over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Another refeed question

joos23

Sponsor Rep
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I understand how a refeed works. I have seen guys adding a burger and fries to there last meal. Doesn't this defeat the purpose? These guys are in contest prep. Maybe if your peeled already it doesn't matter? Why is this?

I have searched inside and out. Every article I have read say keep fats minimal possible. Don't go over 20g, so ya I've searched!!!

You haven’t. Why do certain trainers like Dave palumbo do a burger and fries and soda refeed once per week versus some one like skip that does skiploading? The info is free and it’s all there if you search...read and watch

What are your stats? Unless you are huge and ripped you are overthinking these things. It's not gonna make any major difference putting in 20g or 50g of fat into your refeed. If you are dieting hard having a treat every so often is a great approach for many especially those who struggle to eat restrictively for long periods. It's gives you something to look forward to.

Forget about reseting metabolism or crap like that. Yes when added to a depleted body high cals can do wonders to fullness, vascularity and mental well being. However for 99% of people out there for your refeed simply have something you like and don't worry about minor details. I would personally recommend a mix of macros, high sodium and high overall cals. Yes it's true some coaches doing very high carb refeed meals/days. However they won't work unless you are shredded and depleted.

If you want burger and fries with bacon on go for it or whatever else you like. The most important thing is you keep it to one meal and don't binge afterwards.

What are your stats? Unless you are huge and ripped you are overthinking these things. It's not gonna make any major difference putting in 20g or 50g of fat into your refeed. If you are dieting hard having a treat every so often is a great approach for many especially those who struggle to eat restrictively for long periods. It's gives you something to look forward to.

Forget about reseting metabolism or crap like that. Yes when added to a depleted body high cals can do wonders to fullness, vascularity and mental well being. However for 99% of people out there for your refeed simply have something you like and don't worry about minor details. I would personally recommend a mix of macros, high sodium and high overall cals. Yes it's true some coaches doing very high carb refeed meals/days. However they won't work unless you are shredded and depleted.

If you want burger and fries with bacon on go for it or whatever else you like. The most important thing is you keep it to one meal and don't binge afterwards.

I pushed 900 clean carbs yesterday, besides my treat I had. With the treat I had I was over 1000 carbs. I only gained 2lbs. I'm pretty damn lean, but idk if I am lean enough to do a similar clean refeed with a burger and fry from 5 guys. Honestly, I've never had 5 guys. It's sad, I know

Some will say keep it clean and I had another coach say keep it clean, but last two meals do a burger and a fry, then pizza. I think that's over board

I'm curious on when to try a clean refeed with the last meal being a cheat, but not food binging. Thanks for your help man!

I pushed 900 clean carbs yesterday, besides my treat I had. With the treat I had I was over 1000 carbs. I only gained 2lbs. I'm pretty damn lean, but idk if I am lean enough to do a similar clean refeed with a burger and fry from 5 guys. Honestly, I've never had 5 guys. It's sad, I know

Some will say keep it clean and I had another coach say keep it clean, but last two meals do a burger and a fry, then pizza. I think that's over board

I'm curious on when to try a clean refeed with the last meal being a cheat, but not food binging. Thanks for your help man!

to answer your first question, if contest dieting, it all matters. in terms of where you are at now, why dont you experiment per se, add some of the foods, but not too much. acclimate, and try again. push cals up slowly, partition the food well, digest it well, use it for energy well.
adding it just to add it, well, stomach discomfort will follow your happiness of eating, and bathroom time will also follow. you may also not feel good, feel any extra energy, and actually feel sluggish.
again, slowly add, one week at a time. you dont have to go from 0 -1000 carbs, and you dont have to go to a full on "skipload" day. there isnt any hurry to eat all of this food. it will be there next week

to answer your first question, if contest dieting, it all matters. in terms of where you are at now, why dont you experiment per se, add some of the foods, but not too much. acclimate, and try again. push cals up slowly, partition the food well, digest it well, use it for energy well.
adding it just to add it, well, stomach discomfort will follow your happiness of eating, and bathroom time will also follow. you may also not feel good, feel any extra energy, and actually feel sluggish.
again, slowly add, one week at a time. you dont have to go from 0 -1000 carbs, and you dont have to go to a full on "skipload" day. there isnt any hurry to eat all of this food. it will be there next week

I picked carbs yesterday that digested well. I used cream of rice, jasmine rice, rice cakes, and had 2 soft frozen pretzels.
Mostly cream of rice and jasmine rice

2 weeks ago I was around 750-800 carbs. Gained only 2lbs. So yes, i am slowly adding carbs in.

My carbs are only at 102g on training days and only 2 oz of avocados as my added fats right before bed. Basically veggies and white meat

I appreciate your input help!

If you have a coach do what they say. If you don’t just play around with it and see how you respond. I’ve done 1000g carb days with lower fats and also the burger/Fries type cheat meal. Everybody responds different and the most visual changes will be due to the amount of water you are holding afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lets see a pic and stats. 900g carbs?

You dont 'add' it to your last meal it replaces your last meal. Could be implemeneted for 10x different reasons..theyve been low carbs..losing weight too fast..doing 3 low days then a high day..its never ending.

Pizza on a refeed during prep? :rolleyes:

1000 grams of carbs out of clean sources only... I don't even wanna think about doing that lol. Give me the burger and fries everyday though :D

You dont 'add' it to your last meal it replaces your last meal. Could be implemeneted for 10x different reasons..theyve been low carbs..losing weight too fast..doing 3 low days then a high day..its never ending.

Pizza on a refeed during prep? :rolleyes:

I can't upload photos on this site for nothing. I even tried using taptalk

I picked carbs yesterday that digested well. I used cream of rice, jasmine rice, rice cakes, and had 2 soft frozen pretzels.
Mostly cream of rice and jasmine rice

2 weeks ago I was around 750-800 carbs. Gained only 2lbs. So yes, i am slowly adding carbs in.

My carbs are only at 102g on training days and only 2 oz of avocados as my added fats right before bed. Basically veggies and white meat

I appreciate your input help!

No idea how lean you are without any pics, but if your fats are THAT low then some fats in addition to your carbs when refeeding won't hurt you as your muscle triglycerides are probably also quite depleted I can imagine. Whenever I ended prep only low-ish (for me 200 grams of carbs) and low fats I had to make sure to also load a good amount of fats when going into a contest to ensure I can fill out properly. Just my 2 cents.

If you don’t know your body refeed will do more damage then good. For my body personally I can’t do shit quality foods during Preps. My stomach becomes very sensitive and things easily fuck with my digestive system. I won’t eat out. No pizzas or anything. Most time is just increase in rice or clean carbs and if my body really needs it I’ll add a meal before bed that’s like a bunch of cookies and almond milk

During prep, I typically will go low carb 50-100 g per day having them around my pre and post workout meal.

When my fat loss starts to plateau, normally after 3-6 days I will have a high carb day. I have done junk carbs at night time before bed like pop tarts, sugary cereal, candy bars, chocolate bars, cookies, muffins, etc and wake up super dry and looking harder. I have also done whole food carb sources spaced throughout the day. I find my hunger is insane when I try to space out my high carb meals all day and it’s very painful because my metabolism gets pumping. I keep having blood sugar spikes and crashes with high carbs and no fats spaced out. My body burns them so fast.

It’s best for me to wait before bed and consume a shit load of junk carbs and go to bed and start the low carb cycle the next day. That way I don’t overdo it and cheat all day.

This works for me. You need to find what works for you. I really have to manage blood sugar roller coasters because they bring on serious cravings for me that are brutal. I prefer high fat and no carbs than a little carbs....it teases me too much. Fats stabilize me.

I have ruined two peeps like this learning how I need to diet and manage my body. I have fallen apart last 3 weeks of both shows but I learned from it. Came in shredded my 3rd show. Preparing for my 4th now.

During prep, I typically will go low carb 50-100 g per day having them around my pre and post workout meal.

When my fat loss starts to plateau, normally after 3-6 days I will have a high carb day. I have done junk carbs at night time before bed like pop tarts, sugary cereal, candy bars, chocolate bars, cookies, muffins, etc and wake up super dry and looking harder. I have also done whole food carb sources spaced throughout the day. I find my hunger is insane when I try to space out my high carb meals all day and it’s very painful because my metabolism gets pumping. I keep having blood sugar spikes and crashes with high carbs and no fats spaced out. My body burns them so fast.

It’s best for me to wait before bed and consume a shit load of junk carbs and go to bed and start the low carb cycle the next day. That way I don’t overdo it and cheat all day.

This works for me. You need to find what works for you. I really have to manage blood sugar roller coasters because they bring on serious cravings for me that are brutal. I prefer high fat and no carbs than a little carbs....it teases me too much. Fats stabilize me.

How many carbs did you get in before bed?

Right now I do my refeed on my off day. It also helps if I am at work. I can only eat what I have packed lol. Ya man, I crave sweets and it sucks. So I keep my carbs real clean and have a treat or 2. I could smash some donuts lol

Pizza on a refeed during prep? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

What do you consider a high day? Aj sims 1400 carbs or more like 500-600 and don't go over board?

Pizza on a refeed during prep? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE

What do you consider a high day? Aj sims 1400 carbs or more like 500-600 and don't go over board?

Aj will load athletes on 1400 grams who can take in 1400 grams without spilling over. His super saturation days are unbelievable to watch happen. There's a few coaches using similar methods for MP conditioning (cutz, profx, ZeroGrav) but he seems to be the one really really good at it out of the newer popular/trending coaches on the IG scene (where like it or not alot of industry growth is at this point).

Who knows maybe he will chime in he's a member on this board!

I think what is really more important than a set number is an athletes insulin sensitivity, level of depletion, world reality of their macros vs their stress tolerance, and their ability to train through the distraction of hunger. Enhanced athletes can do this all easily, and as AJ has shown over and over again, -drop tremendous amounts of body fat while preserving mass by extreme depletion and re feeding. His guys will LOSE WEIGHT faster the following day, some even grow lean body mass. For alot of his athletes, where they are at metabolically, they need to get the carbs in from Junkies sources because of the volume needed to be absorbed in the limited allotted time frame. If you look at there cycles, I would be queasy eating ANY food, never the less 1400 grams carbs solely from clean sources.

All of their other protocols aside you can learn alot from stalking these guys IGS no matter what school of rx or training you subscribe to.

Last edited:

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311