workout belts

pimpman

Featured Member / Kilo Klub / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Sponsors
just wondering how many bro's here wear belts for their workout.i remember back in the old days most people in the gym wore them and now i never see anyone at the gym with it.the old pros us to wear them all the time too remember.

pimpman said:
just wondering how many bro's here wear belts for their workout.i remember back in the old days most people in the gym wore them and now i never see anyone at the gym with it.the old pros us to wear them all the time too remember.
I did but dont do anymore. But I do keep it safe.

me too but anymore etheir.but i been having lower back pain like for the last couple of years.donno if it come with age,years of traing.thinking of going back to the belt

pimpman said:
me too but anymore etheir.but i been having lower back pain like for the last couple of years.donno if it come with age,years of traing.thinking of going back to the belt
Maybe from heavy leg presses or squats. That's how I got mine so I backed off and it's fine now. *shrugs* Doing more reps now instead.

i did some front squats a few months ago without a belt, lets just say the chiropractor was glad i didn't..:(

I only use a belt for squats, deads, and sometimes heavy shrugs.

Uluwatu said:
I only use a belt for squats, deads, and sometimes heavy shrugs.

I do the same. Squats, deads, heavy barbell rows or dumbbell rows, and sometimes heavy shrugs. Basically anything where my core needs some extra stability and support.

I wear it on all my training days now as a reminder to keep my low back safe. I cinch it up on my heavier sets when I feel I need the stability. I've herniated a disc in my low back twice without it.

bigtwig

M21SL said:
I do the same. Squats, deads, heavy barbell rows or dumbbell rows, and sometimes heavy shrugs. Basically anything where my core needs some extra stability and support.

I thought belts where a waste of time... till I tried using one this year. It's helped me tremendiously! I have lower back problems and I notice it gives me some added support. We don't fully know the effectiveness of belts because most studies that have been done using them have been industrial task, not weight-lifting. But I've noticed pro's wearing them in their photo shoots for magazines. And Arnold was known to wear one, (I saw pumping iron;) ). Maybe a pro can get in on this.

I have scoliosis and try to make sure I keep my back safe so like Uluwatu I wear it when I do heavy squats, deads or shrugs.

Dezzy said:
I thought belts where a waste of time... till I tried using one this year. It's helped me tremendiously! I have lower back problems and I notice it gives me some added support. We don't fully know the effectiveness of belts because most studies that have been done using them have been industrial task, not weight-lifting. But I've noticed pro's wearing them in their photo shoots for magazines. And Arnold was known to wear one, (I saw pumping iron;) ). Maybe a pro can get in on this.
some wore them as fashion statement. I would have to say that unless you are going heavy, don't wear one. you have a lot of minor muscles back there that will miss out on the workout if you do and when they get weak, here come the back problems. I have had a lot less back problems since limiting its use.

I'm training for strongman, and am trying to use a belt as little as possible so that my core gets stronger. It definitely makes a huge difference in stability for me at this point - sucking in a big bellyful of air and pushing out against the belt makes me feel rock solid. So, I use it for max effort work, and am trying to retrain so that my lifts are just as good without the belt.

alan1973 said:
some wore them as fashion statement. I would have to say that unless you are going heavy, don't wear one. you have a lot of minor muscles back there that will miss out on the workout if you do and when they get weak, here come the back problems. I have had a lot less back problems since limiting its use.

Especially since almost none of these bodybuilding belts actually give the support they should.

If you want to use a belt, better buy one of the powerlifting belts (it should be as wide on the front as it is on your lower back)

lynx said:
I have scoliosis and try to make sure I keep my back safe so like Uluwatu I wear it when I do heavy squats, deads or shrugs.
You have the COOLEST belt Lynx!

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I have the one pictured

Attachments

• ystorty190420044387.jpg
    ystorty190420044387.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,973
Moen said:
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I have the one pictured

hey moen,

where do they sell the gasp stuff in the states? or do you have to order it over seas? i see it in all the md photo shoots.. looks pretty cool!

I have no idea km, I'm from Europe and so are they so no problems there :D

Strider said:
So what's a good belt or brand to buy guys?

Inzer lever action is used by a lot of power lifters/strongmen.

Advantage: lever action is completely adjustable, you can cinch in tightly and easily.

Disadvantage: you don't look like your humping the power rack and/or your partner cinching your belt tight.

For a conventional buckle belt, the
**broken link removed** is hard to beat. I have one, like it a lot, has a great reputation.

I'm not a big fan of the double-prongs: one too many prongs to get fastened ultra-tight.

APT

I have a nice powerlifting belt from APT. It makes a big difference when going heavy.It may be all mental but I like the peace of mind.Keeps you nice and tight in heavy movements.

I use it on squats,deads,and rowing movements.Also when I curl 185lb straight bar, I definetly have the belt on.With that weight swinging is inevitable and I feel like I have more control of the movement this way.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity