over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

White rice or Brown Rice??

Lenny

IFBB PRO / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Just seeing what you all think about the choice. I for one do not personally freak out about if it is white rice or brown rice because they both do the complex carb job for me. It is more about controlling the portion, than the color of the rice.

Just seeing what you all think about it or what you choose.

Go with basamati rice. But really I think brown rice overall is a bit more healthy nutrient wise. nothing substantial but maybe just a bit better.

Spaghetti has a lower GI than all rices and is much tastier! Never understood the love with rice (or oats for that matter)

Spaghetti has a lower GI than all rices and is much tastier! Never understood the love with rice (or oats for that matter)

not that i didnt believe you but i wanted to see how much lower GI spaghetti noodles were. it was GI of 23. brown rice 22. so its pretty much the same, one point higher, but definitely not lower.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5780/2

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

BTW, i love this website, been using it for several years, gives the most complete and in depth information about foods and has tons of different choices of how its cooked, bought/stored or seasoned to get precise information

Dreamfields make a good pasta, it's very low in carbs. But you'll be hungry an hour later which is the only downfall.

**broken link removed**

whats white rice? rice is brown. to make it white they process the crap out of it. i dont think eating overly processed food is good.

i was about to ask if anyone knew why asians eat white rice instead of brown. and most asian cuisine is either white or fried rice. i couldnt find anything after a few searches but finally came across this. neat article.

""Asian culture is big on polished white rice with all their meals. Do you eat white rice or brown, and why? And why is (it) that Asians don't switch to a healthier carb like brown rice?"

My wife and I eat brown rice most of the time, as we like its texture, taste, and nutritional value. We eat white rice on occasion, usually when we need to make a quick meal or when we visit family members who eat mainly white rice.

One of the reasons why Asians have used mainly white rice over the years is that white rice lasts longer in storage than brown rice. The essential fatty acids found in brown rice usually begin to go bad after approximately 6 to 12 months of storage, the exact amount of time depending on how much oxygen is available. When brown rice is polished down to make white rice, many of the essential fatty acids are lost, allowing white rice to last longer than brown rice without going bad.

Another reason why many Asians prefer white rice is that they have become accustomed to how easy it is to chew and digest. Brown rice requires more chewing power to properly digest than white rice does.

Some Asians refuse to eat brown rice because to them, it's a sign of poverty. Many Asians who are above 40 years of age have been deeply conditioned to believe that prosperous people eat white rice while peasants eat brown rice.

Finally, many Asians choose white rice over brown rice because white rice is less expensive. White rice is far less expensive to produce and distribute because it is in greater global demand and produces higher profits because of its longer shelf life. "

I understand the GI is different and quality, but macro related there is not a huge difference. I was just seeing what people ate in regards to rice. Brown rice is better behind the scenes without a doubt. I still eat white rice and brown rice without freaking out since I am limited on my carb intake. Thanks guys for some good information posted.

I only eat jasmine rice. It taste great! The GI is high by itself, but it doesn't concern me so much since i always have it with protien and healthy fats. I've tried swithching to brown rice and noticed no difference on my phyisque or energy levels. Brown rice texture and taste is not for me, so i switched back to jasmine.

I prefer brown rice during contest prep cause its chewier and makes my food last longer....otherwise i have not seen much of a difference between the two.

I prefer brown rice during contest prep cause its chewier and makes my food last longer....otherwise i have not seen much of a difference between the two.

thanks for that useful info. ive always heard that brown rice is "the one", and none other should be considered. i just cant eat the stuff though, i can eat a whole bowl of white rice with zero sodium added and love it. brown rice...yeah right.

thanks for that useful info. ive always heard that brown rice is "the one", and none other should be considered. i just cant eat the stuff though, i can eat a whole bowl of white rice with zero sodium added and love it. brown rice...yeah right.

Brown rice has more fiber than white so it takes longer to digest. It also has Zinc and Magnesium. To me that more than offsets the chewiness and the different taste.

this is what i'm talking about... overcomplicating things...
no difference... none what soever...
the fiber difference is negligible... the nutrients? do you have a deficiency? if you do, brown rice won't cure it.
go with whatever's cheaper and tastes better... if there is a difference in results, it's in your head.
and for whoever said "what's white rice? rice is brown." .... water mellons are green, but you still eat the red part.

this is what i'm talking about... overcomplicating things...
no difference... none what soever...
the fiber difference is negligible... the nutrients? do you have a deficiency? if you do, brown rice won't cure it.
go with whatever's cheaper and tastes better... if there is a difference in results, it's in your head.
and for whoever said "what's white rice? rice is brown." .... water mellons are green, but you still eat the red part.

i agree

im all about jasmin rice, even during prep

Im eating basmati right now and I love it :)

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael_
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws