over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

nolvadex: good or bad?

nychris

Newbies
This other board I visit sometimes when I'm bored is constantly bashing nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) saying you should never take it. They post obscure articles all the time like these three, for example.

Tamoxifen: A Major Medical Mistake?
**broken link removed**

Effects of tamoxifen on GH and IGF-I levels in acromegaly.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9364247

Tamoxifen and estrogen lower circulating lipoprotein(a) concentrations in healthy postmenopausal women.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7522547

These are some of their reasons:

No, nolva is worse for a male than letro. It has so many bad effects from increasing Pr expression to inhibiting the enzymes that break down alcohol. Letro gets rid of estrogen. Nolva just blocks it in breast tissue. So what if it's faster. It's not stronger. Letro is better at supressing E1 and PR. Do you know you can get rebound effect coming off Nolva? If he isn't on it for a long time he may end up with worse gyno coming off.

Nolva has a bad rap because of its effects on the PR, sucks as a restorative, and decreases IGF

Nolva increases the effects of progesterone. If you're using a progestin, like nandrolones, it increases your chance of getting it. Many men are using test/tren or test/deca and using Nolva to fight gyno, then they end up getting it when they probably wouldn't have had they not used it.

I'm not experienced or knowledgeable enough on this subject to know if this is BS or not. Anyone agree or disagree with this?

This board also happens to sell a somewhat competing product that works similar to aromasin and I wonder if this has anything to do with it.....

Endo Dr. Swale would disagree...

I would trust him over a bunch of random posters on another board. He has tried and true research on many patients. Experience over the #'s I guess is what I am saying.

This other board I visit sometimes when I'm bored is constantly bashing nolvadex (tamoxifen citrate) saying you should never take it. They post obscure articles all the time like these three, for example.

Tamoxifen: A Major Medical Mistake?
**broken link removed**

Effects of tamoxifen on GH and IGF-I levels in acromegaly.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9364247

Tamoxifen and estrogen lower circulating lipoprotein(a) concentrations in healthy postmenopausal women.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7522547

These are some of their reasons:

I'm not experienced or knowledgeable enough on this subject to know if this is BS or not. Anyone agree or disagree with this?

This board also happens to sell a somewhat competing product that works similar to aromasin and I wonder if this has anything to do with it.....

Not sure bout the other 2 things stated in the posts but Ive read it does lower igf levels

Not sure bout the other 2 things stated in the posts but Ive read it does lower igf levels

Is true, lower IGF, Victor Conte at Balco Lab did test 26 pro bodybuiders ( I was one of them) and the blood work showed that the bb`s takig HGH and Nova head wery loe levels of IGF. My was very high and I was not taking Nova.

Pct

Armidex on cycle and nolva for pct. Clomid has too many nasty sides and I would totally due without it if you can. I always do~

Nolva is a great product.
If you ever get gyno you will wish you had Nolva.
I would be more worried about growing bitch tits than temporarly lowereing igf.
AAS causes sides. You have to be ready for that.

Nolva is a great product.
If you ever get gyno you will wish you had Nolva.
I would be more worried about growing bitch tits than temporarly lowereing igf.
AAS causes sides. You have to be ready for that.

Ive said the same. what goods the muscle if you have bitch tits.

Beware of vets peddling goods. Their agenda is obvious.

Nolva and clomid both help your lipids which is good, but nolva can lower IGF. I do think if your taking igf or GH or other peptides, this may not be a big concern, but if your all natty in that field i'd opt for something other than nolva like aromasin or formestane.

What do you mean by this?

I mean that I've seen, time and time again, 'vets' and 'reps' use their status on boards to advice the use of a product(s) they have some affiliation with. Salesmanship taking a priority to sound advice. I'm suggesting being skeptical of the source if they have something to gain.

Nelson Montana was my favorite example of this.
Ross of Supreme Sports was another one.

i used nolva many times in the past at 20 mg a aday.i would only use it when my nipples started getting sore and stop shortly after i felt the soreness going away usually around 3 weeks.i kept my nolva usage to a minimum so i doubt there were any negative effects.

I mean that I've seen, time and time again, 'vets' and 'reps' use their status on boards to advice the use of a product(s) they have some affiliation with. Salesmanship taking a priority to sound advice. I'm suggesting being skeptical of the source if they have something to gain.

Nelson Montana was my favorite example of this.
Ross of Supreme Sports was another one.

Useless information. Start your own thread.

Useless information. Start your own thread.

The mod (which you aren't) asked me to expand on my statement.
As long as it does not break rules or mod approval, I'll post where I fucking please--It's not your say.

I thought nolva uptakes the progesterone recepetor and makes you more suscepitble to progesterone induced gyno

anyone Please expand on that??? :star-wars

i was always instructed not to use it while on deca or tren or wks after

guess it depends on i it works for you or not. give it a try, if you dont like it find something else.
i have never had a problem w nolva. used up to 40mg a day and it hardened me up and reduces a lil bit of gyno i had. and i still got the effects of the gh i was using so even if it lowers igf its not noticeable when you are injetctin gh. nolva is not new. its been used by bbers for a long ass time. do you think if it didnt work or held you back people would still be taking it? of course this was a long time ago when i used it, and still......everything i write is hypothetical!!;)

god bless
lucian

Last edited:
I thought nolva uptakes the progesterone recepetor and makes you more suscepitble to progesterone induced gyno

anyone Please expand on that??? :star-wars

i was always instructed not to use it while on deca or tren or wks after

Yeah, I have heard something like this before. But I have used it plenty of times with tren and it did take away the gyno each time. I have never used deca.

AI's can help you from getting it in the first place, but not completely. Once you do start to get gyno you need a SERM. AI's won't work once you have gyno.
I use exemestane during cycle, and I use nolva on an "as needed basis"
This strategy always works for me.

Yeah, I have heard something like this before. But I have used it plenty of times with tren and it did take away the gyno each time. I have never used deca.

AI's can help you from getting it in the first place, but not completely. Once you do start to get gyno you need a SERM. AI's won't work once you have gyno.
I use exemestane during cycle, and I use nolva on an "as needed basis"
This strategy always works for me.

great post THX!

SERM being novla right? sorry the names get confusing, ive used tons of the compounds

anyone ever try raloxifene?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity