advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

When does enhanced protein synthesis occur?

jimmyjones

Banned
Kilo Klub Member
As the title states, when exactly does the extra protein synthesis from exo test begin to happen? After your first injection or at around week 3 or 4 when the test "kicks in" ?

I ask this because if one were to start a cycle and a diet to go along with that cycle, if the extra protein synthesis didnt occur until week 3 or 4 then the extra protein Id be eating from weeks 1-3 would be in my opinion, wasteful.

Can anyone chime in here?:)

There is no data or studies that I've seen that suggest your body can only a certain amount of protein at a sitting. I see myths like 30-40grams evey 2-3 hrs posted all over these boards. To me if your bulking and wanting to gain weight, you eat all you can at each feeding. I don't worry about how much protein my body is able to use, I feed it with protein it uses what its going to use for muscle growth and the rest can be used for energy. If bulking just stick with a minimum of 1.5g per lb of body weight per day.
i'm sure more experiened bros will chime in soon.
Ron

As the title states, when exactly does the extra protein synthesis from exo test begin to happen? After your first injection or at around week 3 or 4 when the test "kicks in" ?

I ask this because if one were to start a cycle and a diet to go along with that cycle, if the extra protein synthesis didnt occur until week 3 or 4 then the extra protein Id be eating from weeks 1-3 would be in my opinion, wasteful.

The effect will depend on blood levels which steadily rise for approx. 3 half-lives. In the case of test e or test c it will take 3 - 4 weeks for the maximum effect. So week 1 should have a 25% effect, week 2 a 50% effect and so on.

The effect will depend on blood levels which steadily rise for approx. 3 half-lives. In the case of test e or test c it will take 3 - 4 weeks for the maximum effect. So week 1 should have a 25% effect, week 2 a 50% effect and so on.

Hmmm, sounds like that makes sense, thanks ;)

There is no data or studies that I've seen that suggest your body can only a certain amount of protein at a sitting. I see myths like 30-40grams evey 2-3 hrs posted all over these boards. To me if your bulking and wanting to gain weight, you eat all you can at each feeding. I don't worry about how much protein my body is able to use, I feed it with protein it uses what its going to use for muscle growth and the rest can be used for energy. If bulking just stick with a minimum of 1.5g per lb of body weight per day.
i'm sure more experiened bros will chime in soon.
Ron

someone posted this recently, its a good read about protein

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42354

The protein source plays a huge role in determining the amount of protein your going to need in your diet. I don't count anyone of my carb sources' proteins in my daily total. Im certain you can assimulate more protein being on gear, but I wouldn't limit my protein to x amount of protein being off. You must take in to consideration the size of the test subjects they used. There is other variables as well, metablism, activity, training intensity, etc.
Ron

Another angle to look at this topic is the fact that many many of us eat 1.5-2g/lb of bodyweight whether we are ON or OFF! timing and weight training alone signal growth and repair.... dont over think it, but yeah when ON you can increase cals somewhat... eat for growth in a manner(ratios) that suits your body all the time, not just when you on test...

I can't remember where I read it but we grossly underestimate the amount of protein we consume while in an enhanced state. We are capable of handling larger than nomal amounts of proteins while ON. But as posted earlier there is no real rulew as to how much. So just eat what you feel you need. If you are not growing a little and recovering from your workouts then I would say tyou need more. It is easy to say 300, 500, 1000 grams per day. But how much is too much and how little is too little. Without being ridiculous!

I can't remember where I read it but we grossly underestimate the amount of protein we consume while in an enhanced state. We are capable of handling larger than nomal amounts of proteins while ON. But as posted earlier there is no real rulew as to how much. So just eat what you feel you need. If you are not growing a little and recovering from your workouts then I would say tyou need more. It is easy to say 300, 500, 1000 grams per day. But how much is too much and how little is too little. Without being ridiculous!

THis is such a valid point!!! i know monsters (over 120kg) eating like 250-300g protein for years and then also i have a friend in australia eating 550-650g a day at 113kg and he swears if he drops it he doesnt grow???

Me? personally after competing last sept i had 3months off and find im growing back previously held muscle on 4 meals a day and barely 200g protein and im back to 105kg on hrt...

however im not working yet and relaxing at beach and training and resting, i really think it all depends on your personal life factors

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws