over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Wokout template for PB, man I'm slow

Paul Bunyan

Powerlifting Champion/Moderator
Registered
This one's for you HalfCenturian!

Here is the training template that i currently follow. Please remember that nothing is etched in stone and my plan changes often based on my work. I have a very physically demanding job and I never know what I'm getting into until I get to work. So, on a particularly difficult day I might cut the volume down by sticking to the main exercises with a few warm-ups and 3 heavy sets. Some of the stuff I am currently working on is meant to increase my work capacity or GPP to the point were work does not affect my training. By that I mean, my training would not have to be cut back even on my worst day at work.

As a reference for the older crowd, I am 41 and weigh around 315 @ 6' tall. I have returned to powerlifting competition after some injury set-backs. Alot of this is being done to prevent future injuries. I don't consider age to be a factor in any of this so use your head and listen to your body. At this stage of the game, nutrition has become more important. I'm pretty careful about what I eat without being a fanatic. Pay attention to your diet and your health.

Ok, here it is:

SUNDAY

Various kettlebell swings with 32kg bell for a total of 60 reps

Some kind of row( barbell, dumbell, kettlebell) 3 sets 10

abs

grip work

TUESDAY

This bench assistance day.

Kettlebell bench press of floor press for 3 set to failure. I'm finding that kettlebells are helping with my shoulder stability.

Dumbell shoulder complex. 20 reps each side, rear, front in that order. 2 sets

Lat work 4 sets 8-12 reps

Some kind of high rep tricep work either with bands or dumbells.
THURSDAY

Heavy squat/deadlift day
I only deadlift every other week on the opposite weeks I do some kind of good morning instead. Only 3 sets of 5.

Squat, I work up to a heavy triple. Safety squat, manta ray squat, sometimes front squats. I try to keep the bar off my rear delts as much as I can to save the wear on my shoulders. The squats are either done off a box or free, it depends on my mood.

Reverse hypers 3 sets

Glute ham raise 3 sets

SATURDAY

Heavy bench day. Lately I've been doing alot of full range raw benching. I also like floor presses and reverse band benches on this day. Work up to a heavy triple. I take smaller jumps between sets on the last 4 sets of around 10lbs. This is because I want to get enough work in at the higher weights.

Tricep work depends on how I feel. Some times 3 heavy sets of 3-5 reps on a 4 or 5 board press and then a couple of sets of band pushdowns to failure.

Lat work 4 sets

Now, there are some things that I am starting to incorporate like heavy sled dragging, sandbag exercises, and I have an empty beer keg that's gonna get filled with sand or water. There is a ton of stuff outside the gym that can be done for strength and conditioning. The following people have re-kindled my interest in this type of training: Zach Evn-Esh, Josh Henkin, and Robert McKee. Call it training for "real man strength" if you will. I like the variety, getting out of the gym, and the strength and conditioning benefits of this kind of training. My hope is that this experiment will cause my competition lifts to go up. At the very least, it will be fun.

I'll get the website addy's for these guys an post them up. Also, I'll post some of the actual odd lift workouts.

PB

p.s. It takes me forever to type this shit up because my typing skills blow. So don't get pissed at me because I take too long.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131