advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Whose gyms are open? What are the changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjape3434

Registered
Guy I know slowly but surely some places gyms are opening up. Anyone’s open yet and if so what type of polices have they put in place?

Not much changed. Everyone's lockers were cleaned out and the entire place was sanitized. I get there as soon as the doors open at 5, and there are only about ten people there, max. I honestly wouldn't want to go any other hour. We don't have to wear masks, thank fuck. And no one is doing so voluntarily. Everyone is asked to wipe down equipment before and after, but that's same as before.

Pool/Lockers etc. closed but no changes that have affected me. Some equipment is taped off for distancing but they did a good job of taping off most of the stuff that is rarely used like the grip machines, inner/outer thigh machine, any hip/butt machines etc. All the racks, benches, hammer strength stuff that most of us really need they left open.

Not much changed. Everyone's lockers were cleaned out and the entire place was sanitized. I get there as soon as the doors open at 5, and there are only about ten people there, max. I honestly wouldn't want to go any other hour. We don't have to wear masks, thank fuck. And no one is doing so voluntarily. Everyone is asked to wipe down equipment before and after, but that's same as before.

What state are you in?

In Wa - Gyms will start to slowly open in Phase 2 ( still in Phase 1 ) but most big counties here are not even close to qualify for phase 2. **EDIT** - LEAVE THE POLITICS AND COVID OUT OF THE CONVERSATION! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THIS THREAD STAYS OPEN!! When they do open, can only be at 30% - probably have to sign up to use the gym which will suck and be super busy if you ask me, cleaning down after use of each machine. I work for a pretty big corp office and we have a good gym so I am hoping we open our gym and barely anyone goes because 90% of the employees are still at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in NJ and two gyms in the whole state have opened up. Both have realigned their gyms completely to comply with all recommended health guidelines, wipe down all equipment before and after each set,wear mask in between sets, etc.. Also they are operating at 20% capacity.

In Louisiana the gyms are open with 25% of the fire marshal max capacity. The staff is constantly Walking around wiping everything off. They have "wet wipe" station all over and want you to wipe off everything before and after you use it. The recommend staying 6 feet appart. All the staff are wearing mask , the wet areas are closed (shower/pools)

What state are you in?

In Wa - Gyms will start to slowly open in Phase 2 ( still in Phase 1 ) but most big counties here are not even close to qualify for phase 2. **EDIT** - LEAVE THE POLITICS AND COVID OUT OF THE CONVERSATION! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THIS THREAD STAYS OPEN!! When they do open, can only be at 30% - probably have to sign up to use the gym which will suck and be super busy if you ask me, cleaning down after use of each machine. I work for a pretty big corp office and we have a good gym so I am hoping we open our gym and barely anyone goes because 90% of the employees are still at home.
It's actually phase 3 in Wa State for commercial gyms. Only small one on one type studios qualify for phase 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gyms are Phase 3 or 4 here in NY. We just finally reached Phase 1. I have no clue what the changes will end up being. Probably another month out, at least.

** LEAVE THE POLITICS AND COVID OUT OF THE CONVERSATION! THAT'S THE ONLY WAY THIS THREAD STAYS OPEN!! **

in my area they are going to have scheduling in 1 hour blocks, i dont think any 1 hour block can exceed 25%, after that hour is up and everyone leaves they will be closed 30 minutes for cleaning then re-open for the next hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear