over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What 7% Body Fat Looks Like According To Dexa

x2.

I KNEW my Dexa's were reading wrong 3-4 months ago.
I did a pre-offseason scan—just to get a good starting point.
And then this one.

My pre was 8.3%...post is 9.7%
But the LBM increase was huge. As long as you are tracking with SOMETHING, you're doing something right.

exactly.

Here are some updated pics a little over 5 weeks after my original post. Currently 240lbs. - up from 201lbs. at my Dexa scan - and having my all-time best rebound.

2ufbyc6.jpg

2l1d1d.jpg

clue us in on why this rebound is so much better

clue us in on why this rebound is so much better

In the past, I've always been controlled with my rebounds, strategically upping my calories by the week. This has worked well and got me to my all-time highest offseason weight of 241.6lbs. at a bit less leaner than I am now.

This time, when I broke my diet I upped my calories dramatically - like up 500 the first week and 1,000+ the second - virtually all from carbohydrates. The last few weeks I've been doing 2 big clean meals that are ~80 grams protein / ~50-80 grams carbs, then eating whatever I want for my last meal of the day. I'm sure that meal alone has been over 1,000 calories many times.

This rebound is so much better because after 5 weeks I'm already at essentially my all-time highest weight, which basically guarantees I can hit 250lbs. - 260lbs. with another few months of growing. My goal this year was to hit my all-time biggest so I said fuck it, threw carbs in heavy right away, and I'm now I'm well on my way.

I've always introduced carbs slowly in rebounds because I didn't want to get too fat too quick. After dieting from 12% to 7% this year in 10 weeks, I realize that's not something I need to worry about. Dieting is pretty easy for me.

We get very caught up in what we know works best for us, but sometimes trying a completely counterintuitive approach can really pay off.

Quads lookin like they are gonna explode bro!:eek::headbang:
i am SUPER curious what a dexa scan would say now
-F2S

Have you Ever hit 250-260 ?
Sometimes getting bigger is Like Hitting a Wall...It just Stops!

You were always in shape and looked good. Now you are in shape, look good and getting huge. Nice fricking work daniel!:eek:

Nice! I have done Dexa scans a few times and find them far more accurate than any other composition testing method.

There is a handheld scanner called SKULPT that a few clients have that seems to be close to Dexa results...and truly I use it to show CHANGE more than true % but I have twice found it to be only about .2% off from a Dexa scan! Scan was 10.1% and Skulpt showed 10.3! Another scan at 12.4% and Skulpt at 12.1% - for $100 device I was impressed. And it's not guessing either like many of your bio-electrical devices, as you don't even put in your height and weight.

To the OP, yeah I'd say that's right on...for sure sub 9% and for sure greater than 6%... mid 7s would be my guess also.

And the 290+ lbs beast... at the place I go to no way you would even FIT under the scanner arm all the way lol... so what happens there is the machine has to just mirror one side to the other and that can cause some inaccuracy... and total body fat COULD be 10% as you may have no real visceral accumulation and intra muscular fat...looking at the pic you're holding some water as well and some subcutaneous fat I'd say... so very well could be 10% man... HEEEEYYYYOOOOOGGGE! lol

Quads lookin like they are gonna explode bro!:eek::headbang:
i am SUPER curious what a dexa scan would say now
-F2S

I'd bet he is STILL just sub 10%... like 9.8% would be my guess...that's insane jump in weight with so little fat gained! Impressive!

Nice! I have done Dexa scans a few times and find them far more accurate than any other composition testing method.

There is a handheld scanner called SKULPT that a few clients have that seems to be close to Dexa results...and truly I use it to show CHANGE more than true % but I have twice found it to be only about .2% off from a Dexa scan! Scan was 10.1% and Skulpt showed 10.3! Another scan at 12.4% and Skulpt at 12.1% - for $100 device I was impressed. And it's not guessing either like many of your bio-electrical devices, as you don't even put in your height and weight.

To the OP, yeah I'd say that's right on...for sure sub 9% and for sure greater than 6%... mid 7s would be my guess also.

And the 290+ lbs beast... at the place I go to no way you would even FIT under the scanner arm all the way lol... so what happens there is the machine has to just mirror one side to the other and that can cause some inaccuracy... and total body fat COULD be 10% as you may have no real visceral accumulation and intra muscular fat...looking at the pic you're holding some water as well and some subcutaneous fat I'd say... so very well could be 10% man... HEEEEYYYYOOOOOGGGE! lol

Even dexa is off by up to 2%

Pretty wild, I usually start my growth periods at the high singles and use the same rebound method, but ive never been able to stay that dry. Muscle bellies explode sure but my problem areas always swell up too, different strokes for different folks though. Also jealous of that quad pump.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I wouldn't have reached this level without the knowledge and motivation I get from this board. With 17 years of real-world experiences, Professional Muscle is one of the greatest bodybuilding resources to ever exist.

I too am interested in another Dexa scan. Our location is closed on Mondays but I plan on calling tomorrow.

Point is it's consistently more accurate than other methods. And the little handheld was nearly identical...

I wouldn't want to get a dexa regularly even if the radiation dose is light. Why does one need consistency? It's just a number for curiosity sake, what you see in the mirror is what matters. If you are just after tracking fat loss, calipers done at the same spot are incredibly consistent and actually measure subQ bodyfat which is what most of us are after losing (maximizing intramuscular bodyfat would be ideal). That being said, I have never measured bodyfat in a contest prep.

Last edited:
I have another Dexa scan scheduled for July 9, the soonest I could get in. The facility sees 20-25 people a day so no quick appointments.

Metabolism seems to be picking up - even after a big Red Lobster cheat meal 2 nights ago I was 239lbs. and pretty dry the morning after. Hovering between ~235lbs. first thing in the morning and ~239lbs. at night. Cutting cardio and increasing calories to keep things moving.

Here's a back shot from Tuesday and front shot from Thursday:

sfc5g6.jpg

vz7nva.jpg

Ripppped!! Well done man.

Am I reading this correctly that you only consume approximately 1300 cal Monday through Friday?

Thanks.

I definitely have one of those physiques that needs a pump and some flexing to come alive.

Thanks.

My weekday macros go from mostly protein with some fats to all lean protein and no direct fats as the diet progresses, so I cut out skirt steak, salmon, etc., when I'm getting to the last few weeks. The last 3 weeks have literally been just chicken breast / 98% beef / 99% turkey / shrimp / etc. with riced veggies at every meal.

Macro-wise I'm an outlier with a very efficient metabolism. On Wednesday I consumed 1,275 calories - 218 grams of protein and 27.9 grams of fat, with the only direct fats being 2 double servings of Omegalyze.

On weekends I'd say I consume 600 - 800 grams carbs over Saturday and Sunday. That's breakfast out somewhere Saturday morning with whatever I want, postworkout meal that's clean potatoes and lean meat, then at night I eat ice cream / cookie dough / whatever snacks I'm craving.

Sunday we cook a healthy breakfast at home, sometimes with carbs and sometimes not. Sunday postworkout is clean potatoes with lean meat again, then Sunday night all the cheat goodies again.

I could probably get leaner and do it more quickly by cutting back on the junk on weekends but I don't compete and knowing I have that to look forward to makes it easy to stay on track all week.

Ripppped!! Well done man.

Am I reading this correctly that you only consume approximately 1300 cal Monday through Friday?

Yes, at the end of my diet my calories were 1,200 - 1,300 per day.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
raulob72
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws