over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

went to doc today, some questions

qbkilla

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I went to the doc today to get my high BP checked out. THey got me at 142/87 (im off cycle). I was 5'11 239lbs. I talked to the doc and showed him my ankes (I believe there is some fluid there) and he said it is probably from the vericose veins that I have (very minor in me, but they run in my family). He said he does not think the swelling is from any heart failure but from the vericose veinss I have.

He did not seem to concerned about my ankles and did not really think they are swollen, and does not think i need to worry about CHF. I told him that my home blood pressure monitor shows I have an arythmia and told him that I often have palipations. He listened to my heart with a stethiscope and said he did not hear anything out of the ordinary. He also listened to my lungs and did not hear anything abnormal or any fluid build up (a sign of CHF).

THey offered to do blood work and an EKG but I declined because I am not mentally ready to really find out if I have a serious problem but I plan on getting an EKG soon. I just wanted to get some BP meds so I can control my high blood pressure today but he said that he wants me to lose some weight and keep doing cardio and see if my BP comes down. He said if it doesnt they might give me an ACE inhibitor next time.

So anyway, lol, I had some questions if anyone can help out. I know i need to get tests done (EKG, etc, but im just scared right now but will get them soon).

1. Can he really listen to an arythmia? I thought only an EKG could tell that? He said he should be able to hear any abnormality and he said I sound fine. He said the most common type os PVC (premature ventricular contraction) not A-fibrilation.

2. Can he really hear for fluid in my lungs just by putting the stethiscope on my back? I would think an MRI would be needed.

3. Do you guys think another doc would give me BP meds with that high BP?

I have nothing against doctors and im not saying I dont trust him, but im just the type of person that is always cautious and skeptical about everything. I was suprised I did not get meds with a BP that high. I am losing weight but there are alot of BBers alot bigger than me on here that have normal blood pressure so im kinda frustrated that he thinks some weight loss will make that big a difference.

1. Can he really listen to an arythmia? I thought only an EKG could tell that? He said he should be able to hear any abnormality and he said I sound fine. He said the most common type os PVC (premature ventricular contraction) not A-fibrilation.

2. Can he really hear for fluid in my lungs just by putting the stethiscope on my back? I would think an MRI would be needed.

yes and no to the first question. if its very slight then no its its more pronounced then yes he could hear it beatting irregularly

yes you can hear fluid in the lungs with a stethiscope.. it makes a swirly sound.. have you ever been sick and went to the dr.. they listen to your chest for more then just to listen to your heart. they want to know if the cold has moved into your chest in the form of fluid or phlegm

i think prolly no meds.. its prehypertensive but not in a range that is life threatening. they will want you to lose weight first since that could easily cause the elevation whereas throwing you on meds could cause other problems

i would get the blood work.. especially if you do cycle.. water in the ankles can be more then just heart issues and could point to the kidneys

I went to the doc today to get my high BP checked out. THey got me at 142/87 (im off cycle). I was 5'11 239lbs. I talked to the doc and showed him my ankes (I believe there is some fluid there) and he said it is probably from the vericose veins that I have (very minor in me, but they run in my family). He said he does not think the swelling is from any heart failure but from the vericose veinss I have.

He did not seem to concerned about my ankles and did not really think they are swollen, and does not think i need to worry about CHF. I told him that my home blood pressure monitor shows I have an arythmia and told him that I often have palipations. He listened to my heart with a stethiscope and said he did not hear anything out of the ordinary. He also listened to my lungs and did not hear anything abnormal or any fluid build up (a sign of CHF).

THey offered to do blood work and an EKG but I declined because I am not mentally ready to really find out if I have a serious problem but I plan on getting an EKG soon. I just wanted to get some BP meds so I can control my high blood pressure today but he said that he wants me to lose some weight and keep doing cardio and see if my BP comes down. He said if it doesnt they might give me an ACE inhibitor next time.

So anyway, lol, I had some questions if anyone can help out. I know i need to get tests done (EKG, etc, but im just scared right now but will get them soon).

I have nothing against doctors and im not saying I dont trust him, but im just the type of person that is always cautious and skeptical about everything. I was suprised I did not get meds with a BP that high. I am losing weight but there are alot of BBers alot bigger than me on here that have normal blood pressure so im kinda frustrated that he thinks some weight loss will make that big a difference.

You are probally over reacting, trust your doctor. You do not have high blood pressure, it is borderline high. Mine was about the same and my doctor was not concerned at all. I would do the bloodwork and EKG, if it is covered by your medical. Remember, there are alot of factors that raise your blood pressure.

yes and no to the first question. if its very slight then no its its more pronounced then yes he could hear it beatting irregularly

yes you can hear fluid in the lungs with a stethiscope.. it makes a swirly sound.. have you ever been sick and went to the dr.. they listen to your chest for more then just to listen to your heart. they want to know if the cold has moved into your chest in the form of fluid or phlegm

i think prolly no meds.. its prehypertensive but not in a range that is life threatening. they will want you to lose weight first since that could easily cause the elevation whereas throwing you on meds could cause other problems

i would get the blood work.. especially if you do cycle.. water in the ankles can be more then just heart issues and could point to the kidneys

This is what I was thinking also. Get everything done and taken care of. Not knowing is worse, especially with anxiety.

Big JC

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner