over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

WHAT SUPPLEMENTS TO BUY TO GAIN WEIGHT?

uptownm

Registered
When I look around I see a hundred different variations of creatine - and a bunch of different proteins.

I'm 33yrs old, 6'2", 190lbs with a very lean build and a fast metabolism - I won't get fat, but I want to gain weight. I haven't bought supplements in several years-kinda quit working out a bit...

Muscle Milk has always been good for me, but in the last couple years - there has HAD to be some better proteins put on the market that are better or cheaper, etc.. right? so many products out there

Creatine - which ones really work and are the best? What products, what brands, etc...?

Building Strength and size? what products are best?

SciFit, USP, CytoSport, MuscleTech, Gaspari, Optimum, BSN, MRI, etc.. ?

argghhh.. suggestions? thanks

When I look around I see a hundred different variations of creatine - and a bunch of different proteins.

I'm 33yrs old, 6'2", 190lbs with a very lean build and a fast metabolism - I won't get fat, but I want to gain weight. I haven't bought supplements in several years-kinda quit working out a bit...

Muscle Milk has always been good for me, but in the last couple years - there has HAD to be some better proteins put on the market that are better or cheaper, etc.. right? so many products out there

Creatine - which ones really work and are the best? What products, what brands, etc...?

Food!

If you want a protein powder type in the boards Search function SynthePURE and read the reviews.

Both Synthetek's and PureSupplementPowders creatine is pure that disolves as soon as it hits the water and no gritty residue and no stomach problems = best quality you can get. Search for reviews on both as well from users.

That's what I recomend from what you said in your post. But it's all useless if you don't eat.

16oz whole milk, 2 TBS peanut butter, 1 bannana, blend in blender. Works well.

Whats your daily diet look like now?

My diet consists of 6 to 7 eggs in morning (2 or 3 are whole eggs, the rest are egg whites). a half cup or so of brown rice

93% lean beef hamburgers
spaghetti
yogurts
chicken breasts
broccoli
spinach
tilapia
fish oil pills, vitamins, etc...

once a week or so, I'll throw in mcdonalds.. ha

over-all i think I eat very healthy, but I don't get enough good fats. I don't take any bodybuilding supplements at all

calories... hmmm. not even sure maybe 2,500 to 3,000? not really sure. I eat 4 to 5 times a day

FOOD FOOD FOOD....Steak, chicken, potatoes, rice, veggies, fish,oatmeal, peanutbutter, ..............

uptownm, youre off to a good start. You need to dial in your diet and figure out exactly how much youre eating per meal. Try 50g pro/ 40g carb/ 20g fat. Get a food scale. Use protein supplements between your solid meals.

What, if any, anabolics or prohormones are you on?

Not being on AAS, I can drop pounds at 3500 calories. I need 4000 to maintain. You probally just need more calories.

calories... hmmm. not even sure maybe 2,500 to 3,000? not really sure. I eat 4 to 5 times a day

That says it all. Most people think they eat a lot more calories than they actually do. Since you're a hard gainer, you need to add at least another 1,000 calories with the proper ratios of p-c-f. You need to break your meals down and find out p-c-f and total calories. I say this because when you were asked to list your diet, you only listed foods that you eat and not the individual meals. Good luck!

You need 6 whole eggs or 8 whites and 2 whole.. Make sure your getting enough protien everytime you eat.. Maybe something like cytogainer after training and before bed.. Another shake when you wake up in the middle of the night to pee.. Don't miss a meal or a workout

Last edited:
ya, I'm not on any AAS. My knees and shoulders are always getting injured.. so I'm afraid to do juice and get stronger and then create more joint issues... but I would like to gain weight.

any thoughts on supplementing my diet with muscle milk? I know it's not exotic or creative, but seems to have good protein and good fat in it.

any supplement thoughts?

as far as my diet, I probably eat a half pound of meat (chicken, beef or fish) with every meal (4 meals a day).

That says it all. Most people think they eat a lot more calories than they actually do. Since you're a hard gainer, you need to add at least another 1,000 calories with the proper ratios of p-c-f. You need to break your meals down and find out p-c-f and total calories. I say this because when you were asked to list your diet, you only listed foods that you eat and not the individual meals. Good luck!

Take a little time to put what you eat for each meal. It only takes about 5 minutes to write it down, this will yeinld better answers for you, trust me.

My diet consists of 6 to 7 eggs in morning (2 or 3 are whole eggs, the rest are egg whites). a half cup or so of brown rice

93% lean beef hamburgers
spaghetti
yogurts
chicken breasts
broccoli
spinach
tilapia
fish oil pills, vitamins, etc...

once a week or so, I'll throw in mcdonalds.. ha

over-all i think I eat very healthy, but I don't get enough good fats. I don't take any bodybuilding supplements at all

Why are you eating whites when your trying to GAIN weight? Eat the whole egg man for all of them man..

ya, I'm not on any AAS. My knees and shoulders are always getting injured.. so I'm afraid to do juice and get stronger and then create more joint issues... but I would like to gain weight.

any thoughts on supplementing my diet with muscle milk? I know it's not exotic or creative, but seems to have good protein and good fat in it.

any supplement thoughts?

as far as my diet, I probably eat a half pound of meat (chicken, beef or fish) with every meal (4 meals a day).

Dude, quit thinking about supplements...you need to eat real whole food...get your diet dialed in FIRST and work your macros and such for for a few months, then start thinking about supplements.

Hell, just save yourself some time and hire Phil Hernon.

What, no mention of the almighty LBAs? Use 8 ounces a day.

Also, be sure to combine your food properly. You'll get much greater absorption and utilization from the macro nutrients you consume with this style of eating. Find a training program that you are satisfied with and never go hungry. Keep the fat intact with the foods you eat. Use HCl and digestive enzymes with every meal.

Supplement with a high quality multi vit/min and fish oil.

BEEF, PROTEIN SHAKES WITH RAW HOLE MILK, SIZE ON CREATINE IN PILL FORM ( NO SUGAR ), LOTS OF WATER. AND MORE BEEF.

It is so very simple! You WILL gain if you do the homemade shake. 16oz whole milk, 2 TBS peanut butter, 1 banana, and blend it and drink. Tastes great, very inexpensive, quality protein, tons of cals from the milk and peanut butter. Drink one or two a day, and eat your normal meals with a normal size protein portion with each meal.

You can't NOT gain by doing this. Don't care about anything else. I've NEVER seen it not work . . . and you don't have to spend tons of money!

If you start to put too much fat on, just switch it to 2% milk, but I doubt that will happen given your story. Just do it for two weeks and you will be happy enough to be hooked on it.

Once you do it for a couple of weeks and start seeing the results, you will be happy. Then you can experiment by added in some oats, or blueberries or other things to mix up the flavor. But the milk and the peanut butter are the two keys to the protein and the cals.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws