over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

World Record Bench Press

That's a lot of weight. Well done!!!! What's next 1100???

|---[\\\\]>-------- i know nothing about powerlifting, but i do know that they wear bench shirts to help, but doest it defeat the purpose when the bench shirt doesnt fit? also, i clicked a link for a world record raw bench lift at 715...he too had the lifting suit on and had spotters all around (obviously they all do) but what is the dif. b/t the 1000 lbs bench and a 715 RAW bench? what does RAW mean?

Unreal lifts...over 1 k, that's got to feel like a ton on the chest.

Raw I thought BBa was without the bench shirt.

for what i was told years ago about the lift shirt is that it compresses all yuor muscle together really tight and give u more strength.and also help so none of the joint pop on u while u lift the weight.it is suppose to be extreamly tight.many years ago i use work out in a really small mom and pops gym and a dude us to wear the shirt on his last 2 sets of bench.the shit was tight they had to help him put it on and off.it really works he let me put it on one time and was able to do a set with weight i could not do before.it really works.i just dont see me walking around the gym wearing the shit on bench day.:D

bigbadasian said:
|---[\\\\]>-------- i know nothing about powerlifting, but i do know that they wear bench shirts to help, but doest it defeat the purpose when the bench shirt doesnt fit? also, i clicked a link for a world record raw bench lift at 715...he too had the lifting suit on and had spotters all around (obviously they all do) but what is the dif. b/t the 1000 lbs bench and a 715 RAW bench? what does RAW mean?

Raw is with out a bench shirt. The purpose of the shirt is to provide support through the shoulders and chest. Some guys once they know how to use a shirt and maximize its advantage can average up to 150lbs more than their raw bench. Of course some people will get more or less out of the shirt. While using a bench shirt your chest doesn't have to be as strong as your triceps, because of the support and "spring" off of your chest you get from the shirt. Strong triceps and a good bench shirt are what powerlifting bench meets are all about. Gene Rychalik (spelling) is the guy in the video. He has mastered the bench shirt. And he is also a big strong guy. I think he is about 6' 2" or so and about 380 - 400lbs. I use to lift in the same organization as him, and some of the same meets. 3 years ago he was benching 900 with a shirt. He is really helpful, and a good guy.

Last edited:
I personally have more respect for a 715 raw press than a 1K+ shirted. The equiptment they come out with in terms of powerlifting, mainly in the bench catagory is ridiclous. I've been to a competition a kid was warming up (no shirt) had 3 plates failed the lift. Later I see the same kid in competition (with a shirt on) 365 went up like cake.

Its insane how many pounds some of these 'supportive' pieces of equiptment can give an athlete. Thats not my sport, so I'm not bad mouthing it, just making an observation.

Good Video

I like the raw benches better but Gene and Scott are truly Kings of the bench.
1000 + lbs. is fantastic! I love watching powerlifting vids. :D

wedge

jesus, those shirts help that much? what are they made out of? the same black stuff that was attatched to spiderman (venom)?

bigbadasian said:
jesus, those shirts help that much? what are they made out of? the same black stuff that was attatched to spiderman (venom)?

They are made out of Denim, or a polyester type material, or a combination of denim with a poly insert, etc, etc. Single ply, double ply and even triple ply. And yes they do help out that much, but it takes a while to learn how to use one. If you don't know the proper technique and have a poor fitting shirt, then you might as well lift raw in a meet.

I used to use a double denim shirt, with the spiderman stuff attached:D

I too agree that raw is real strength. But let's face it, 1010lbs is heavy, shirt or no shirt. This guy has to be animal strong to even hold that over his chest let alone press it. I once unracked just over six hundred pounds on the bench. I was never going to press it but holy shit man that was heavy. I was just happy to be able to unrack the bar and put it back agian without incident. So, much respect to these goliaths of the bench press.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws