advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best prescribed sleeping aid for bodybuilders from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trazadone. It's a prescription, but it's non-addictive and dirt cheap with minimal side effects (it's considered quite safe)
I was on 0.5mg of zanax for a while but my doctor switched meto Trazadone. Works fkn great! Had to increase it to 100mgs. I sleep like a baby. If not I can never sleep more than 4 hours no matter how tired I am. That and I never have full deep sleeps. Im still aware of everything around me. I vote for Trazadone.

Ketamine is a party drug do not use K to fall asleep. Dangerous practice plus your sedated not asleep so the benefits of sleep are not pronounced when you’re just doped up.

I've used it 2 or 3 times for the party, it's crazy, you just think you're dead or you're going to die. I do not understand how its use in clubs became popular, it is a drug to take in controlled and relaxing environments.

It is used as an anesthetic, not to sleep.

Ambien is my all time favorite when I’m wired and cannot sleep. Hits your fast (20-30m) and you’re out like a light.

It also has a relatively short half life (maybe 3-5 hours?) so no grogginess in the AM.

At the end of the day, it’s still a benzo (albeit, new generation), so long term chronic use is not wise.

I got a Rx 2 years ago for 30 x 10mg tablets. At the time, my life was a trainwreck and I couldn’t sleep due to the stress and anxiety of what was going on.

I split the tabs using 5mg and still have some left over. I save it for emergencies. Lol.

Valerian Root and Kava are my daily go to’s and they work great.

I add a small dose of Benedryl a few times per week as well. Augments these nicely when needed.

Conversely, Melatonin has a paradoxical effect on me. Makes me wired. Hate the stuff.

Ambien is my all time favorite when I’m wired and cannot sleep. Hits your fast (20-30m) and you’re out like a light.

It also has a relatively short half life (maybe 3-5 hours?) so no grogginess in the AM.

At the end of the day, it’s still a benzo (albeit, new generation), so long term chronic use is not wise.

I got a Rx 2 years ago for 30 x 10mg tablets. At the time, my life was a trainwreck and I couldn’t sleep due to the stress and anxiety of what was going on.

I split the tabs using 5mg and still have some left over. I save it for emergencies. Lol.

Valerian Root and Kava are my daily go to’s and they work great.

I add a small dose of Benedryl a few times per week as well. Augments these nicely when needed.

Conversely, Melatonin has a paradoxical effect on me. Makes me wired. Hate the stuff.
yeah.. at even 1mg, melatonin used to knock me out.
now i can down 30mg and be up.. if i do manage to fall asleep i'm up in like 4hours.. its a given.

I've used it 2 or 3 times for the party, it's crazy, you just think you're dead or you're going to die. I do not understand how its use in clubs became popular, it is a drug to take in controlled and relaxing environments.

It is used as an anesthetic, not to sleep.
It has also been used as a date rape drug.

Careful with Remeron, it is hard on your liver. It also stopped working for me after a while.

You guys do know trazodone is also a depression med right?

Ambien will knock you out but if you wake up you can't fall back asleep

My doctor prescribed me doxepin 25mg she said with that one if you wake up you can go right back to sleep. And she was 100% right.it is great.she said she has patients taking up to 200mg a day..works really good. It knock me out way more than 2mg if xanax. But that one is also used as a depression med,anxiety and for sleep just like trazodone

I dont have a problem with sleeping, but I do have a problem with sleeping for long - maybe 2-3 hours at the time. and Zolpidem does it for me (I rarely use it) but once I sleep, that shit keeps me down for 6+ hours, when i feel Im close to waking up its like a hammer hits me right back down.

Careful with Remeron, it is hard on your liver. It also stopped working for me after a while.

I didn't like Remeron at all, it didn't even help with sleep and when I did sleep, I would wake up feeling hungover. Trazodone worked a bit better, but I still didn't like how I felt the first part of the day, couldn't think clearly.

nothing script for me now, Benadryl, melatonin and cannabis...and sometimes that's still not enough. I probably average 4 hours a night, six if I'm lucky

.2 or . 3 grams (200-300 mg) phenibut. And not any more than that.

It's absolutely amazing to see what substances do to you when you're wearing a hrv tracker like the whoop. I can see when I wake up in the morning how everything has effected me. Phenibut improves my sleep quality every single time.

I already know what some people's reaction to phenibut will be. "Only take it 2 times a week!" Or "you have to be very careful, you'll get addicted!"

As long as you take small amounts as I stated and take breaks every so often, you'll be fine. I've been down the road of dependency and addiction many times, and I've had literally zero issues going this route with phenibut.

Agreed. After 20 years, it's borderline useless for me now.
I've taken 20 mg and still nothing.

25mg seroquel does the trick for me
my partner is on seroquel/Quetiapine, she started at 25mg and is now on 300mg a night. Raised resting hearts rate all day, especially in the hours after taking. Trouble with binge eating junk before bed or she get leg twitching. she is trying to get off it for the second time this year, as it is horrible drug. I have taken 150mg a few times, as I suffer from insomnia from extreme pain and it does nothing for me.

Yes Remeron. Used it for years, never had any liver problems, nor was it ever mentioned. But we all are different.

I have found Ambien to often leave me with a bit of a hangover the next morning. A small amount of liquid Benadryl I can handle and be decent the next morning but for some reason when I used the pills at the recommended dose I would feel like shit for the whole day. Also, Gabapentin, forget it. Totally assed out the next day and not just physically dragging, mentally too.

For non pharma, I have had great success with 200 mg of theanine, 1g of magnesium and 800mg of gaba. Sometimes I'll throw in a benadryl on occasion. That stack seems to knock me out. Oddly enough, melatonin keeps me up. Not sure why

What i'm trying:

- Taking less DNP but run longer weeks.

- Reducing caffeine and other stimulants. Powdered caffeine seems to be less potent, so I'll have 80-100mg when I wake up, and then maybe a quarter of a 200mg caffeine pill 3 or 4 hours later. Some days I'll take a 45 minute nap.

- Avoid exercises or high weights that cause pain in my shoulder and prevent me from sleeping well.

- Special attention to digestion and bowel movements during the day so that they do not occur at night. So, I must pay attention to what foods I have in my diet in the last meals, the changes are not well received.

- Melatonin, I don't know if it's effective or placebo effect, I don't care.

- I will have magnesium based on a little intuition and if I feel that my poop does not flow well.

I am in bed for 7 hours, but the sleep will be from 4 to 6. Even if everything is perfect, after a couple of days sleeping within that normal 7-8 hours, my body will reduce the hours of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear