mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who doesn't follow a set meal plan in the offseason?

Mines pretty much the same as summer but with more carbs.

I stay pretty structured. If I don't, I just won't eat enough and I won't progress.

Right now I eat:

Meal 1:
2/3 cup oatmeal
4 eggs, 4 egg whites, spinach

Meal 2:
1.5 scoops whey, 3 slices ezekiel bread, 15 almonds

Meal 3:
10 oz 93/7 turkey, 1.5 cups rice, 1/3 cup black beans, green beans, 15 almonds

Meal 4:
10 oz chicken tenderloin, 1.5 cups rice, 1/3 cup black beans, green beans, 1 tbsp coconut oil

Preworkout:
EAAs, 1 pack poptarts

Postworkout:
EAAs, 20 oz pineapple in juice

Meal 5:
10 oz chicken tenderloin, 1.5 cups rice, 1/3 cup black beans, green beans

Sometimes I'll have a pizza or Five Guys after I lift. Trying to add carbs and fats as my weight stalls.

I like the reduced gluten and low dairy ;)

Also lold @ the 2lbs driving by KFC sign ..

I gain 5lbs just by eating at IN-N-OUT once every 1-2 weeks

I would love to try an IN-N-OUT burger.. they look so good :( darn east coast

I would love to try an IN-N-OUT burger.. they look so good :( darn east coast
Try Sonic or Arby's.

OMG.. I shouldnt even be thinking about this right now.

Sorry guys
In n out is still king
^ ^

I have never followed a diet plan ever. Although that's probably the main reason I haven't progressed as much as I should have. I tend to eat the same things though so no real need to have one.

I believe its crucial if you want to really progress!!

I just find it easier to follow a plan. I change the meals as needed based on the goal. Preparing six meals a day is a lot of work. I can't imagine trying to wing it each day. Two weeks into a plan I can whip up my meals quickly. But the first week or so it takes longer and I need to keep referring back the plan.

I'm also a little ocd about my diet. I have a cheat meal once a week and eat a healthy alternative meal every once in a while, but 90+% of the time I just stick to the plan. Keep in mind it may be geared toward either lean gains or fat loss.

I never weigh my food offseason but ill usually change from eatin every 3 hours (precontest) to eating every 2 hours and do eggs and carbs in the am, then do chicken w/white rice every meal until dinner then ill usually like to do a red
Meat or jut do another chicken meal, then 2 scoops pb and protein shake before bed. Then eat whatever I want on the weekend. I don't put on to much fat.

Lee Priest doesn't follow a plan while off-season.

And seriously i believe alot of other guys dont follow a plan either, mojority id say fakes like they do because they have s persona as a business man in the fitness industry to adhere to

Sent from my SPH-D600 using Tapatalk 2

I follow a plan offseason. I made my first significant jump when I did.

But mainly, I'm huge on having a routine. So it's more normal than not for me.

I DO keep it simple as hell tho. I know how much protein/carbs/fat each meal should have. But I still have like 10+ different "meals" that's it those macros plus shakes so I don't get tired of the food anymore.

But if i want a pizza...I'll go eat the damn pizza. It is the offseason :)

I'm kind of like TrinityD. I don't "plan" meals but when you do something for so long, the days just look similar.

This is true. I cook chicken and rice in bulk so I'll always have those in my fridge ready to be microwaved. For example my yesterday looked like this:

breakfast: 2 scoops of whey, muesli, yogurt
lunch: chicken, rice, nuts
snack: 2 scoops of whey, pb sandwich
post-wo: 2 scoops of whey
dinner: chicken, rice

That would be a pretty normal day for me if I don't want anything "exciting" or not going out with my wife. Basically 5 meals if you count the post-wo shake with 50g protein each meal. Would be better to have less shakes but they don't give me any stomach problems and it's just really convenient. Usually lunch & dinner is the same during the week but I'll vary my breakfast and snack, on the weekends more eating out and/or bit more effort into home cooked meals instead of just chicken & rice.

So yeah I do have a structure but I'm pretty flexible with it and I don't really have cheat meals, if I want something I'll just have it.

edit: Nice to have so many people replying to this. Different things work for different people but it's interesting to see how people do things and their reasoning for it.

Last edited:
I don't buy in to the whole bodybuilding diet. I've ate whatever I wanted my whole life including precontest and compete at heavyweight. I use minimal AS and don't use GH or peptides, etc. I think it all boils down to genetics and how hard you train.

I have to laugh at the people saying they think people get fat if they don't follow a meal plan. If you workout at all and get fat I don't care what you eat than you either don't know what your doing or your genetics suck.

I think in bodybuilding people get in the mentality of following the herd. You have to do A, B, and C to get results. This is why places like GNC and protein companies are still in business. Most people in the world don't workout or follow any meal plans and don't get fat. Most people in gyms don't follow meal plans and don't get fat. I've known all kinds of guys from the gym who didn't diet, partied, did everything wrong who looked good. Even some who competed.

Over my last 20 years in gyms guys who I have personally known who were big guys and some who competed most of them had decent genetics, did juice, lifted heavy, and liked to eat. It was the smaller guys who were doing their 2 hour volume workouts, always on some diet, drinking their protein shakes, looking for the latest and greatest supplement, and trying to figure out what juice the big guys were doing.

I see too may people trying to live life like their some pro bodybuilder when their not. I think some people take themselves way to serious and should realize 99.9% of people are going nowhere in bodybuilding. Trying to maintain unrealistic diets, spending too much time at the gym, and abusing drugs. That takes a lot of the fun out of working out because bodybuilding can be a very selfish and destructive lifestyle. Life is all about balance and is to short to be restricting food which plays a huge role in you and your families lives.

I'd like to follow a set of macros year round and adjust as needed but I save that for cutting. If I did it year round I'd end up a mental wreck. I set no limits what so ever when no cutting but make sure every meal contains a good bit of protein or some decent vitamins and shit. I'll over eat as that's my natural tenancy so growing not to difficult. I'll eat clean most of the day but ig some one gives me a cake or bar of chocolate I'll eat it. I'll put flavoured whey in my Greek yogurt,I'll leave the skin on my chicken etc. Basically I'm gonna enjoy eating. When you don't smoke, drink or do recreational drugs you need something nice

Last edited:
Off season is when you can be more flexible. You don't have to eat the same meals for 2 weeks and then switch it up or whatever, although that is a good way to see what works best for you.

But what I mean is, if my meal 2 today is chicken and rice, my meal 2 tomorrow might be steak and potatoes. I just try and get the right amounts each day and I think that's what really matters.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDrummer47
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131