over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What do you guys do for bi's

Tman2002

Registered
For the guys with 20 + arms what does your bicep training look like?
my arms are a little over 18 so I'm trying to figure out what I can do to get that extra inch or so. Triceps are full and biceps are full but lack a good peak.
My bi's are long and full I dont think I'm ever goin to develop much of a peak but there may be something missing from my training.

I've been doin
5 sets of straigt bar curls 15-20 reps
Incline curls I switch up with hammer curls one day then zottmans and the next time i train i'll use do just basic incline curls.
I've also super set these with staight bar somtimes

I'll do those for the main part of my workout then for a stetch I'll do chins or drop sets with a preacher curl machine

OK

I have so many routines in my head I have done but if your looking for some gains try this simple routine.....

I start my biceps with heavy standing barbell curls,always.I used to switch it up but I now know that this is the best way to begin.Your fresh and you can go heavy.I do 3 sets with 135-185lbs on the bar.I use a minimal amount of swinging and make sure to keep all my mental focus on my arms.(some swinging is necessary,I don't care what anyone says,just learn to cheat the right way and make the exercise harder not easier)I squeeze the entire rep range as hard as possible,and lower the weight very slowly.My arms get extremely pumped from this then I move to the preacher machine.

I place a cambered pushdown bar between the individual handles and do 2 sets,sometimes 1 set if I really fry myself.My partner stands by to give me forced reps,which are key on this excercise.1 or 2 per set.Again the movement is very slow,no throwing,extreme concentration and contraction.Very slow on the negative,in fact on the last set of this I try to hold the weight for a minute in the negative down.That slowness is the key.It builds your mind/muscle connection and the pumps are insane.

After I catch my breath I will now do 2 or 3 sets of DB curls standing.At this point my arms are fucking fried so I care less about the weight used and focus more on the burning and pain.My rep range for all exercises is 6-10.

You could sustitute DB hammer curls for the regular DB curls,or alternate week to week.

Key throughout the workout is to stretch between EVERY set.The BIs and the surrounding fascia is very tight and the more you stretch the more you grow,PERIOD.I know a few people on here are against it,but my arms really started to grow when I added the stretches.A routine like this once a week with insane intensity and your arms have to grow.You do not need 20 sets for Bi's.Trust me......

Why are some against stretching? I flex and stretch as much as possible when I train anyhting.

Hey BALDNAZI you could do two things to add more peak. First of all do some one armed dumbell concentration curls for reps of 10 to 12. Arnold swore by them!

I would also incorporate some hammer curls to hit the brachia which pushes the bicep peak up a little as well.

Other than that use the best form possible. I would reccomend 12 sets once a week for bi's and tri's. I weigh 237 at 5'9 and my arms are 21 inches pumped.

Dont neglect your forearms or you'll start looking funny with 21 inch arms! ;)

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear