under foods to avoid.
Avocados - contain tyramine, particularly overripe (Anon, 1989) but may be used in small amounts if not overripened (McCabe, 1986).

Caffeine - contains a weak pressor agent, large amounts may cause a reaction (Anon, 1989).

Chocolate - is safe to ingest for most patients, unless consumed in large amounts (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986).

Dairy products - Cream, sour cream, cottage cheese, cream cheese, yogurt, or milk should pose little risk unless prolonged storage or lack of sanitation standards exists (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986). Products should not be used if close to the expiration date (McCabe, 1986).

Nuts - large quantities of peanuts were implicated in a hypertensive reaction and headache. Coconuts and brazil nuts have also been implicated, however no analysis of the tyramine content was performed (McCabe, 1986).

Raspberries - contain tyramine and small amounts are expected to be safe (McCabe, 1986).

Soy sauce - has been reported to contain large amounts of tyramine and reactions have been reported with teriyaki (Anon, 1989), however analysis of soy sauce reveals a tyramine level of 1.76 µg/mL and fermented meat may have contributed to the previously reported reactions (McCabe, 1986).

Spinach, New Zealand prickly or hot weather - large amounts have resulted in a reaction (Anon, 1989; McCabe, 1986).

and BTW the same shit happens to me with Yohimbe Fuel from Twinlab.

Alpha-Yohimbine has worked like a charm. Its much more potent so it requires much lower dosing, to note

You hit the nail with that post. Ginseng, soups, soy sauce, processed meats all make me feel like shit. I never knew what the connection was. You just taught me something. I knew I wasn't dehydrated. :D

And don't worry, it's ok to think of me before bed.

Last edited:
Nemesis79 said:
where did u get your yohimbe from??

A grocery store here in my hometown. It's Twinlab.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear