over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

yet another bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

edge250

Anabolic Steroids from IP China Discovered in Huge Steroid Bust
Posted on 14:50 March 4th, 2008 by Millard Baker

James Edward Moore, Jr., was indicted for importation of anabolic steroids and possession with intent to distribute anabolic steroids on February 27, 2008. Moore admitted to ordering steroids from IP China sending money via Western Union on at least six occasions to Zhijum He of China. The charges listed in Moore’s indictment were based on thousands of vials and ampules of steroids and thousands of steroid tablets found at Moore’s residence, storage lockers, and three intercepted packages linked to Moore.

The investigation of Moore began in late August 2007 when the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) opened an incoming package addressed to Jimmy Moore, Jr.; the steroid shipment was sent via International Express Mail by Sany Zeng of Chungsa, Hunan (China).

A second incoming package from China on October 22, 2007 was examined by federal authorities under an anticipatory search warrant. This International Express Mail shipment contained various anabolic steroids and growth hormone, including products labelled Test 400, British Dragon Trenabol Depot, Primobolan QV 100, Teston QV 200, and HGH marked Getropin 10IU Recombinant Human Growth Hormone.

The third incoming package was ordered from ****Shop and shipped by Gore Elena from the Moldova Republic. It contained eight 5mL sachets containing testosterone cypionate and eight sachets containing testosterone enanthate. All sachets were marked “Aromathekaypoil.”

Moore waived his Miranda Rights and told investigators he sold the anabolic steroids primarily to bodybuilders at the Santa Cruz Gold’s Gym and used them for personal medical problems e.g. “to fix his hormone levels.” He reported that he was disabled due to cardiomyopathy and kidney problems. Due to the sheer quantity of anabolic steroids discovered during the steroid bust, the Gold’s Gym in Santa Cruz has the most “jacked” bodybuilders in the country.

Moore resided at a house for recovering drug and alcohol addicts where he was manager and caretaker of the facility.

Due to the sheer quantity of anabolic steroids discovered during the steroid bust, the Gold’s Gym in Santa Cruz has the most “jacked” bodybuilders in the country.
LMAO!!! Just terrible the way these steroids come in and get everybody "jacked"... Those bodybuilders must have been a real threat to the community too - what with all their huge strength and size and all... ...very dangerous! :rolleyes:

Good gravy, Marie!

I guess this proves stealth packets aren't so stealth huh? :( For all those who don't think it's going to be you ... they came after this guy for a few vials and 16 sackets .. .

Might help explain why all the siezures.

Well, on other boards, siezure talk gets deleted here.

I guess this proves stealth packets aren't so stealth huh? :( For all those who don't think it's going to be you ... they came after this guy for a few vials and 16 sackets .. .

"The charges listed in Moore’s indictment were based on thousands of vials and ampules of steroids and thousands of steroid tablets found at Moore’s residence, storage lockers, and three intercepted packages linked to Moore."

Over a thousand vials is a few to you?

hes saying the investigation was opened becaues of a few vials and satchets. they got lucky when they found all the other stuff at his home...

it all started over 2 packages. how many guys here have had 2 packages since ORD started...

hes saying the investigation was opened becaues of a few vials and satchets. they got lucky when they found all the other stuff at his home...

it all started over 2 packages. how many guys here have had 2 packages since ORD started...
if you read it the package contained more then a few vials it was a large order buy the sounds of it.also sounds like one was seized and he kept using the same address so he was asking for trouble.

Last edited:
I think they are being fairly lenient. I dont know of too many busts going on for personal users. They are just busting the dealers. So its fair to say that they are not trying to hurt people for personal use, only people who are trying to profit off of it. This is something i agree with....if you have it to use for yourself that should be fine...but if you are trying to make money off of something illegal then its your own fault....

I think they are being fairly lenient. I dont know of too many busts going on for personal users. They are just busting the dealers. So its fair to say that they are not trying to hurt people for personal use, only people who are trying to profit off of it. This is something i agree with....if you have it to use for yourself that should be fine...but if you are trying to make money off of something illegal then its your own fault....

Simply put... And I agree completely. None the less, still a bummer all around, living in a world of fear is never fun.

based off of what tpfu said............where is the line between personal posession and an amount that would be considered intent to distribute? isnt 1 amp considered 2 doses so if you had 100 amps which would be 1g per week for 10 weeks which would be common in the bb community yet to law enforcement would that not be 200 doses?? where is the line or is there one? anybody?

Did any one catch this gem? "Moore resided at a house for recovering drug and alcohol addicts where he was manager and caretaker of the facility."

:cool: Intent to distribute isnt as bad as it sounds.... granted all of its bad, but its not AS bad as distribution.

And to get someone on intent, they would have to proove just that. The guy's a dealer. Hey they exist. He got nailed because he was dealing... He admited to ordering from Eggroll man, 1000's OF VIALS AND TABS!!!!! ( now THATS one hell of a cycle! lol)

Personal use MYASS!

Oh and heres a quote from the article

" Moore waived his Miranda Rights and told investigators he SOLD the anabolic steroids primarily to bodybuilders at the Santa Cruz Gold’s Gym and used them for personal medical problems e.g. “to fix his hormone levels.”

WAIVED HIS MARANDA????? What a bitch! He confessed he was selling!

Couldnt tell U where the line is drawn from personal and distributing. I imagine if U had 1000vials in your home, and you werent selling em' , No one knew U had them, Then it would be personal use and HEY! ya wouldnt get busted!

ANTICIPATORY SEARCH WARRANT!?!?!

"A second incoming package from China on October 22, 2007 was examined by federal authorities under an anticipatory search warrant."

WTF IS AN ANTICIPATORY SEARCH WARRANT? SO basically they opened the package while waiting to receive the warrant!! God bless our rights?

This bullshit of the Patriot Act!

Granted, the guy was an idiot. If you import that much, you are asking for trouble.

Did any one catch this gem? "Moore resided at a house for recovering drug and alcohol addicts where he was manager and caretaker of the facility."

I saw that, now we obviously know he has some kind of substance abuse problem and considering that he lives in a halfway house more or less (even though hes manager) it was very dumb of him to have gear sent there.... period...

:cool: Intent to distribute isnt as bad as it sounds.... granted all of its bad, but its not AS bad as distribution.

And to get someone on intent, they would have to proove just that. The guy's a dealer. Hey they exist. He got nailed because he was dealing... He admited to ordering from Eggroll man, 1000's OF VIALS AND TABS!!!!! ( now THATS one hell of a cycle! lol)

Personal use MYASS!

Oh and heres a quote from the article

" Moore waived his Miranda Rights and told investigators he SOLD the anabolic steroids primarily to bodybuilders at the Santa Cruz Gold’s Gym and used them for personal medical problems e.g. “to fix his hormone levels.”

WAIVED HIS MARANDA????? What a bitch! He confessed he was selling!

Couldnt tell U where the line is drawn from personal and distributing. I imagine if U had 1000vials in your home, and you werent selling em' , No one knew U had them, Then it would be personal use and HEY! ya wouldnt get busted!

When someone waives their miranda rights, it does not mean that they say, "Hey I am waiving my right to remain silent" and so forth. There is such thing as an implied waiver.
Law enforcement will generally go as long as they can before reading the miranda rights to a suspect. It only has to be done before a certain time, there is no law that says the rights must be read when they are initially detained and/or taken into custody. So chances are what happened is that he wasnt read his rights til later, and during this time period where nothing was said he began to talk under some mild interrogation. It could also be what is called an implied waiver. You begin to talk, so it is therefore implied that you are waiving your right to remain silent. Bear in mind, a lot of bros out there don't fully understand the extent of the miranda case and why it is in effect.
It sounds like this guy was being an idiot.

Let's not get caught up in what's personal vs distribution.....bottom line is it's illegal period and if one is to take the risk of bringing it in even for personal use only and you get caught you'll have to jump through whatever hoops necessary to keep punishment to an absolute minimum..... I would assume the authorities would put as many charges as possible against you in hopes a few stick.....Gotta be ready for that.

No. It's as bad as it sounds. It's a felony.

Unless you don't mind being a convicted felon then I guess it doesn't matter anyway.

"A second incoming package from China on October 22, 2007 was examined by federal authorities under an anticipatory search warrant."

WTF IS AN ANTICIPATORY SEARCH WARRANT? SO basically they opened the package while waiting to receive the warrant!! God bless our rights?

This bullshit of the Patriot Act!

Granted, the guy was an idiot. If you import that much, you are asking for trouble.

im not lawyer...but what it sounds like is that because they seized his first package that contained AAS, they put up a red flag looking for packages to him from China again. because they had found it once, they could anticipate another package and what was inside of it, hence the "anticipatory" warrant. but im not sure about that....

just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost