over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Winning the Nationals or USA Body building

Are they considered pretty equal? USA and nationals?
These are the two best shows for ametuer
Male bb?

So the past 10 years we are talking about
20 men to win the Overall?

Counting all the other chances for 2nd- other divisions, other shows,
How many pro cards go out? Just talking for men. 25? 50?

To me USA is more prestigious...especially now that first and second place at nationals gets a pro card

Id like to reach a national level 1 day but thats already hard enough! ill never talk bad about some1 who even placed dead last in the usa/nationals its out of respect just knowing how muxh hard work and dedication people put into it

i think that goes for all professional athletes. there are probably more 350 lb slobs sitting around every sunday talking shit about football players. at least most of the arm chair critics in this sport are functioning members of society:)

Phil's right, if you want to take the easy route to getting a pro card, stay away from the nationals and the usa. Just do the north americans ;)

It was alot harder to turn pro back when you were competing Phil

Man after being at Nationals this weekend I was just like DAMN! The guys are just amazing. The thing is in regards to a Pro card the way things are going it's kind of crazy because you don't have to win the overall or even your weight class any more since the top 2 in each class got a card. When Phil competed you at the USA's you knew the winner was just the best because only the overall turned Pro. I can deal with all class winners turning Pro but 2nd?? Get out of here.

Man after being at Nationals this weekend I was just like DAMN! The guys are just amazing. The thing is in regards to a Pro card the way things are going it's kind of crazy because you don't have to win the overall or even your weight class any more since the top 2 in each class got a card. When Phil competed you at the USA's you knew the winner was just the best because only the overall turned Pro. I can deal with all class winners turning Pro but 2nd?? Get out of here.

Agreed. How can you "Turn Pro" if you cant win your class. Makes no sense to me. Devaluing the meaning of a pro card IMO.

Z

It is HARD..........VERY HARD.........I do not know anyone here in 10 years that won the overall at the USA or Nationals.........anyone? You guys talk like your friends on here will walk away with that honor...STOP TELLING THEM THIS....YOU DO NOT KNOW HOW MUCH THAT HURTS THEM.........they are not that sensitive that they cant take honesty.....they actually think they are turning pro......they better GET HUGE then DRY FIRST.....I mean, not looking good in a bathroom or bedroom........ON STAGE IN TRUNKS......encourage them but stop lying to them.

Great post Phil.

Agreed. How can you "Turn Pro" if you cant win your class. Makes no sense to me. Devaluing the meaning of a pro card IMO.

Z

devaluing the meaning of a procard yes but in the long run of professional bodybuilding i think it is for the better. lets think about how many guys turn pro in every other sport... to only have a handful of new guys every year in the ifbb isnt going to allow the sport to grow. and with this comes smaller guys, maybe more focus on conditioning at the smaller level... which will take away the focus on the massive drug abuse that has started to deteriorate this sport. i think the ifbb should be adding more people to its roster, gives it more variety. and you cant argue that a lot of those guys who won are extremely talented. some i really dont understand... makes me wana chase a procard seeing as i could probably wipe the floor with 4 of those new pros

devaluing the meaning of a procard yes but in the long run of professional bodybuilding i think it is for the better. lets think about how many guys turn pro in every other sport... to only have a handful of new guys every year in the ifbb isnt going to allow the sport to grow. and with this comes smaller guys, maybe more focus on conditioning at the smaller level... which will take away the focus on the massive drug abuse that has started to deteriorate this sport. i think the ifbb should be adding more people to its roster, gives it more variety. and you cant argue that a lot of those guys who won are extremely talented. some i really dont understand... makes me wana chase a procard seeing as i could probably wipe the floor with 4 of those new pros

Just curious....which of the 4 could you wipe the floor with?

Just curious....which of the 4 could you wipe the floor with?

brandon williams art shahnazarian chris darby and johnny mcknight. im heavier and have better genetics than all of them. ive seen better competition at local shows. to see these guys walk away with procards is absurd... all my bbing friends should be pros by now. 2 of my friends are qualified for the nationals next year... i guess they can count on turning pro since they embarrass these guys.

brandon williams art shahnazarian chris darby and johnny mcknight. im heavier and have better genetics than all of them. ive seen better competition at local shows. to see these guys walk away with procards is absurd... all my bbing friends should be pros by now. 2 of my friends are qualified for the nationals next year... i guess they can count on turning pro since they embarrass these guys.
You have pics of you in contest shape? Have you done a national level.show before?

Was much harder back in the 80s and 90s.
At this nationals over 60 new pro cards was giving out, in the mans bbing division top 2 received pro cards.

How many competitors were there competing then vs how many compete in shows now?

You have pics of you in contest shape? Have you done a national level.show before?

nope and nope. havnt done a contest yet, there is no way i will diet and prep for a contest seeing as all shows would require me to give 110% to my training around midterms in the fall semester and final exams in the spring. call it an excuse, call it what ever you want. im not wasting my time and money in school if im gona fuck up my gpa or fail over a bodybuilding contest. me and my friends are all new to bodybuilding, im by far the least tallented from my friends. like i said, 2 of them are qualified for a national show, after competing their first time. i know what it takes, i know how to do it, my life just isnt allowing me to do so yet. even though i sound arrogant and immature in my post, im not talking out my ass. i know for a fact and have been assured this by many that i have national level genes. i finish school this spring... first thing on my checklist is compete.

nope and nope. havnt done a contest yet, there is no way i will diet and prep for a contest seeing as all shows would require me to give 110% to my training around midterms in the fall semester and final exams in the spring. call it an excuse, call it what ever you want. im not wasting my time and money in school if im gona fuck up my gpa or fail over a bodybuilding contest. me and my friends are all new to bodybuilding, im by far the least tallented from my friends. like i said, 2 of them are qualified for a national show, after competing their first time. i know what it takes, i know how to do it, my life just isnt allowing me to do so yet. even though i sound arrogant and immature in my post, im not talking out my ass. i know for a fact and have been assured this by many that i have national level genes. i finish school this spring... first thing on my checklist is compete.

I didn't think you had...before I competed on that level I use to say I could beat this guy or that guy but when you get there and see it in person you get humble really fast...especially when you are watching them hit poses cause 2-3 callouts went by and your number hasn't been called

I didn't think you had...before I competed on that level I use to say I could beat this guy or that guy but when you get there and see it in person you get humble really fast...especially when you are watching them hit poses cause 2-3 callouts went by and your number hasn't been called

you might be right, we will see when its time. either way im gona give it everything i have.

back to what i originally said... i do believe i am currently better than those 4 guys i listed. am i saying i think i deserve a pro card? no... simply that they do absolutely not. im a lot more humble than i sound... working out with this guy below will certainly do it. my friend tim only 21 yrs old pic taken at his first contest. now HE absolutely smokes the guys i listed above... his conditioning needs to be better. but being around him and guys who are close to as good raises the bar for me at least.

Attachments

• 557754_4822080589419_1041354607_n.jpg
    557754_4822080589419_1041354607_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
^
I could wipe the floor with 4 of those guys... If I wanted to.

Then posts a pic of his friend at a show.

:action:sm

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity