over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What to do about lowering cholesterol??

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got my blood work back for my anual phyiscal and the cholesterol and liver value numbers have the Dr. "worried" they are a good bit differant than last years but I was only 2 weeks off cycle when the blood was drawn.
My cycle was Sustanon at 750 a week for first 4 weeks then 500week for following 8 weeks. I started winstrol at 50mg a day on week 8 also and ran it for 4 weeks after the test was finished for a total cycle length of 16 weeks. I drink at least a gallon and a half of water everyday and 8oz or so of cranberry juice a day. My diet has been pretty clean through out the cycle with my fats comming from Omega-3's and nuts , protine is around the 400grams a day mark give or take 50 a day 95% of my carbs are from sweet potatos , brown rice and oat meal and the carbs are limited to 200 grams a day most of which come in the AM, I have 1-2 drinks maybe twice a month with dinner if we go out to eat. Now I take 400-500mg Naproxin sodium a couple times a week for shoulder and elbow pain and might take asprin one a week for head aches.

Here are my numbers from this year and last year , last year I was clean for 8 months prior to the blood work and diet was not as clean.

This year Last year Referance range

HDL cholesterol 26 43 > or = 40mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 155 125 < 130mg/dl
Chol/HDLC ratio 7.7 4.2 < or = 5.0
Creatine 1.6 1.5 .5 - 1.3 mg/dl
AST 72 27
ALT 123 32
Bilirubin , total .5 .6
red blood cell 5.81 4.83
White blood cell 4.8 4.7
Hemoglobin 17.3 14.4
Hematocrit 51.5 43.1

So you can see that things are definatly higher this year over last year , the question I have is what the best way to get the liver values back in check and the cholesterol , I was planning another cycle in October that was gonn use Test Prop , Tren and EQ and Winstrol.

Any of you blood work guru's have any advice??

Policosanol is supposed to be good at lowering cholesterol.

There are 80+ studies showing that it lowers cholesterol. Apparently almost all of the studies were funded by a single research group in Cuba that owns the policosanol patent (link) . There are studies that were done outside of this Cuban group. There's a partial list here under "Studies." Link to PubMed search here.

There was a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2006 disputing the ability of policosanol to lower cholesterol. This study was funded by Madaus, an international phytopharmaceutical company (Link.)

I wish that every study had the funders prominently displayed.

I take it, but I don't have any blood tests done to back up the effects. I remember several people on boards who had and also had the blood work to back it up. I know, I know, take that it for what's it's worth. I'm only mentioning it because that is what got me started taking it when needed. I don't remember the board(s) because I wandered around quite a bit after gotfina disappeared.

lol... if you want to quickly drop your liver values, cholesterol, etc back into healthly levels just juice fast for 5 to 7 days. I did have the tests to back that up. Of course I don't think that would be a proper or popular solution here.

but I was only 2 weeks off cycle when the blood was drawn.

The above statement is probably the bulk of the difference. If you are only 2 weeks off of winstrol, it COULD explain all of the differences in your numbers. Plus, and I looked over your numbers quickly, other than the ALT your numbers aren't alarming given you are only 2 weeks off cycle. If you eat the way you claim I wouldn't be surprised if your values were much better after another 5 weeks or so if you retest.

I still don't understand taking orals outside of precontest. Not a slam to you, bro, just an observation. They will screw up your blood panels much more than damned near anything else and taking an oral over something less destructive to your values just doesn't make sense to me.

Skip

Last edited:
Winny is very hard on lipid profile but it will bounce back very quickly. A good cholesterol supplement is red yeast rice extract/CoQ10 combo.

Policosanol is supposed to be good at lowering cholesterol.

There are 80+ studies showing that it lowers cholesterol. Apparently almost all of the studies were funded by a single research group in Cuba that owns the policosanol patent (link) . There are studies that were done outside of this Cuban group. There's a partial list here under "Studies." Link to PubMed search here.

There was a study in the Journal of the American Medical Association in 2006 disputing the ability of policosanol to lower cholesterol. This study was funded by Madaus, an international phytopharmaceutical company (Link.)

I wish that every study had the funders prominently displayed.

I take it, but I don't have any blood tests done to back up the effects. I remember several people on boards who had and also had the blood work to back it up. I know, I know, take that it for what's it's worth. I'm only mentioning it because that is what got me started taking it when needed. I don't remember the board(s) because I wandered around quite a bit after gotfina disappeared.

lol... if you want to quickly drop your liver values, cholesterol, etc back into healthly levels just juice fast for 5 to 7 days. I did have the tests to back that up. Of course I don't think that would be a proper or popular solution here.

Hey...I was a member of that board!!

I took the oral winstrol because thats what I had (its a long story that I don't care to get into) other wise I generaly never take orals maybe a D-bol for the first 2-3 weeks of a cycle to get it started sooner but thats bout it.

I thought that winstrol had to pass through your liver even if it were injected?

My liver values are my biggest concern right now , I'm gonna take another blood test in 3 weeks to see if has changed any , I'm also gonna try to cut way back on the Naproxin as I've heard that it is way bad on the liver.
The doctor asked about my diet and any supps I was taking and when he found out my protine intake I thought he was gonna shit , apparently the average man only needs 80-100grams of protine a day to grow !!! I know the guys a quack but he read somwhere on the "web" that real body builders only take it a maximum of 150-180 grams of protine a day and the story about them taking 300-500 grams /ED was a myth!! he aslo said that he knew I was not taking any sort of anabolic steroids because I had none of the "signs" and he could spot a "user" a mile away.

so are their any good liver protectors out their that you guys are using with sucess while on cycle?

I got my blood work back for my anual phyiscal and the cholesterol and liver value numbers have the Dr. "worried" they are a good bit differant than last years but I was only 2 weeks off cycle when the blood was drawn.
My cycle was Sustanon at 750 a week for first 4 weeks then 500week for following 8 weeks. I started winstrol at 50mg a day on week 8 also and ran it for 4 weeks after the test was finished for a total cycle length of 16 weeks. I drink at least a gallon and a half of water everyday and 8oz or so of cranberry juice a day. My diet has been pretty clean through out the cycle with my fats comming from Omega-3's and nuts , protine is around the 400grams a day mark give or take 50 a day 95% of my carbs are from sweet potatos , brown rice and oat meal and the carbs are limited to 200 grams a day most of which come in the AM, I have 1-2 drinks maybe twice a month with dinner if we go out to eat. Now I take 400-500mg Naproxin sodium a couple times a week for shoulder and elbow pain and might take asprin one a week for head aches.

Here are my numbers from this year and last year , last year I was clean for 8 months prior to the blood work and diet was not as clean.

This year Last year Referance range

HDL cholesterol 26 43 > or = 40mg/dl
LDL cholesterol 155 125 < 130mg/dl
Chol/HDLC ratio 7.7 4.2 < or = 5.0
Creatine 1.6 1.5 .5 - 1.3 mg/dl
AST 72 27
ALT 123 32
Bilirubin , total .5 .6
red blood cell 5.81 4.83
White blood cell 4.8 4.7
Hemoglobin 17.3 14.4
Hematocrit 51.5 43.1

So you can see that things are definatly higher this year over last year , the question I have is what the best way to get the liver values back in check and the cholesterol , I was planning another cycle in October that was gonn use Test Prop , Tren and EQ and Winstrol.

Any of you blood work guru's have any advice??

try eating oatmeal or cheerios once/twice day..it really helps drop points.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131