over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What the hell is wrong with me.

Fullybuilt

Banned
The exact same thing, the exact same time last year happend to me as well. I posted about a year ago. Some of you may remember the post. I think another member on this board had the same symtoms. Basically I've been sick since Christmas. I caught a cold and never got better. I took antibiotics and they still did nothing. Here is the weird part though. I have no sore throat, no swollen glands, never puke, no fever, I just have one symptom. I have the flu ache's. Just that shitty flulike feeling. Its were you just don't feel right. Now, 400mg advil will take the problem away compelty, but then its back later that night. This same thing happened to me last year, and I got a full blood test done and everything looked good. It took about 3months to go away last year too. Someone told me to take 400mg selenium b/c too much copper can make you feel that way and selenium takes copper out of you, but im not sure if its gonna work. Just started it though. Now, last year it took about 3months to go away, and then I went the whole rest of the year without the slighest cold or anything. What the hell could it be. I've even taken weeks off training and that still doesnt help.

I feel for ya. I also had long bouts with it last year and the year before.
This time it lasted only a week Thank God. My brother just got over a
month long stint himself. WHAT THE HELL IS IT ? I wonder if some strains
are becoming resistant to antibiotics which causes the body to take longer
to rid it's self of the disease. Just a guess.

You can be sick as hell and have normal blood tests..You can have normal blood tests and die of a stroke or heart attack walking out the dr.s office..
Find a natropathic dr. could be adrenal probs, pineal gland, thyroid..some type of immune system malfunction..the right foods and herbs would probly fix ya up..
If you can't find one I know the one I use will work over the internet w/ you..They are in Asbury Park, NJ.. PM me if ya want info...they can send you to a blood draw center anywhere in the US and have the results sent to them and help you that way if you are not able to get to them...The guy is good..he was 1959 Mr. North America and does HRT work too.

When i got a full blood test, i also had a hormone test as well. I know thyroid as checked but not sure about adrenal and I have no idea what the pineal gland is?

A cold is a virus therefore anti-biotics will not help. If you think that it is actually a cold then use Zicam. Stuff works great.

I wouldn't think a cold would last two months. it's got to be something
else. Course I'm not a doc. I'd go get the blood test that way you'll know
exactly what it is and how to prevent it from hitting you again in the future.
Good luck.

The past 3-4days i've been taking selenium, astralagus, olive leaf extract and NOW's IMMUNE(contains beta-glucans and other stuff) and i've actually felt good the past 2days and trained hard again. Im crossing my fingers. Maybe i'ts over. I'll keep yah updated.

Fullybuilt said:
The past 3-4days i've been taking selenium, astralagus, olive leaf extract and NOW's IMMUNE(contains beta-glucans and other stuff) and i've actually felt good the past 2days and trained hard again. Im crossing my fingers. Maybe i'ts over. I'll keep yah updated.

there ya go ,,,see how it works..if it doesnt sort ya out try to find a natropathic Dr. they deal with thyriod, adreanals ect..better than alopathic dr.s..i dont think Alopathic dr's know anything about the adreanal gland except what to do if it doesnt work any more..

Fullybuilt, I have nearly the same exact situation as you - feel run down like the flu but no fever - got better for one week and then right back to it.

Definately getting better. On non workout days I feel fine. On workout days combined with fights with the girlfriend i'll need a few advils towards nightime, but so far i've trained 3days in a row and about to go again today. Im not fully better, but def getting better.

Fullybuilt said:
The exact same thing, the exact same time last year happend to me as well. I posted about a year ago. Some of you may remember the post. I think another member on this board had the same symtoms. Basically I've been sick since Christmas. I caught a cold and never got better. I took antibiotics and they still did nothing. Here is the weird part though. I have no sore throat, no swollen glands, never puke, no fever, I just have one symptom. I have the flu ache's. Just that shitty flulike feeling. Its were you just don't feel right. Now, 400mg advil will take the problem away compelty, but then its back later that night. This same thing happened to me last year, and I got a full blood test done and everything looked good. It took about 3months to go away last year too. Someone told me to take 400mg selenium b/c too much copper can make you feel that way and selenium takes copper out of you, but im not sure if its gonna work. Just started it though. Now, last year it took about 3months to go away, and then I went the whole rest of the year without the slighest cold or anything. What the hell could it be. I've even taken weeks off training and that still doesnt help.

These viruses are becoming stronger than ever. Scary when you think about it.

It's a stretch, but look at Epstein Barr virus/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It's very hard to get a diagnosis but it is real and doesn't show up in blood tests I don't think.

www.geocities.com/cfsdays/cfs-men.htm

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Thats PassBB, I actually thought I had that last year, but too many signs didnt match up. Plus another odd thing is, you would think with me being sick so much I wouldnt get any gains, but in the past year i've gone from about 220 %15 to 240(11-12%)

Fullybuilt said:
Thats PassBB, I actually thought I had that last year, but too many signs didnt match up. Plus another odd thing is, you would think with me being sick so much I wouldnt get any gains, but in the past year i've gone from about 220 %15 to 240(11-12%)

Okay, don't laugh but the next thing I would check is for mold in your home. I'm serious. When there is no obvious physical problem check for environmental. Household mold can make you very sick. I've known people who had to move out of their houses and got better when they did. If you have had roof or basement leakage, water seaping in, I don't know what else but it's some nasty stuff, get it checked.

I would imagine you would still be making gains. Just feeling like crap.

Edit: There can be mold or a shitty air filtering system at your work too. If the vents aren't cleaned enough you end up breathing that stuff. Or dump the girlfriend and the fighting. LOL.

Last edited:
Wow, you are actually extremely smart. My dad(dentist/professor/very smart man) told me about the mold a long time ago. I actually had lots of mold in my last few apartments. I wonder if thats what caused this. The one im at now had none. It was about 2years ago when there was mold present.

PassionateBB said:
Okay, don't laugh but the next thing I would check is for mold in your home. I'm serious. When there is no obvious physical problem check for environmental. Household mold can make you very sick. I've known people who had to move out of their houses and got better when they did. If you have had roof or basement leakage, water seaping in, I don't know what else but it's some nasty stuff, get it checked.

I would imagine you would still be making gains. Just feeling like crap.

Edit: There can be mold or a shitty air filtering system at your work too. If the vents aren't cleaned enough you end up breathing that stuff. Or dump the girlfriend and the fighting. LOL.

all good posts IMO

These are all good posts. One thing that popped into my mind as I myself get it, is seasonal affective disorder. While I don't get the full range of symtoms that some do, I do become much less motivated. Are you getting enough sunlight? I go every other week to a tanning bad set to a low power for 15-30 minutes depending on my schedule. It may be psychosomatic but it seems to charge my batteries during the winter months. Trying to find the answer to your problem is like finding a needle in a haystack but it can be done.

You can google it and read more.

Here's another article which I feel is a pretty good read. I don't remember where I got it but it does have a few references.

Emotions and the Immune System

Have you ever noticed that you usually get colds a few days after a setback or bad experience in your life? A recent experiment reported in the New England Journal of Medicine (Cohen '91) confirmed that this is no mere illusion. The researcher gave psychological stress questionnaires designed to measure helplessness and negative emotions to 394 healthy subjects. He then gave them nose drops containing several types of cold virus. The chances of getting cold symptoms turned out be amazingly predictable from the test scores over an almost two to one range.

A similar experiment (Cohen '97), published in the Journal of the American Medical Association, found that people with poor social connections were four times as likely to come down with cold symptoms after intentional exposure to a cold virus than people with a wide variety of close friends. Major diseases, cancer and even accidents have been similarly linked to emotional reactions.

Emotional reactions are mediated by ancient chemical messengers in your bloodstream called peptides. To date some 88 different peptides have been identified (Pert '97). Many of these, such as endorphins, are directly associated with emotions. Each of your immune cells have receptors for all of these chemical messengers as does your gut and virtually all of your internal organs. They are in two-way communications with your brain but in particular with your limbic system, where 85-95% of the receptors are concentrated. This ancient part of your brain is the seat of your deep emotions and instinctive drives.

Evolution works by culling the weak and preserving the strong. Mating battles in some species allow only the strongest to reproduce. Predators cull the weak in others. Perhaps the weakening of the human immune system by feelings of helplessness is nature’s way of culling the outcasts and the unsuccessful to improve the breed. One massive study in Finland examined the health records of 96,000 widowed people and found that their probability of dying was actually doubled in the week after losing their mate.

Feelings of pleasure and well-being have the opposite effect. They indicate that you are thriving and your immune system responds by working at peak efficiency so that you can survive and reproduce. The feeling of exultation that follows successfully dealing with a challenge actually energizes your immune system. Stress which can be dealt with thus actually helps you to maintain good health.

The opposite of pleasure and well-being is hopelessness. Just as animals separated from the herd often quickly die from disease, humans who feel chronic hopelessness are extremely vulnerable to disease and even cancer. Experiments have shown that your immune system is significantly weakened by helpless reactions to stress yet can actually be strengthened by stress which is dealt with successfully.

This effect can be demonstrated experimentally on rats using an ingenious apparatus to induce the feelings of helplessness. Yes, rats can feel helpless just like we do when they are given an unpleasant stress which they have no power to control. The apparatus used consists of special pairs of cages wired to give the rat in each cage identical random shocks through its feet. One of the rats has control of the shocks because he has a bar in his cage that stops the shocks in both cages when he presses it. The helpless rat receives exactly the same shocks but the bar in his cage does nothing to stop them. When a cancerous tumor is implanted under the rat’s skins, only 27% of the helpless rats can reject it compared to 63% of the rats with control. Rats receiving no shocks at all reject the tumor 54% of the time.

Experiments on humans are necessarily much less direct, but they confirm that evolution has given us the same tendency for our immune response to give up when we experience feelings of helplessness. Helplessness even slows the healing of wounds. In a 1995 Lancet article, Kiecolt-Glaser compared the rate of healing of wounds of long-term caregivers with normal controls. The caregivers were people who had spent years of their lives caring for demented relatives. The feeling of helplessness resulting from their situation showed its effects in significantly slower healing of their (punch biopsy) wounds. After six weeks, 55% of the wounds of the control subjects were healed verses only 17% for the caregivers.

In one Finnish study (Everson '96), 2428 men aged 42 to 60 were tested for helplessness. When health status was checked six years later, the men with high helplessness scores were 3.4 times as likely to have died than those with low scores. When the people with a previous history of cancer, diabetes, respiratory or heart disease were excluded, the results were even stronger. Healthy people with low scores were six times as likely to have died than those with high scores.

Natural Killer Cell Activity
One important part of your body's immune system is the natural killer cells. These amazing fighting units have the ability to recognize and selectively kill both cancer cells and virus-infected cells. Experimenters have actually measured variations in natural killer cell activity based on interactions between stress and attitude. For example, Dr. Steven Locke at Harvard Medical School questioned subjects about stressful events in their life and also about their psychiatric symptoms of distress. He then took blood samples and used them to measure their natural killer cell activity. The subjects were sorted into four equal-sized groups according to the level of their stress and the degree of their symptoms. The median killer cell activities measured for the four groups were as follows:

Group Natural Killer Cell Activity
Good coping (high stress/low symptoms) 22.5
Lucky (low stress/low symptoms) 15.1
Neurotic (low stress/high symptoms) 10.6
Bad coping (high stress/high symptoms) 7.5

The killer cell activity level of the group with high stress and low symptoms was three times higher than those with high stress and high symptoms.( Locke 1984, p. 448) People under stress who know how to deal with it emotionally thus appear to have more immune activity than even unstressed people with poor mental habits

yes I tan at least once a week for 15min

FU%K,............I was doing good for while. Didnt get sick a little over 2 weeks. A few days ago I caught some damn stomach flu and puked 3x. That lead me to getting a sore throat and now I feel like shit. Havent trained in 5days. I've also got an aweful cough. My immune system sucks, even though i've been taking the beta glucans,astralagus and olive leaf extract. Well, im gonna go on zirthromyecin(Zpack) and hopefully that will fix me up. If not, I gotta get an exclusive dr. appointment. Shit, this has F'd up my whole cycle. Been sick since x-mas :(

Fullybuilt said:
FU%K,............I was doing good for while. Didnt get sick a little over 2 weeks. A few days ago I caught some damn stomach flu and puked 3x. That lead me to getting a sore throat and now I feel like shit. Havent trained in 5days. I've also got an aweful cough. My immune system sucks, even though i've been taking the beta glucans,astralagus and olive leaf extract. Well, im gonna go on zirthromyecin(Zpack) and hopefully that will fix me up. If not, I gotta get an exclusive dr. appointment. Shit, this has F'd up my whole cycle. Been sick since x-mas :(

Man. Sorry to hear about that. You definitely need to get the works at the docs. You seem to have some kind of immuno-deficiency thing going on there.

I rememeber after my divorce 10 years ago, the stress had me sick 24/7 so I know the kind of frustration brutha...

Stay the course, see the doc, and get back to kickin' ass.

later,

Doc

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear