over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whats up with Colemans quads...

To me it looks like a quad muscle tear. If he had surgery on that quad tendon, you would see a nice long vertical scar over the kneecap up into the quad. Unless MD retouched the photo, its just not there. I think he's a bag of muscle tears and injuries.

I agree with JT, you keep pushing your body to that degree and it happens.

It is a shame...as seeing the destruction of one the good guys and a great champion.

Pride can be an addictive poison causing one to be deaf to the words of wisdom and clarity. One wonders what will it take just to enjoy life...and move on....

His left leg has been like that for years ..if you look at photos you can see it has been torn even at his height of his career...
it looked diff than the right. The diff is he had a major back injury and has not been able to squat those monster weights like before.
Plus he is not hitting the juice/diet or other goodies as hard...cause he hasn't been competing.

His left leg has been like that for years ..if you look at photos you can see it has been torn even at his height of his career...
it looked diff than the right. The diff is he had a major back injury and has not been able to squat those monster weights like before.
Plus he is not hitting the juice/diet or other goodies as hard...cause he hasn't been competing.

Its kind of amazing to see what someone with genetics like Ronnie looks like when they are not hitting the juice much at all, they start to look soft and smooth but still big, just not the freaky look.

"This isn't bodyBUILDING at this point, it's bodyDESTRUCTION."

SWEET JETHRO TULL!!!! That is a quotable!! Putting that in my sig. Sad, but true.

Its kind of amazing to see what someone with genetics like Ronnie looks like when they are not hitting the juice much at all, they start to look soft and smooth but still big, just not the freaky look.
You can't be serious. Ron could stop the juice, never touch the gear again, never eat more than 2 meals a day, and he would still have the freaky look

You can't be serious. Ron could stop the juice, never touch the gear again, never eat more than 2 meals a day, and he would still have the freaky look

This is the freaky look...

Attachments

• Ronnie.jpg
    Ronnie.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 256
Well, I see that quad tear even in that picture.

This is the freaky look...

So whoever said that's not something new in a post above was correct.

That IS an old injury.

Guys this is nothing new....

IN 1998 he had his full quads

Attachments

• body_builder_10sfw.JPG
    body_builder_10sfw.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 289
Somewhere between 1998 and 2003 he tore his vastus lateralis

(pics below)

but it didnt effect his quad volume much still

Attachments

• ronniemm1.jpg
    ronniemm1.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 318
  • ron3.JPG
    ron3.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 375
  • ronnie1.JPG
    ronnie1.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 351
Last edited:
IN 2007 he tore his vastus medialis (teardrop)

pic one is previous

pic two is after he tore it

Attachments

• piconeronnie.JPG
    piconeronnie.JPG
    5 KB · Views: 281
  • pictworonnie.JPG
    pictworonnie.JPG
    7.1 KB · Views: 331
I can see what your saying ...Stroke always happens to the left side of the body, right ?

chris

I dont think that is true...I take care of my grandmother who had a major stroke 6 months ago that hit only her right side....her left is normal.
But I am just going from what I have seen.

Ive seen this happen before with bodybuilders, it usually is a result of an injury doing very heavy leg extensions...it happened to Gunther Schlierkamp

look at his teardrops before and after....

Attachments

• schlierkamp.jpg
    schlierkamp.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 384
  • gunter8-copy2.JPG
    gunter8-copy2.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 318
Also, he tore these bodyparts while staying with 12 to 15 rep sets so evidently higher reps don't protect against injury. I remember people were saying that Dorain tore his muscles because of the low rep sets he was doing (6 to 8).

IN 2007 he tore his vastus medialis (teardrop)

pic one is previous

pic two is after he tore it

Dante,

Can you see anyway at all that Coleman come back and actully place in the top 10 at the mr.o ?

chris

Now that i look at it .... it looks like he tore the top insertion point of his teardrop between june 7th (last guest posing) and yesterday

june 7th

yesterday

Attachments

• _W5Q3183_SHAZPZIWML.jpg
    _W5Q3183_SHAZPZIWML.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_4443_MVLRAPQABY.jpg
    DSC_4443_MVLRAPQABY.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 322
Dante,

Can you see anyway at all that Coleman come back and actully place in the top 10 at the mr.o ?

chris

Never....its over, time to retire...... a legend.......

Last edited:
Why are all these muscles tearing on him...the tricep, the lat, teardrops ???

Training to heavy, age, body just giving out ???

My opinion?

1) Ballistic training form (he has always trained ballistically) but i am not going to fault a guy whose same training (brutally heavy) even though in ballistic form, created a physique that had so much more muscle mass than everyone else...

2) again ballistic training form of certain movements....supposedly he tore the lat on t-bar rows, the tricep looks like serious nerve damage to me as the bicep on that side was getting smaller too....someone said that his x-rays showed serious spinal damage of his C' disks on a website somewhere, everyone has seen those squats with both 600 (front squat) and 800 (rear squats)....not entirely condusive to longevity there in preventing muscle tears.

3) getting off testosterone for parts of the year......seemed to be that Ronnie liked to get off gear somewhere late in the year into early the next year and then build himself back up again....he was always much smaller and smoother in past years in december jan feb and then would load up....seemed like after retirement he went thru a stage where he got rather small enjoying his wedding and taking time off (those pictures floating around with the white t-shirt) and no doubt is definitely back on now and of the last few guest posings.....I have a theoretical opinion on all this as if you look at retired and older bodybuilders....I have seen detrimental things happen both healthwise and tear wise when they get off and on.....on one hand i think one of the absolutely worst things a person can do cardiovascular wise and health wise is let their hormonal levels (especially bodybuilders who dip below even subpar levels with their super supplement past usage) diminish greatly between 40-60 years of age (im talking HRT dosage and 500-1000 ng/ml bloodwise here guys not supra-dosages of competing bodybuilders).....on the other hand i also believe in doing the above that hematocrit and blood pressure and red blood cell buildup has to be kept in check (and i dont mean once a year) i mean every 2-3 months.......longtime testosterone users seem to tear muscles and tendons (****ESPECIALLY when they get off and on)

Last edited:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members