over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wife getting nowhere with Clen/T3/T4 use

upeccmi

Registered
I have been around bodybuilding for a while(20 years) but this has me stumped and am looking for your help to my question.
My wife is 38, 4' 11" 118 lbs, she use to be 96 lbs but has been creeping up in weight the last few years. I have her use on occasion all different combos of clen, and cynoplus (a t3/t4 combo) or straight T3, many times without any weight loss at all or even a pound gain. She is very religious with her workouts (does about 2 hours of combo cardio and aerobic classes and lifts weights). Right now I have her up to (after 7 weeks) 120 mcg T4, 40 mcg T3 and 75 mcg clen with no luck at all.
Any logical ideas are appeciated.

What is her diet like? Can you give us a 1 day recall?
That much stuff would have me glowing, vibrating & sweating 24/7 :eek:

She eats very little and healthy, substitutes low cal whey shakes for here protein, very healthy and very little cheating. I can't even take her out to dinner cause she is so paranoid. Basically three small meals with one small snack in the afternoon.
It has me stumpted too. And her doctors just say her bloodwork is fine, one even said maybe she is overtraining.

ot

Overtraining causes the need for alot of extra calories as when ya train ya are not just working your muscles you tax the CNS...have her stay out of the gym for a week and see what happens.

Have her keep a diet log of everything she eats & drinks. Include amounts and as much detail as possible. I have a diet analysis program and can break down all the macros and totals for you. Eating too little can be just as detrimental as eating too much.
What about her water intake?

I will have her log her diet and post it. I just think that with so much thyroid med and clen that even with a "not so great diet" she should at least not gain weight. I do think she does too much running and other cardio, her weights are not extreme and she occasionally cuts it out as she feels like she is bulking up at times. Being so short any weight she does gain has a multiplication effect on the eye. The funny thing is genetically her family(who doen't even work out) are generally very fit, she si the one who works out very hard for years and diets and has the most trouble.
I appreciate the comments and help here.

calories

really need to know how many calories
drugs or not if you are not taking in enough calories you will hold on to weight...body goes into survival mode

I have been around bodybuilding for a while(20 years) but this has me stumped and am looking for your help to my question.
My wife is 38, 4' 11" 118 lbs, she use to be 96 lbs but has been creeping up in weight the last few years. I have her use on occasion all different combos of clen, and cynoplus (a t3/t4 combo) or straight T3, many times without any weight loss at all or even a pound gain. She is very religious with her workouts (does about 2 hours of combo cardio and aerobic classes and lifts weights). Right now I have her up to (after 7 weeks) 120 mcg T4, 40 mcg T3 and 75 mcg clen with no luck at all.
Any logical ideas are appeciated.

problem may lay in her diet

She eats very little very healthy and very little cheating. Basically three small meals with one small snack in the afternoon.

This is the whole problem
She has probably slowed down her metabolism so much with eating too little calories, that even extra thyroid meds do little to help.
Explain to her that too little calories is just as bad as too many, and get her started on a different diet plan, that involves 5-6 small meals, with adequate macronutrients (not just keeping protein high and everything else low).
Getting off the thyroid meds and letting the thyroid normalize itself is also a high priority.
It might take a while for this plan to actually start working, but when it does and her metabolism returns to normal, she will be able to eat normal amounts of food without gaining extra weight provided she works out and does cardio regularly.

She is not eating enough! Her diet is the reason for no progress. 2hrs of cardio is not helping either!!

As part of the equation,surely the medication should be questioned.I.E is it fake t3 /t4 as it is not impossible in this day and age.

Like everyone else said more meals also probably with more protein. With all that cardio, clen, t3 and t4 she is most likely burning up more muscle than fat. Don't look at her weight, monitor her appearance and BDF%.

I think it's been said enough...she's not getting an adequate amount of food.

really need to know how many calories
drugs or not if you are not taking in enough calories you will hold on to weight...body goes into survival mode

I also think that messing with any thyroid medication is dangerous. I'm sure there are some people who can do it properly without reprucusions, but I have heard of women seriously messing themselves up using it as a weight loss drug. Now they HAVE to take it to regulate their thyroid. :(

She eats very little and healthy, substitutes low cal whey shakes for here protein, very healthy and very little cheating. I can't even take her out to dinner cause she is so paranoid. Basically three small meals with one small snack in the afternoon.
It has me stumpted too. And her doctors just say her bloodwork is fine, one even said maybe she is overtraining.

I would use whole foods for proteins and not just shakes

I will discuss PCOS with her but I looked at the symptoms and it does not match (some do of course).
She doesn't just use shakes as protein source, she eats chicken breast, she is not too keen on fish or eggs for protein.
She eats pretty healthy (oatsmeal, brown rice, fruit, wheat breads, occasional not so good foods) she has been trying all different combos of meals and it doesn't seem to be helping her. She has tried more frequent meals (4 or 5) and gained weight (yes she lowered the amounts of each meal).
I try to tell her not to look at the scale, although she looks good in my eyes there is no denying the weight gain. She has a fair share of muscle, remember she is very small (4'11 at most)
I know T3, T4 and Clen are not optimum for women but we both have been doing this for many years and she just has gotten to a point that nothing works anymore. I am more inclined to think it is a medical issue that I can't think of. She claims to be under more stress (although we have no kids and live fairly carefree), I have noticed her sex drive has decresed the last year or so. I just don't get it...
I wouldn't know what to ask a doctor to test for or what specific doctor to go to for specific help here.

Try cutting out the breads and pastas even if they are wheat for awhile. She may have a gluten intolerance, which will keep weight on. Has she tried low carbs. It looks like she may eat lots of carbs although they appear healthy she may not be burning them off depending how she it eating them. Is she food combining or eating carbs by them self. When is she eating them. It makes a difference.

Is she going through alot of stress. In addition if she is using stimulants clen, caffeine, yohimbine ephdra etc. and is stressed out and over training it could affect her adrenal glands, cause high cortisol levels and stop fat loss.

Last edited:
She has tried more frequent meals (4 or 5) and gained weight (yes she lowered the amounts of each meal).

Of course she has, and she will.
But the point is not to look into short term consequences of what is going to happen but plan long term.
As i said, her metabolism is crawling right now, which will explain the lack of sex drive as well (survival mode, remember). And you cannot get out of this dead end without increasing calories.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131