over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

your influence to start training?

I always wanted to lift weights. At 5 yrs I found a dumbbell and would walk around doing curls. I also made it a point to lift anything heavy. My family wouldn't let me train for the most part and got serious in my 20's.

The Incredible Hulk. I still have the cartoon poster hanging in my dads garage to this day. Fuck I still want to be the big green guy.

I picked up a flex magazine and Ronnie Coleman was on the cover... Jacked as fuck... From that moment on I knew I wanted to be like him..... 6 years later, I'm still not black nor am I jacked like him... But one thing we both have in common is were both bald anddddd we both live in Texas 😎.... All joking aside I didn't know shit about lifting, I got to be a skinny fat 215 and did P90x then I lost a bunch of weight then decided I wanted to lift weights and get big.... Got up to a puffy 260 from eating like shit and hanging around a bunch of powerlifters 😂.... Couple injuries later and deciding I didn't wanna be a fat ass I'm down to 222 and getting leaner by the week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Professional Muscle mobile app

Awesome stories everyone. Good stuff.

I always find it interesting to hear peoples reasoning as to why they started training with weights. We've all heard so many different responses and decisions. everything from "I was the smallest kid in class" all the way to selfish reasonings of " to get that girl!"

Me? I had an older cousin growing up, he is 11 years older than me. He was always into weight training. I remember going to his house when we were kids and he had an old Joe Weider bench, some loose weights and a heavy bag that seemed to weigh a million pounds back then. I would go lift with him and he was always so strong to me. I saw him maybe once every four months, each time I saw him he was always much bigger and much stronger... I wanted to be just like him.

That along with me growing up in the era of Arnold and Stallone made me want to be the biggest and strongest around. Started playin around with weights at around 14 and seriously around 17-18... now mid 30's.

So what's your journey? What made you hit the weights and start your journey to where you are now?

Richard Simmons...freaking hardcore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was in college(Auto-Tech), I did a semester at school and then a semester at work with a mentor learning hands on.

My mentor was a monster(To me anyways), he was 6'2", 300lbs +/- at the time. He busted my balls ever day telling me I needed to start training. I was a young punk stoner at the time, 5'5", 120lbs soaking wet with skinny arms and a pot belly. Underdeveloped is an understatement, lol. I didn't have any drive to do it, and kept brushing it off. At the time, I'd rather get baked with my friends after work than hit the gym.

After a year or so, I was hanging out with some friends and some girls on a Sunday night. I was determined to hook up with one of them, and all of the sudden during conversation, she told me I was skinny. Looking back, I had no clue I was skinny, I obviously new I wasn't "big", but skinny? Never even crossed my mind.

That shit fucked me all up. I didn't get laid, and couldn't stop thinking about it. Skinny? Really? WTF?

I went into work the next day, and told him I'd come train at the gym after work. Little did I know, I was fucked! First day, LEGS! I had lifted weights before, but just fucking around on a bench or doing curls. The next 3 days I was so fucking sore, I had to call in sick to work, lol. Couldn't even walk. Pretty sure he was trying to break me, but I'll never quit, it's just not an option.

Once I could walk again, I was back in the gym for more punishment.

Years later, I saw that girl again. She barely recognized me. I thanked her, because she changed my life. Still didn't hook up with her though, she was married had some kids by then.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131