over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Daniele Pozzi dead

R.I.P.

Contests are like playing Russian roulette. Electrolytes get so out of whack that the heart can’t take it. I had horrible heart palpitations for 3 days after one show. I didn’t even used diuretics or DNP. I did my usual water loading Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday peaking at 3 gallons of distilled water, then cutting water Friday to sipping and no water for Saturday.
I was fine for the show. I made the mistake of trying to maintain Contest condition after the show by only having protein/oat shakes. It wasn’t until 3 days later that my girlfriend said your body needs vegetables and real food, that my heart stopped freaking out. We went out and had tepanyaki grill with lean chicken breast, beef, broccoli, a slew of veggies, and steamed rice, that my heart began to beat the way it should.
My AAS for that show was 600mg deca, 100mg winstrol, and 50mg turinabol the whole prep.

Diuretics...

I think this post is interesting, there is not much information about the protocol after the peak week protocol.

Post show many people stop diuretics, they have high potassium and low sodium (if they do not sodium load), also hormone aldosterone kicks in if water was stopped for more than 12hrs - leading to edema after water is re-introduced in larger amounts. Now after the show many people stops K intake, drink water excessively because of thirst and add that junk foods have excessively high leveks of NaCl. So off course this may lead to complications with heart later - like 12-24hrs after....

Smart way is keep some K in, add magnesium as it is a mineral ballancing the two, add sodium SLOW and also increase water intake SLOWLY. I drink post show but building up my regular intake over 2-3 days to avoid edema - it works. Edema may increase blood pressure. But to me the main culprit is the sudden elevation of NaCl with steep drop in K in hours following show. So before show Na dropping, K rising, after the opposite happen...all this in very short period of time...

Also European protocols were always harsher than US. Many avoid water for 48 hours, many even adds more K while having K sparring diuretics etc. Thats why I stopped doing it.

Thats why i dont do "peak weeks".... if youre looking GREAT leading into the final week, why do something so drastic??...... Honestly, once i stopped doing peak weeks i started WINNING.. if you're really conditioned i truly don't feel they're necessary..... too much shit can go wrong...... Tenny was the one who had me stop doing em a few years back.

Thats why i dont do "peak weeks".... if youre looking GREAT leading into the final week, why do something so drastic??...... Honestly, once i stopped doing peak weeks i started WINNING.. if you're really conditioned i truly don't feel they're necessary..... too much shit can go wrong...... Tenny was the one who had me stop doing em a few years back.

Yes.

I think the peak week occurs because the bodybuilder loves to manipulate things to try to get a better look. Not manipulating anything makes the last week boring.

The risk makes a sport attractive, the risk of ruining a preparation, having health problems, etc ... This may sound stupid, but it must be something of the unconscious.

Also, of course, there are the practical results or the general consensus that after manipulation, in general, the appearance will be better. That's why so many gurus are working for this.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear