over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Who here boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabolic_Beast

Registered
To remedy anger and aggression, I have lately been intensely boxing on my days off from weightlifting. I am in love with this fucking boxing. It's pure pain and it robs away that depression like fuck. However, my elbows seem to be taking a mild toll due to all of the pressure exerted from weightlifting and hitting the heavy bag (My gym has a strange customized 250 pound heavy bag that I love pounding the living shit out of). I never had elbow pain before...so Im a little concerned here. I wear 16 oz Everlast training gloves and they seem to be light and not absorbing the bag's reflections of my punches. I ain't stopping this new boxing passion...I actually enjoy it better than weightlifting lol!
This shit is the best cardio I have ever done, and definitely blows away the BORING treadmill. Who here boxes, and even competes if you do fighting comps. Im not talking about that MMA shit you see on TV where skinny guys dance around (I got homophobic issues with grappling and hugging a guy on the floor LOL), Im talking about straight up real poundin' old school BOXING.
What kind of routines do you guys implement when you lift weights and box?
How do you help with the joints?
What supps and food are a MUST for a boxer?
Throw a heavy punch for me!
BAAM BAAM MOTHERFUCKER!

Attachments

• berbick_tyson_275.jpg
    berbick_tyson_275.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 442
I find that 1+ gallons per day of whole milk really helps my joints and overall recovery.

LMFAO for once i wont be the one makin fun of you here. Try to stop cursing and TRYING too hard to sound hardcore (just makes you look stupid)......

Boxing is fun. Its more fun when you incorporate it with all forms of MMA. BJJ is a TON of fun (without the gui) if you get good at it. Judo kinda just gets me aggrivated because i cant stand someone grabbing my gui (i guess wrestling all my life and having mobility and ability to move has something to do with it). Cant stand not being able to move becuase someone has my damn sleeve n collar lol. Boxing can be alot of fun, but being more diverse and learning to grapple is a much tougher workout, honestly, and more exciting (and it makes you use your HEAD more, because if you arent smart and get baited, your fucked lol).

Well brother, I fight mma but also trained 11 years and boxed 7 years at Golden gloves where I was undefeated in my boxing career (21-0). Even though I got sick of boxing within the first few years and really did want a greater challenge, I still box with Boxing 4 fitness under Rob Radford (IMHO one of the best boxing trainers around).

First of all, your gloves - Everlast sucks unless you're spending quite a bit ($100 for their pro line). Their cheaper equipment is trash, the kind you'd find at Dicks and Sports authority. Title is a good brand with decent prices. Amber also has some nice gloves if you ever plan on competing, Ringside is good too.

Secondly, if you have no previous training and are punching incorrectly (especially since your gym has a 250lb? punching bag), you could be fucking your wrists and joints up pretty good. They don't have any smaller bags? Work on form first. injuries will only get worse.

Third, as in any sport your diet should be the same. I have always taken omega 3's (flax seed, cod liver, fish oils), mega man is a good multi but you can spend half hat on walmart multi vitamins. Eat healthy, clean calories. Increase protein intake and stay away from BK. 6-8 small meals a day works well. Oatmeal, rice, chicken you know the rule. With your workouts add cardio (my cardio never came into play until fighting mma since you spend 3x more energy and strength grappling and taking knees). Quick burst/speed training is awesome for endurance and that explosive force. don't know what your current weight training is like. You'll want to go higher reps, less weight. I started mma when I was powerlifting and doing 4,3,2,1,1 and it killed my boxing because I lost about 3 inches on my reach. GOt too damn bulky. Stay in good shape that's key. Hey and before you knock mma, Bas Ruten has a harder punch per sq inch than any current heavyweight boxer and kicks as hard as a 30 mph head on car collision! :)

LMFAO for once i wont be the one makin fun of you here. Try to stop cursing and TRYING too hard to sound hardcore (just makes you look stupid)......

Boxing is fun. Its more fun when you incorporate it with all forms of MMA. BJJ is a TON of fun (without the gui) if you get good at it. Judo kinda just gets me aggrivated because i cant stand someone grabbing my gui (i guess wrestling all my life and having mobility and ability to move has something to do with it). Cant stand not being able to move becuase someone has my damn sleeve n collar lol. Boxing can be alot of fun, but being more diverse and learning to grapple is a much tougher workout, honestly, and more exciting (and it makes you use your HEAD more, because if you arent smart and get baited, your fucked lol).

Good post bro, I didn't get mad like normally when someone disses mma and is all about boxing but I agree. To be honest my favorite fights are against anyone with a single discipline especially boxing because they're completely one dimensional and really other than punching posses no real skill. Someone who trains strictly Tae Kwon Do (LMFAO) actually has a better chance of winning a fight than a strait up boxer. That's why I left boxing, I got bored. The powerlifting went better with the mma for me too. The brute strength was fun to use.

I used to box, I made it all the to the Regionals in 1990 at 119 when I was 16. I lost to Timmy Austin, who went on to win the Nationals and world's but lost the olympics to a Cuban fighter.

My dad was against it, because I had good grades in school and went to catholic school. My dad boxed when he was a kid for money, but he said it was because his family was poor. When I finally visited Mexico, eveyone told me how great of a fighter he was.

At any rate, I had to sneak out of the house to train 3 days per week, then I would lie about where I was going when I had to fight in tournaments. I had a lot of punching power and hand speed, but my endurance sucked!

I couldn't figure out why, this was my training:

I ran about 8 miles in the morning, shadow boxed for 3 rounds to warm up.

Sparred 1 to 3 guys 3 rounds a piece, hit the heavy bag for 3 rounds, focus gloves, and alternated between the double end bag and speed bag. In school for gym class I ran around the track, my school took sports very seriously, so they didn't mess with my training, they just let me be.

Anyway, My problem is that I was training like a pro, I needed to do more of a short, more intense training regimen, it's like comparing a sprinter to a marathon runner.

After every single fight I was completely exhausted. Amateur fights were 3 rounds, in the open division, you are fighting people good enough to be pro, but a lot of them stay as amateurs because they prefer it.

You see guys with 1000 fights in amateurs. Anyway, I got into weight training to gain more punching power, then I lost interest in the boxing, I quit at 18. But if your joints are bothering you try some Knox jelly with water and drink it as directed. Other than that I didn't have that problem since I was only 16 back then.

Also Ringside does make very good equipment, they are cheap, and have a great T/A time.

Last edited:
Good post bro, I didn't get mad like normally when someone disses mma and is all about boxing but I agree. To be honest my favorite fights are against anyone with a single discipline especially boxing because they're completely one dimensional and really other than punching posses no real skill. Someone who trains strictly Tae Kwon Do (LMFAO) actually has a better chance of winning a fight than a strait up boxer. That's why I left boxing, I got bored. The powerlifting went better with the mma for me too. The brute strength was fun to use.

Definitely agree. Fighting someone who ONLY boxes is a joke. SO easy to take them down lol. They cant punch from their backs. When i first started training here n there years ago, my buddy LOVED to have me come train with him (he was training for UFC) because i was a good wrestler, so it was great practice for him to go up against me. Right now actually my buddy trains with a very high level pro in i THINK Howell, NJ (not sure) who wants me to come train with him cuz im a big wrestler and he could use the work against someone with my strength n skill (and aggression haha). After my shows im probably going to do it.....its great cardio (which i need offseason for once).

I remember when i was younger all my friends and every badass would always say "you cant grab me il just knock you out before you touch me". Yea bud, like im gonna walk in with my hands down and just dive at your legs lol. People have no idea....really....grappling (mainly wrestling) is the strongest base you can possibly have for MMA.....as proven time and time again....

I agree, I used to argue about this with some of my best friends in HS, I went to school with The Williams brothers. Steve and Joe, Joe wrestlted in the olympics, and won a national title when he wrestled for Iowa st I think. Anyway, we would constantly argue about who would be a better fighter on the street. (It was an all-male HS so we talk a lot of shit to eachother) I have some wrestling background so instead we decided to have them try their hand in intra-mural boxing (that's actually what sparked my interest in boxing to begin with) The problem is that all of them sucked! See it was just intra-murals, so the kids were from school with no boxing training what-so-ever. They hit like little girls. A wrestler with good endurance will tire when they box, because their body is not used to it.

On the other hand, I've been in a few street fights, where I was sucker punched, and I laughed at the guy! Once you're used to getting hit by a trained fighter square in the face, someone off the street isn't going to do shit to you, but get you a little pissed off. Then I hit him with a left jab, and he went down! I was like is that it? His friends came and waved a towel in front of him and gave him mouth to mouth and shit!

But most fights do end on the ground, so the wrestler would have the advantage. But who here would be willing to have a street fight with Mike Tyson and call that a Joke?

Furthermore, as in any fight it depends on who imposes their will on the other guy. It also depends on the level of fighter that you are facing. There is a BIG difference between a novice golden gloves fighter and an Open division fighter. In the open division you are allowed to fight in worlds, nationals and Olympics and stay amateur as an open fighter. The quality is night and day. Professional is different then other sports, because any bum off the street can fight pro if they want they just pay the fee, and you get about 150.00/fight (at least that's what it used to be) Then you have your elite level fighter. Who are the contenders for world championship professionals. They can throw punches from any angle and hurt you, and have unbelievable hand speed, you can't see how fast they are on TV.

Remember Vitor Belfort? He was a BBBJ champion and he KTFO'd everyone in a few UFC's using only his boxing, remember that? Randy Cooter was the only guy who figured him out.

I saw him in a boxing match not too long ago, he fights like a bum! I couldn't believe how slow his hands were and how unimpressive he looked. Anyway just my 2 cents.

I'm going to try to track the video down and post it.

I do remember a fighter back in the second UFC, who made it to the finals, Can't remember his name, an older black dude, he lost to Gracie I think but he beat everyone else. Anyone remember who that was?

Last edited:
I do remember a fighter back in the second UFC, who made it to the finals, Can't remember his name, an older black dude, he lost to Gracie I think but he beat everyone else. Anyone remember who that was?

Pat Smith. The dude sucked though, in todays standards. I think he fights with YAMMA now.

Pat Smith. The dude sucked though, in todays standards. I think he fights with YAMMA now.

that's definately true, MMA did change a lot, there was almost no interest before, now it's bigger then WWF.

Definitely agree. Fighting someone who ONLY boxes is a joke. SO easy to take them down lol. They cant punch from their backs. When i first started training here n there years ago, my buddy LOVED to have me come train with him (he was training for UFC) because i was a good wrestler, so it was great practice for him to go up against me. Right now actually my buddy trains with a very high level pro in i THINK Howell, NJ (not sure) who wants me to come train with him cuz im a big wrestler and he could use the work against someone with my strength n skill (and aggression haha). After my shows im probably going to do it.....its great cardio (which i need offseason for once).

I remember when i was younger all my friends and every badass would always say "you cant grab me il just knock you out before you touch me". Yea bud, like im gonna walk in with my hands down and just dive at your legs lol. People have no idea....really....grappling (mainly wrestling) is the strongest base you can possibly have for MMA.....as proven time and time again....

Brian McCan has a place there, There's another place down in jerz that had Baguazhang and some tang style martial arts. I fight down that way at the Ring of Fire 2 years ago. I train up at Premier and Matt Hammils gym in upstate NY where I'm from. Jerz has some good places to train though for sure. I went to a pin2 win camp with a kid from there, Matt grey I think his name was but the kid was an unbelievable wrestler. Upstate NY and Jerz hhave some of thee best highschool wrestlers in the nation. I won states senior year and went on to wrestle at OSU. Wreslte Greco-Roman and took 3rd at Worldcup 2 years ago, I'd like to see any boxer try and rough me up. Not to mention I do train with pro boxers who punch 1000 pounds, and have yet to be knocked out.

:D
To remedy anger and aggression, I have lately been intensely boxing on my days off from weightlifting. I am in love with this fucking boxing. It's pure pain and it robs away that depression like fuck. However, my elbows seem to be taking a mild toll due to all of the pressure exerted from weightlifting and hitting the heavy bag (My gym has a strange customized 250 pound heavy bag that I love pounding the living shit out of). I never had elbow pain before...so Im a little concerned here. I wear 16 oz Everlast training gloves and they seem to be light and not absorbing the bag's reflections of my punches. I ain't stopping this new boxing passion...I actually enjoy it better than weightlifting lol!
This shit is the best cardio I have ever done, and definitely blows away the BORING treadmill. Who here boxes, and even competes if you do fighting comps. Im not talking about that MMA shit you see on TV where skinny guys dance around (I got homophobic issues with grappling and hugging a guy on the floor LOL), Im talking about straight up real poundin' old school BOXING.
What kind of routines do you guys implement when you lift weights and box?
How do you help with the joints?
What supps and food are a MUST for a boxer?
Throw a heavy punch for me!
BAAM BAAM MOTHERFUCKER!

I dont know if youre legit or if your all there brother but I cant deny you're posts for entertainment value are off the charts and I actually look forward to what you have to say next.

You can bet pure entertainment and a good laugh is what got you nominated for featured member............Good luck with that:D

Well brother, I fight mma but also trained 11 years and boxed 7 years at Golden gloves where I was undefeated in my boxing career (21-0). Even though I got sick of boxing within the first few years and really did want a greater challenge, I still box with Boxing 4 fitness under Rob Radford (IMHO one of the best boxing trainers around).

First of all, your gloves - Everlast sucks unless you're spending quite a bit ($100 for their pro line). Their cheaper equipment is trash, the kind you'd find at Dicks and Sports authority. Title is a good brand with decent prices. Amber also has some nice gloves if you ever plan on competing, Ringside is good too.

Secondly, if you have no previous training and are punching incorrectly (especially since your gym has a 250lb? punching bag), you could be fucking your wrists and joints up pretty good. They don't have any smaller bags? Work on form first. injuries will only get worse.

Third, as in any sport your diet should be the same. I have always taken omega 3's (flax seed, cod liver, fish oils), mega man is a good multi but you can spend half hat on walmart multi vitamins. Eat healthy, clean calories. Increase protein intake and stay away from BK. 6-8 small meals a day works well. Oatmeal, rice, chicken you know the rule. With your workouts add cardio (my cardio never came into play until fighting mma since you spend 3x more energy and strength grappling and taking knees). Quick burst/speed training is awesome for endurance and that explosive force. don't know what your current weight training is like. You'll want to go higher reps, less weight. I started mma when I was powerlifting and doing 4,3,2,1,1 and it killed my boxing because I lost about 3 inches on my reach. GOt too damn bulky. Stay in good shape that's key. Hey and before you knock mma, Bas Ruten has a harder punch per sq inch than any current heavyweight boxer and kicks as hard as a 30 mph head on car collision! :)

Hey man your post really caught my attention. Before I say any of this, keep in mind that I am 100% new to boxing, don't know quack diddly shit about it, other than you have to punch that other fucker HARD and QUICKLY and knock him 3 generations back to his pedophile uncle's ranch in the wild west getting molested by jerseyguy732 :D :D :D)
But I HAVE to ask you this question that's been bugging my mind;
the way you explained your boxing career with 21 wins and 0 losses, why did you retire from competing (If I am assuming correctly because you used the words "When" and "career".). Was it because you just merely got sick and tired of it?
Another question I have to pick on your brain is (Since you have experience and I don't have SHIT, except pure heart and drive)...why the hell would some amateurs never turn pro when they have the choice to? Don't they want national coverage? Don't they want to at least TRY to become the champion of the world?
I sure as hell want to ask the local boxer trainer at my gym to schedule me my first comp, and just see how I stack up against the other boys. I gas out quite easily, but with my power (Especially the way I make that 250 pound heavy bag FLY across the room and stuffings shooting out of the bag and a crowd of spectators crowding around me) I must be doing SOMETHING right.
How did you increase your endurance without sacrificing size?
Im def getting a personal trainer to shape me up for all of this, but I figure you'll be the first person I ask...

Thanks.

Last edited:
DUDE you, remind me of a guy I used to work with, whom I named "Skippy" He talked just like you too, He was a tough guy, short stocky and he had balls! He jumped in the ring (without ever training a day in his life) In a bar on the south side of Chicago called the Matrix. That was back in 2000. I had already been done with the whole thing, but he had your same enthusiasm, It's almost as if you were him, as I read your words, but good for you! But a 250lb Heavy bag? You would break your hands right away. Remember as you gain punching power, it's actually easier to hurt your hands.

But if I can chime in here. As I mentioned Professional and Amateur is a completely different sport, they are not alike at all! First of all the training is different as are the rules. The gloves for example go like this, if I remember correctly: Amateur (Park district and AAU) they are 16oz, golden gloves and CYO were the cheaper 10-12OZ gloves (they hurt a lot more) and handwraps, they don't allow tape. And Headgear

Professional is 8oz, (bigger fighters use bigger gloves) with Gauze and tape, after they unwrap your hands you can't straighten your fingers for at least an hour. I'm not sure why, but there were a few Cuban fighters that I remember going undefeated as amateurs who never fought pro. Why don't all Amateur wrestlers who are good wrestle in the WWF? (j/k):rolleyes:

Mike Tyson lost quite a few fights as an amateur but really blossomed as a pro. From what I remember becoming a pro boxer is nothing hard at all, it's definately the easiest sport to earn your pro card in. But if you're an unknown you will make about $150.00/fight.

If you have a good amateur career or fought in the olympics it gets more interesting. But I know a ton of National Golden gloves champs who were very dominating fighters for years, and couldn't do shit as pros.
Jeremy Williams (178) fought the same years I was in the sport, he was a top prospect, he didn't do too much as a pro.

Last edited:
FUCKING A!!!!!!! YEA BABY! BLOOD AND GUTS! LETS KICK SOME ASS!!!!!!! UGH IM AMPED!!!!!!! I WANT CHUCKYJUICE! BRING ON CHUCKYJUICE!!!!!!

i agree...

hittin the heavy bag is great cardio.
i have been boxin, and doing martial arts since i was about 7. i entered wrestling later about 16.
we have a heavy bag and another bag that is on the ground so you can do ground and poud and a double end bag. 15 min and im soaked like i just got out of the shower.
the only thing that stops me fro doing it is i use the mma bag gloves no boxig gloves. the day after for about 3 days my wrists ache sooooo bad. so i only hit the bags ect and do martial arts n the offseason. i just cant train 100% all out when my wrists are messed up.
but yeah.....i love hitting the shit outa tha bag. honestly the mma stuff.....there are so many people into if you are not well rounded the next time you get into a fight you may get your clock cleaned by someone who is training like that. it pays to be well roundes and grapple a bit. i LOVE squaring off w someone and they think im gna hit them and clinch, knee, and they fall. or clinch and move behind for a chole or a suplex.(which is way dangerous cuz most of the time they hit their head.,)

god bless
lucian

(Especially the way I make that 250 pound heavy bag FLY across the room and stuffings shooting out of the bag and a crowd of spectators crowding around me)

God dam you make me hot when you talk like that. I am aroused. "Bite my lips and close my eyes...take me away to paradise"! I need a glass of red wine and a very cold shower! More! MORE!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510