over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

tore a pec

buck1973

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Registered
was at the bottom of a heavy bench tore a pec
went to the Er was told to get to my ortho done that and he needs an MRI but he said prob complete rupture Damit
so wat happs now?
O BTW 50 yo 6 2 250
worst and best scenarios
who been through it wat happened and is there a come back?

Attachments

• 1234.jpg
    1234.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 905
  • 2223.jpg
    2223.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 854
I feel for you man...royally sucks. Sorry it happened

Man time and time again we hear and see of it. It's just a nightmare after decades of benching injury free and then pop.

My days are probably numbered with my obsession of doing BB and Smith Guillotines. Fvck it.

I tore my pec and re tore it again a year later. U will recover but stay away from flat from now on. Incline db and bb only and never have a problem but flat is asking for a re tear cus its never the same after u tear it. Heavy incline will be no problem tho after it heals

I tore mine getting ready for a bench meet ,more bruising than your's but Dr said i just needed to rest and do physical therapy.20 years later i can still see a indention of the right pec tie in.Does it hurt ,no but don't want to bench and find out(lol)

Flat bench,decline barbell bench are really the only two i can't see me doing again.
Though one benefit was using the incline barbell my main compound and my chest development was a hell of a lot better by just using the flat barbell as the main compound.

Best case scenario ,therapy rest ,start back slow and in a year be to your level before you tore it.
Worst case would be surgery and never be able to bench press again.

Scott Mendelssohn tore his so bad it was scary looking(lol) but he went on to hit another 1000 pound bench.

I just tore my left tricep. My arm is one huge bruise. 8 weeks on the shelf at least. I feel for you. But u will be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tore mine years ago. They did surgery to try and fix it, but I think I had a shit surgeon. He didn't fix it at all. It was a Workers Comp thing so I'm sure I got the cheapest surgeon they could find. It still looks as messed up as it did when I tore it. Really noticeable in a front double bicep. I also lost a tremendous amount of strength and stability. I hit 365 on the incline for 6-8 prior. I haven't been able to top maybe 235 since despite being much bigger and stronger. I can't balance more than an 80lb dumbbell. All of my chest work is on machines now. It is what it is. I injured mine in 2003
Get a good surgeon

Last edited:
was at the bottom of a heavy bench tore a pec
went to the Er was told to get to my ortho done that and he needs an MRI but he said prob complete rupture Damit
so wat happs now?
O BTW 50 yo 6 2 250
worst and best scenarios
who been through it wat happened and is there a come back?

I would fix it myself if you can. You will recover but the fact is it will never look the same if you dont get it repaired.

Buck,

I'm sorry this happened to you man. Just curious, when you bench do you tuck your shoulder blades (keep your shoulder blades pinched together against the bench)?

I've never heard of anyone tearing a pec when they tuck their shoulder blades.

I just tore my left tricep. My arm is one huge bruise. 8 weeks on the shelf at least. I feel for you. But u will be back

damn bro that sucks! how did that happen?

believe it or not it happened picking up the 155 lbs my girl was deadlifting. I had just finished triceps and I went to pick up her barbell and put it back on the squat rack and I felt the back of my arm pop. here are some nast pics. I don't want to hijack the thread but seems very similar to the topic

Attachments

• pic1.png
    pic1.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 510
  • pic2.png
    pic2.png
    18.8 KB · Views: 483
Buck,

I'm sorry this happened to you man. Just curious, when you bench do you tuck your shoulder blades (keep your shoulder blades pinched together against the bench)?

I've never heard of anyone tearing a pec when they tuck their shoulder blades.

I dont know what that is so i will say no
but i will look into it more

depends 100% on what the MRI says, and how severe of a tear is.

I have a friend that is going through a torn pec. Surgery is not necessary in his case, and the Doc actually recommended the peptide BPC-157

did the MRI and went to the surgeon and verdict is tore tendon from the bone in arm and prob some muscle torn also , need to go under the knife he said he will try and notch the bone and put tendon in there and attach to heal if the tendon is long enuff at this time.:eek:

you will be out for a while but in the long run u will be happy u got the surgery

Damn I'm scared for myself. I think I'll need surgery too Two weeks and it still feels like shit

If you wait too long for surgery the repair will be much less successful.. also on a pec tear, full rupture from insertion is likely better than muscle and tendon rupture. Reattachment to bone is pretty reliable if healing and therapy is correct...tears in the belly can be tricky or near impossible to fix and get good function afterward

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws