advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What's your favorite Hamstring exercise?

Lots of good ways to cook your hammies as listed by everyone! I can definitely add one to this mix. It's a pretty rare find but some gyms have a line (or couple pieces) of Strive selectorized or plate-load equipment. I happen to REALLY like several of the pieces in both of these lines. If you're not familiar with this equipment, basically the selectorized line features an adjustable variable resistance cam so you can make the movement emphasize the middle, start, or end of each exercise/movement.

In the prone hamstring curl, adjusting the cam so it emphasizes the middle and end of the curl movement really cooks the hamstrings! And up high too where the hams meet the glutes. The seated leg extension is nasty too. Superset these 2 for high reps or to failure and your legs don't work properly for several minutes! J-E-L-L-O

Adding 100lbs to my SLDL / RDL brought up my hamstrings more than anything else ever did.

Although my fav actual exercise for hamstrings is a hammer strength standing leg curl. You don't see that machine much but there was one in my old gym and it was great.

love the standing ...i never had one in LA fit gyms so this what i been doing for like 2 years- put a stepper under the seated quad extension.... put the setting adjustment so the pad is at the lowest and all the way back.... stand and face machine, and put your knee on the front edge of the seat as a stabilizer... it curls perfect for 1 leg standing ... i can take a pic at gym today if anyone wants to see how to set it up..

not so much a fav exercise but i think doing hams before quads helps

Last edited:
love the standing ...i never had one in LA fit gyms so this what i been doing for like 2 years- put a stepper under the seated quad extension.... put the setting adjustment so the pad is at the lowest and all the way back.... stand and face machine, and put your knee on the front edge of the seat as a stabilizer... it curls perfect for 1 leg standing ... i can take a pic at gym today if anyone wants to see how to set it up..

I literally read the first few words you wrote before you mentioned it and realized I never mentioned that. I have posted about it quite a few times in my logs. That's what I used to do in my old gym with the leg extension machine and they feel great. Although the hammer strength one I used was perfect. I still haven't done lying db leg curls that I see in vids all the time but will try them out too. My gym now is very basic so I modify quite a few machines. I do seated calf raises on the lying leg curl machine too. I use a Reebok stepper for that and seat on the back of the machine using the pads for my knees to lift up.

I literally read the first few words you wrote before you mentioned it and realized I never mentioned that. I have posted about it quite a few times in my logs. That's what I used to do in my old gym with the leg extension machine and they feel great. Although the hammer strength one I used was perfect. I still haven't done lying db leg curls that I see in vids all the time but will try them out too. My gym now is very basic so I modify quite a few machines. I do seated calf raises on the lying leg curl machine too. I use a Reebok stepper for that and seat on the back of the machine using the pads for my knees to lift up.

yes, we have the HS machines

... i never tried the laying db ones.... but i do a lot of the hanging db curls where someone holds your knees stabilized and u do from a pull up bar... probably the 2nd hardest hamstring exercise I've ever done behind a TRUE ghr...

i do like very wide and high leg pressing/smith machine squats (low back can't do reg squats but they would be top of list) with a very slow negative and only coming up half way before back to slow neg ... will fry out the abductors as well

Snatch Grip's RDL's. Added bonus upper back work. Reverse Ankle drags using my rogue sled really hits my hammies well. Unilateral hip thrusts as well. I train in my garage. Limited but basic lifts. Gets the job done.

Last edited:
Reverse Hyper.. it’s a little awkward when you try it for the first time but it works magic

Lots of good ways to cook your hammies as listed by everyone! I can definitely add one to this mix. It's a pretty rare find but some gyms have a line (or couple pieces) of Strive selectorized or plate-load equipment. I happen to REALLY like several of the pieces in both of these lines. If you're not familiar with this equipment, basically the selectorized line features an adjustable variable resistance cam so you can make the movement emphasize the middle, start, or end of each exercise/movement.

In the prone hamstring curl, adjusting the cam so it emphasizes the middle and end of the curl movement really cooks the hamstrings! And up high too where the hams meet the glutes. The seated leg extension is nasty too. Superset these 2 for high reps or to failure and your legs don't work properly for several minutes! J-E-L-L-O

Adding a band to a lying hamstring curl machine accomplishes the same thing. Nasty cramping feeling!

Please post a gym pic

Please post a gym pic

Im 5'10" and it is perfect height on my ankle/bottom calf... w the stepper... if person is short, ill add a 25 plate or 2 on top the step, i they are tall maybe they can do from floor or just on a plate on ground so the pad isnt at a weird position rolling all the way upto the knee or on your heel if tall

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1511217895858.jpg
    FB_IMG_1511217895858.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Thanks for the pic. Gonna try this as my gym doesn't have a lying or standing curl

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131