over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

whats you favorite lower lat exercise

Deadlifts of course, and Yates' Rows. Read somewhere that he called them "murderers rows." Don't know how true it is, but sounds pretty badass nonetheless...

The "lower lat" is not a muscle therefore you can't develop the "lower lat" any more than you can develop the "lower bicep" or "the lower tricep." If you don't believe me ask Orville Burke or study some physiology. You could also ask Dennis James who I've seen spend countless hours with Charles Glass over the years doing all sorts of strange exercises in an attempt to target the lower lats. Yet no improvement. That's because the lats insert where they insert and there is not shit you can do about it other than develop the lats as much as possible and hope it creates an illusion of lower lat insertions. No one on this board has Orville Burke genetics and if he couldn't develop "lower lats" then I can assure you that you are kidding yourself if you think you will be able to achieve the physiologically impossible.

Rex.

Rack pulls? Is that what you ment or are u talking about pull ups with feet on bench with weight on lap pull ups

Yes^ with the weight in the lap. Love those!

Im supprised at the lack of deadlifts!!!

When i do realy heavy deads my whole back seems to feel it the next day but ive always done them from the ground and was thinking about swapping to doing racked deads and focusing on the lockout to take some strain off the butt and legs

I saw a video of Shelby doing some realy wide grip deads and it almost seemed as if their was a shrug at the top , gonna have to look that up

I agree its weird not seeing to many people mentioning deadlifts, hell not one single person has mentioned a regular deadlift LOL! I feel like its a rule to do either a deadlift or rack pull for a back workout , almost like some sort of unofficial bodybuilding rule lol.

I use to deadlift but then I didn't feel the bottom part was to beneficial in terms of back development so I now only use HEAVY rack pulls , usually 3 sets of 3-6 reps, and damn I definitely notice the improvement it made on my whole back and even traps. Today I didn't have acess to my lifting straps so I wasn't able to do them since my grip gives out way before my back does and it doesn't feel right to do them without straps for me, so I skipped out on them and ended up doing more machine rows and I just dont feel as "taxed" or "worn out" I tried to make up for it and add more volume but still it just doesn't feel the same my cns seemed to like the break, but my stubborn mindthought didn't like it one bit it kept bugging me thoughout my workout.

been loving bent db rows and weighted pullups, making changes to my back like crazy.

Other favorites are meadow rows, deadstop rows, rack chins and varatiotion on that betito chins, and Pulley row high pulls.

But on any back thickness exercise if you want to take it to the next level 1.5 reps equals one, great stuff

I agree its weird not seeing to many people mentioning deadlifts, hell not one single person has mentioned a regular deadlift LOL! I feel like its a rule to do either a deadlift or rack pull for a back workout , almost like some sort of unofficial bodybuilding rule lol.

I use to deadlift but then I didn't feel the bottom part was to beneficial in terms of back development so I now only use HEAVY rack pulls , usually 3 sets of 3-6 reps, and damn I definitely notice the improvement it made on my whole back and even traps. Today I didn't have acess to my lifting straps so I wasn't able to do them since my grip gives out way before my back does and it doesn't feel right to do them without straps for me, so I skipped out on them and ended up doing more machine rows and I just dont feel as "taxed" or "worn out" I tried to make up for it and add more volume but still it just doesn't feel the same my cns seemed to like the break, but my stubborn mindthought didn't like it one bit it kept bugging me thoughout my workout.

I do heavy stiff legs the way Phil describes but I might get into some trap machine deads or rack deads 1once a week but then I'd need another ham exercise ? Maybe high wide any sug

The "lower lat" is not a muscle therefore you can't develop the "lower lat" any more than you can develop the "lower bicep" or "the lower tricep." If you don't believe me ask Orville Burke or study some physiology. You could also ask Dennis James who I've seen spend countless hours with Charles Glass over the years doing all sorts of strange exercises in an attempt to target the lower lats. Yet no improvement. That's because the lats insert where they insert and there is not shit you can do about it other than develop the lats as much as possible and hope it creates an illusion of lower lat insertions. No one on this board has Orville Burke genetics and if he couldn't develop "lower lats" then I can assure you that you are kidding yourself if you think you will be able to achieve the physiologically impossible.

Rex.

I'm surprised that this was the only quote mentioning this.

I've gotta run though. Time to work my inner, upper chest and peak my biceps...

Rex.

While this is very true, some people do not do the proper exercises to fully engage the lat and thus not get optimal growth. If your lats as a whole improve, your lower lats will improve also, at least up until where they insert.

Many many many people train lats all wrong with wide, palms out grip and don't get enough stretch to fire the whole muscle. So they basically end up working upper back/traps/rhomboids instead of lats.

While this is very true, some people do not do the proper exercises to fully engage the lat and thus not get optimal growth. If your lats as a whole improve, your lower lats will improve also, at least up until where they insert.

Many many many people train lats all wrong with wide, palms out grip and don't get enough stretch to fire the whole muscle. So they basically end up working upper back/traps/rhomboids instead of lats.

So you stretch your arm full out at the bottem or do you keep tension on the lats ( 80 percent range of motion)?

meadows rows + deadstop dumbell rows + and the "charles glass close grip pulldown"

:)

So you stretch your arm full out at the bottem or do you keep tension on the lats ( 80 percent range of motion)?

No keep your bicep flexed a little and use the shoulder joint to stretch the lat at the bottom.

I do heavy stiff legs the way Phil describes but I might get into some trap machine deads or rack deads 1once a week but then I'd need another ham exercise ? Maybe high wide any sug

Idk honestly the only ham work iv ever done directly is just lying leg curls, I usually do abotu 5 sets of 10 reps or 3 sets of 8 reps. It just doesn't seem like they need much work with heavy squats, or leg press / hack squats. Thats all iv had to do for mine anyways, im a big fan of rack lifts though thats for sure once I saw the progress me and my partner got from adding them theres no doubt about it that they will always be a staple in my back routine , either them or deadlifts but like I mentioned the lower part of a deadlift doesn't incorporate much for my back and hinders me from letting my back do all the work.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws