over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

what happened to the low carb/high protein thread for mass gain

idk about that diet but I ve heard he was advocating loading on fats pre contest instead of carbs....dont know if it s true but sounds pretty stupid, seen pics f him at 280 where he look vascular and all but flat as hell, which GH15 was saying is due to over-dieting....and i ve seen his videos on YouTube where he explains that the muscle cells are only " protein and fats, there is no carbs inside the cell" which led him to the conclusion that you dont need carbs...it s online - him talking to Tony Huge.... which theoretically is right but practically couldn't be more wrong....this mofo was just flat on stage
And what would you know about diet or competing? You never dieted, you never competed. Matter fact you called it gay. One minute you are bashing bodybuilding calling it gay, the next you act like you know soo much? You are a phony. You never even looked remotely lean. You don't know shit about dieting or training, your pics tell the story.

And what would you know about diet or competing? You never dieted, you never competed. Matter fact you called it gay. One minute you are bashing bodybuilding calling it gay, the next you act like you know soo much? You are a phony. You never even looked remotely lean. You don't know shit about dieting or training, your pics tell the story.

Amen brother, don't know what this "chubby bloated fat ass 280" is doing on a bodybuilding board anyway? All he does is post insults to respected members and flame everyone like he's some point of authority on bodybuilding.

Wouldn't know what diet, discipline, and training was if it hit him in his knotted up scar tissue filled ass! Just keeps loading up pins till they overflow, eats junk food and finds a blurry dirty mirror to post fat arm selfies over and over again-same pics too.

Signed
Massive "G-String"

Amen brother, don't know what this "chubby bloated fat ass 280" is doing on a bodybuilding board anyway? All he does is post insults to respected members and flame everyone like he's some point of authority on bodybuilding.

Wouldn't know what diet, discipline, and training was if it hit him in his knotted up scar tissue filled ass! Just keeps loading up pins till they overflow, eats junk food and finds a blurry dirty mirror to post fat arm selfies over and over again-same pics too.

Signed
Massive "G-String"

It's taken will power not to respond to his idiotic claims about the middle east too. I'm from that part of the world and this clown is coming to tell us what they are doing over there lol. Of course there's a conspiracy in his mind because he took 6g of gear and hundreds of mls of synthol to look like a fat slob. Mcdonalds and pizza could have done that without the gear. Fact of the matter is, he has no clue how to train, eat, or take drugs. The proof is in the pudding.

:food-:mil:sport-smi:food-:mil

A bit of technical info that may be of interest. Carbs do not really make you fat per se, most carb-phobics do not know this. What this means in practise, say for a bodybuilder, is a bit more involved but it may get some to thinking.

https://www.facebook.com/MartinNutrition/posts/10100881036934468

Interessting you mention this...
I watched this video last night, it got me thinking..
Check it out if you get the chance..
https://youtu.be/avfQCePFWfk
They mention it somewhere in there also..

Also, you guys need to lower your tren doses, cant we have a civil discussion without bashing each other?
Its more fun i think?

dont respond if u got nothing positive to say you big-headed asshole...the thread is not about cutting firs, second i m not fat at all I post pics all the time, and for somebody being my size and eating the calories I need I like the way I look. you are the one with the lean arms and a thick layer of lard all around ur waist. I might hold tons of water but am not that fat. and yes - I dont feel the need to pose in front of people showing off muscles to appreciate the sport. I started lifting weights 19 years ago and the longest I went without working out was 1 week when i was on vacation...when did you start working out or juicing and become so confident about knowledge....?

Attachments

• 255.jpg
    255.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
Hmm...I didn't notice my Matt Porter off season thread got deleted. I wasn't promoting his services, just pointing out the article, but I guess it makes sense if the mods did it.

It was a good discussion.

The reason why excess carbs is a bad idea is more linked to insulin sensitivity than just net caloric expenditure/gain. JM has tons of stuff on this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

How the hell does a Matt Porter (FutureFreak) thread get deleted,?!! Even if the thread does promote his services... [emoji15][emoji848][emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinda remind me of the Anabolic Diet by Mauro Di Pascale.

He states in his book that this diet is the best for Natural Bodybuilder, where a High Carb, low fat diet is a disaster for Natural bodybuilder.

He said That high carb intake is only good if your on Gear.

Guys in the 1960-1970 were using this type of diet macronutrients, High Protein,High fat, low carb.

Kinda make sense since Fat are like natural steroids where carb is empty.

I know natural bodybuilders that compete on High fat, High Protein, low carb diet againts gear using bodybuilders and their hold their own

Seem like its the best possible way to eat for Having lean body composition while retaining muscle mass.

In precontest you usually have 2 type of diet, High fat, Protein low carb.

Or

High Carb, Protein, low fat.

Keep in mind that Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids are Essential nutrients, most be in the diet at all time, so it kinda make sense that the High Fat diet, like palumbo for example is healthier than low fat diet since when you eat High Fat Protein(Meat,Eggs,fish salmon) They contain Omega 3, Omega 6 Fats.

Last edited:
I like these idiots with their studies. New of last minute, there is a damn study to test all kinds of theories that you want to try.

Personal experience exceeds millions of studies.

I like these idiots with their studies. New of last minute, there is a damn study to test all kinds of theories that you want to try.

Personal experience exceeds millions of studies.

Why is he an idiot? I don't see anything idiotic here, one could argue that some interpretation is incorrect but to say, for example, that de novo lipogenesis doesn't occur to a great extent is hardly idiotic based on the evidence.

I get that a single study doesn't necessarily prove anything, but to discard science altogether is for sure idiotic.

A lot of bodybuilders laugh at "studies" but a lot of times you then see them posting some study that confirms their preconceived ideas. Cherry picking is what it's called. This happens all the time on bodybuilding forums.

In regards to the bold comment on fats above...NOPE again lol

BUT... a lot of us have not done strict testing on ourselves or others to see if the bolded is true or not. Everything would have to be exactly the same except a surplus of either carbs or fat followed by say a DEXA scan to see what's what. Who has done that really? No one really. So I would be careful with anecdotal evidence as well as there are so many confounders and missed variables in real life situations.

Another big issue I see with these diet studies is that they are all very low protein 15% or less. Most of us here shoot for 40%+ protein and I think the protein really makes a huge difference in metabolism and nutrient partitioning.

BUT... a lot of us have not done strict testing on ourselves or others to see if the bolded is true or not. Everything would have to be exactly the same except a surplus of either carbs or fat followed by say a DEXA scan to see what's what. Who has done that really? No one really. So I would be careful with anecdotal evidence as well as there are so many confounders and missed variables in real life situations.

The caveat here is "what kind of dietary fat"

There's always personal agenda's when people push certain types of diets.

So, in essence, I'm not fat, I'm in shape, roughly see my abs, great lipid profile I eat a keto type diet, so then, should I stop?

This is also true and makes a big difference. Hydrogenated Margarine vs Salmon fat- Big difference

and same with carbs

Jolly ranches candies vs sweet potatoes

just hope IIFYM guys don't read this lol

when properly depleted, you can overeat carbs and protein and not store bodyfat. Can't do the same with fats

Also overfeeding on carbs boost leptin, fats do not

I'm not a high fat or high carb guy, carbs should match needed energy requirements and your goals.

There's always personal agenda's when people push certain types of diets.

So, in essence, I'm not fat, I'm in shape, roughly see my abs, great lipid profile I eat a keto type diet, so then, should I stop?

No you should not stop. This is not about whether a higher fat diet can't be great or preferable to someone. It's just that a statement like "overfeeding carbs causes less fat gain than overfeeding the same amount from fats" can still be generally true for everyone. It could be true for yourself even if you do fantastic on a ketogenic diet.

There are a lot of agendas and a lot of shady studies etc but that's not enough of a reason to discard science altogether. You have to get a great overview of all the research before coming to conclusions. I'm no scientist and I'm not very smart but I still feel confident that scientific research is valuable to us. :)

This is also true and makes a big difference. Hydrogenated Margarine vs Salmon fat- Big difference

and same with carbs

Jolly ranches candies vs sweet potatoes

just hope IIFYM guys don't read this lol

Thinking Eating joly ranches candies provide any benefits, they are just fucking dumb.

No nutrition at all in those.

FOOD CHOICE MATTER. In health and in Body composition.

IIFYM guys just use that as an excuse to eat shit that dont provide any nutrition.

Good nutrition= Fruits, Veggetables, Eggs,Beef,Chicken,Fish,nuts.

I firmly believe paleo guys are in the right direction.

And i firmly believe if you eat those in high quantities as part as your main nutrition you will be in better health than someone eating anything.

Last edited:
when properly depleted, you can overeat carbs and protein and not store bodyfat. Can't do the same with fats

Also overfeeding on carbs boost leptin, fats do not

I'm not a high fat or high carb guy, carbs should match needed energy requirements and your goals.

I don't think anyone is saying carbups/cheatmeals with a focus on carbs are not needed. Even hardcore Keto guys carb up

Why is he an idiot? I don't see anything idiotic here, one could argue that some interpretation is incorrect but to say, for example, that de novo lipogenesis doesn't occur to a great extent is hardly idiotic based on the evidence.

I get that a single study doesn't necessarily prove anything, but to discard science altogether is for sure idiotic.

A lot of bodybuilders laugh at "studies" but a lot of times you then see them posting some study that confirms their preconceived ideas. Cherry picking is what it's called. This happens all the time on bodybuilding forums.

For each carbohydrate-friendly study, there are 100 favorable to a ketogenic approach.

On the other hand, I like to look at the history of human nutrition, in the past is where the are answers, and I do not see much consumption of pasta, rice, sugars, for millions of years.

I go to my personal evidence, when I ate tons of pasta and organic oats, my liver showed signs of deterioration. Switch to a high-fat approach for years, and I've never had any more problems.

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311