over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who has taken NASM?

TooPowerful4u

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Im HORRIBLE at studying and im trying to go through all this material for the last 2 weeks now. Its driving me nuts. Its loaded with insignificant bs (although alot of the info IS good, a good portion of it is insignificant). They want you to memorize all these stupid terms and try to sound super smart when it can be put in MUCH simpler terms and explanations and be just as effective.

What should i focus on when taking this test in order to pass? I just want to get this test over with, as when i train i am not going to follow this certifications programs ANYWAY (most great trainers dont follow their cert, they go with their experience which is key along with personality). It was required for the wellness center i applied at that pays pretty well.

Make sure you know those stupid terms and their triangle of periodization thing (cant remember what stupid name they called it). Basically memorize as many of their visual ways they present material as well as the terms. They are very specific on definitions so you need that shit down packed.

NASM is a real pain in the ass cert to get, NSCA was a lot more straight forward and just as "respected."

i think you might find it hard working with people who dont have nearly the same amount of interest you do.....i know i found it difficult

i think you might find it hard working with people who dont have nearly the same amount of interest you do.....i know i found it difficult

yeah ive heard that alot from my friends that train people....

Very difficult material

I have the NASM PT cert. along with the Streching/sports performance along with a few of the other major cert's and what I've found to be valuable with NASM is the kineseology, anatomy, physiology portion not the program structure. TP, it's not about "sounding smart", it's about being smart. What are you going to do when you run into major structural damage or rehabilitation work? If you're planning on developing a career in the fitness industry as a qualified trainer, you need to be vast in your knowledge outside of bodybuilding. I've developed a clientelle training athletes, but it didn't start that way, it took 13 years to come to that point and I've encountered MANY scenarios in which NASM has saved my ass. My reccomendation is to not be LAZY, but to really learn the material so that you're not limited in your clientelle and just pick and use the material that you feel is worth while, but learn it all first.

Thats why I dont train anymore...It drives me crazy...

Thats why I dont train anymore...It drives me crazy...

This is the same reason I stopped. If the person you're training isn't into it, it's not worth your time and effort and trying to deal with their complaining that what you're telling them isn't working, when in fact they're not doing exactly what you told them to do.

This is the same reason I stopped. If the person you're training isn't into it, it's not worth your time and effort and trying to deal with their complaining that what you're telling them isn't working, when in fact they're not doing exactly what you told them to do.

I don't mind training people like that at all. As a part time job, where else are you going to get paid $30-40/hr (or more)? I've been training this guy on the side 2x/week for the last year. He pays me 35/hr and has gotten me random sessions from this co-workers. If you can get a lot of business, it's great money. If you get a few people, you still have decent money for not having to really go out of your way.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear