mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's the best prescribed sleeping aid for bodybuilders from your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This!!

i have been using benzos to a high degree for probably 10 years started off valium every now and again to 50mg plus of valium during the day, then various other benzos to sleep. I have been on just xanax(prescribed) now for 4 years i was taking 2mg every night for sleep. about 6 months ago i went i am done with this but as you know cant come of cold turkey. i have just gotten down to .5mg this week and even that is a nightmare. Been smashing my THC vape and getting some sleep. Any tips for coming off that final .5mg in a month or so? You seem very well versed and would be great to hear your opinion
Getting down to 0.5mg is a great accomplishment. If you want go the distance and get off it altogether, I would recommend you see a therapist who can teach you ways of handling stress again naturally through some meditative and mental techniques. Remember, you're retraining your brain to deal with anxiety, insomnia, panic naturally like you did before the prescription. It may take some time.

Don't be afraid to go down to 0.25mg, even 0.125mg, after some time at 0.5mg. If you need one, most pharmacies sell tab splitters (just a couple bucks) for halving those smaller parts.

Getting down to 0.5mg is a great accomplishment. If you want go the distance and get off it altogether, I would recommend you see a therapist who can teach you ways of handling stress again naturally through some meditative and mental techniques. Remember, you're retraining your brain to deal with anxiety, insomnia, panic naturally like you did before the prescription. It may take some time.

Don't be afraid to go down to 0.25mg, even 0.125mg, after some time at 0.5mg. If you need one, most pharmacies sell tab splitters (just a couple bucks) for halving those smaller parts.
Thank you, will consult my shrink and see what she says as well. I know she isnt in favour of my vape which honestly helps me more than the xanax now. Will take your advice and scale down even more than planned. 100% would love to get off it all together. Thank you again!

Honestly trazodone has worked great for me. 25mg
trazdone is terrible in my experience i was on it for a few years, seroquel rules. trazodone makes me feel drugged out, foggy , vertigo after taking it and even for an hour or two in AM once waking. flexeril did nothing for my sleep. a lot of these rob you of your REM restoration stage of sleep

trazdone is terrible in my experience i was on it for a few years, seroquel rules. trazodone makes me feel drugged out, foggy , vertigo after taking it and even for an hour or two in AM once waking. flexeril did nothing for my sleep. a lot of these rob you of your REM restoration stage of sleep
I took for a couple months. I had pretty much the same experience as you. I was groggy until like early afternoons.

I take 50mg Seroquel about 30min prior to bed..... knocks me out.

Iv never slept more than 2-3 hours at a time since I was a young kid. Iv been in everything to help me sleep. No luck with any of it. Until a dr just recently 3 weeks ago put me on 2mg risperadone and 10 mg propranolol before bed. Now I’m sleeping 6,7/8 hours a night waking up feeling pretty fucking amazing. Appetite is through the roof and I honestly think the last two wks of my training have seen better size gains than Iv ever experienced. Sleep all these years Iv been missing out on a real game changer. Waking up starving hungry muscles popping right outta bed. I’m really enjoying this sleep stuff a lot. Feel like Iv been cheated my whole life. Thought I had sleep apnea causing me to wake up all night. I was wrong I just needed to slow my heart rate a lil bit and shut my mind off for a bit. No side effects yet will let ya know if this shit fucks my head up. It’s not an ant depressant so we will see.

This isn’t an RX sleep aid but Apigenin is natural and amazing for sleep. It doesn’t help me fall asleep but helps me get well rested deep/rem sleep once I am asleep. It’s also amazing for longevity and health.

Iv never slept more than 2-3 hours at a time since I was a young kid. Iv been in everything to help me sleep. No luck with any of it. Until a dr just recently 3 weeks ago put me on 2mg risperadone and 10 mg propranolol before bed. Now I’m sleeping 6,7/8 hours a night waking up feeling pretty fucking amazing. Appetite is through the roof and I honestly think the last two wks of my training have seen better size gains than Iv ever experienced. Sleep all these years Iv been missing out on a real game changer. Waking up starving hungry muscles popping right outta bed. I’m really enjoying this sleep stuff a lot. Feel like Iv been cheated my whole life. Thought I had sleep apnea causing me to wake up all night. I was wrong I just needed to slow my heart rate a lil bit and shut my mind off for a bit. No side effects yet will let ya know if this shit fucks my head up. It’s not an ant depressant so we will see.
I've heard of others using risperadone to sleep but have never looked into it. How long before bed do you take it? You don't have grogginess in the morning?

I've heard of others using risperadone to sleep but have never looked into it. How long before bed do you take it? You don't have grogginess in the morning?
30-40 min. Nope no grogginess. I’m bi polar too so this is the first actual hi polar drug if taken. Chilled me right the fuck down

30-40 min. Nope no grogginess. I’m bi polar too so this is the first actual hi polar drug if taken. Chilled me right the fuck down

Nice. So, even if one is not bipolar, the drug could be taken for sleeping purposes?

I recently tried Belsomra, and it definitely made a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member