advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What I Think Are the Three "Best" Fruits for BB...

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
Preface: Please, HEAR/READ this clearly- I AM NOT saying that all other fruits are bad, not beneficial, no good, etc, etc... it always amazes me how people glean a thread and start making comments not related to the original intent... yah goofballs :)

One philosophy I mentioned before I TRY to incorporate into every part of my life is, "get the most bang for your buck"... be it supplements, time management, diet, etc.

I recently started incorporating fruits into my diet d/t my trainer's suggestion. Whether or not fruits should be a part of your training diet is entirely different thread.

When it comes to disease, pain, and the general degeneration of our bodies, there are two main culprits behind almost every part of these- inflammation and free radicals. Well, bodybuilding is a most interesting sport- great for you, but it takes a toll on your body! haha

When I put some thought into it, there were really three main fruits that I thought would offer the most "bang for the buck" (cost, benefit, etc.).

Pineapple, blueberries and prunes.

Pineapple: fairly low on the GI, a great natural anti-inflammatory, and great for protein digestion. I always try to have this with my grass-fed beef.

Substitute: Papaya for pineapple- same great benefits. In fact, if you want a GREAT exfoliant soap, get papaya soap (you can find it at most "Asian" stores). It eats up your dead skin.

Blueberries and prunes: low on the GI and an ABUNDANCE of anti-oxidants. The great thing is, an entire cup of blueberries has only 20 grams of CHO. Buy a large bag of frozen blueberries and you can save a lot of money. Prunes actually have DOUBLE the amount of anti-oxidants of blueberries... I just love both so much.

Granted, acai has by far the most amount of anti-oxidants, but again, "most bang for the buck" also takes cost into consideration. It's quite expensive in itself and I think blueberries and prunes are well enough.

solid read, quick and to the point. Lately I have veered away from fruit for some odd reason. I am heading to the store now to do some food shopping and will be picking up some fresh pina. Also I will be trying the papaya soap. I am haveing some dry skin issues for whatever reason lately.

Preface: Please, HEAR/READ this clearly- I AM NOT saying that all other fruits are bad, not beneficial, no good, etc, etc... it always amazes me how people glean a thread and start making comments not related to the original intent... yah goofballs :)

One philosophy I mentioned before I TRY to incorporate into every part of my life is, "get the most bang for your buck"... be it supplements, time management, diet, etc.

I recently started incorporating fruits into my diet d/t my trainer's suggestion. Whether or not fruits should be a part of your training diet is entirely different thread.

When it comes to disease, pain, and the general degeneration of our bodies, there are two main culprits behind almost every part of these- inflammation and free radicals. Well, bodybuilding is a most interesting sport- great for you, but it takes a toll on your body! haha

When I put some thought into it, there were really three main fruits that I thought would offer the most "bang for the buck" (cost, benefit, etc.).

Pineapple, blueberries and prunes.

Pineapple: fairly low on the GI, a great natural anti-inflammatory, and great for protein digestion. I always try to have this with my grass-fed beef.

Substitute: Papaya for pineapple- same great benefits. In fact, if you want a GREAT exfoliant soap, get papaya soap (you can find it at most "Asian" stores). It eats up your dead skin.

Blueberries and prunes: low on the GI and an ABUNDANCE of anti-oxidants. The great thing is, an entire cup of blueberries has only 20 grams of CHO. Buy a large bag of frozen blueberries and you can save a lot of money. Prunes actually have DOUBLE the amount of anti-oxidants of blueberries... I just love both so much.

Granted, acai has by far the most amount of anti-oxidants, but again, "most bang for the buck" also takes cost into consideration. It's quite expensive in itself and I think blueberries and prunes are well enough.

Great choices for sure, I would add organic just ripe fuji apples. And I personally love pears of all varieties. Not as high in anti's but still good choices, lot's of fiber as well. Blueberries are my fav, when not in-season, I too purchase the frozen large bags... Myosin is right, only 70cals per CUP and around 17-20 g carbs and a blast of free-radical fighting anti-oxidants.

P.S. Myosin, if you re'visit this thread, thank you for the info you provided me thru pm, just realized I forgot to show my appreciation. THANKS my friend...

I love pineapples

Myosin, what could you tell me about grapefruit and mango?

i second this. pineapple and mango are my favorite fruits. grapefruit is starting to grow on me as well.

I'm an Idiot for One...

Thank you Ivan! Duh! Mango's are GREAT too... they contain a proteolytic enzyme as well to help with protein digestion... the problem is the cost. They are not too bad on the glycemic index and of course when taken with protein it goes even lower. The asian stores also have a mango soap for the same reason as papaya soap. The other thing I know about mango's is that when I'm in the Philippines visiting my wife's family, they are cheaper than anything and more sweet than anything... best there is.

Grapefruit-
Anti-oxidant perspective: not that impressive, average. Blueberries have about 5 times more and prunes almost 10 times more.

Anti-inflammatory: not that impressive either. It doesn't really contain any proteolytic enzymes (or enough to do any benefit).

Some might think it is acidic which would help would help with protein digestion, BUT, you would be surprised- grapefruit is actually ALKALINE and not acidic.

It is low on the GI though and you can eat a large grapefruit for only maybe 30 grams of carbs d/t the majority of its size coming from water.

:)

Great choices for sure, I would add organic just ripe fuji apples. And I personally love pears of all varieties. Not as high in anti's but still good choices, lot's of fiber as well. Blueberries are my fav, when not in-season, I too purchase the frozen large bags... Myosin is right, only 70cals per CUP and around 17-20 g carbs and a blast of free-radical fighting anti-oxidants.

P.S. Myosin, if you re'visit this thread, thank you for the info you provided me thru pm, just realized I forgot to show my appreciation. THANKS my friend...

Haha, N/P W8! I know how it goes :)

Wonderful news!

Thanks Myosin! I absolutely love Mangos, now I just need to learn a better way to extract the fruit from that wedge of a pit without making such a mess. I had this pomegranite kick for awhile, then switched to mangos. I snack on fruit a lot actually. I always have some fruit in the house.

My top 10 (in order):

#1. Mango
#2. Pineapple
#3. Grapefruit
#4. Strawberry
#5. Orange
#6. Kiwi
#7. Pear
#8. Apricot
#9. Peach
#10. Cherry

You just gave me an idea for a thread too lol, about healthy snacks. :)

And for the fruit I do not usually eat

I wonder about their value...

Watermelon?
Nectarine?
Starfruit?
Banana?
Cantaloupe?
Honeydew?
Tangerine?
Apple?
Grape?

I know w8 mentioned fuji apples, and I eat those from time to time too. I stay away from plums/prunes, and I actually like blueberry, so I am going to go get some :)

Bananas are my favorite!

They also contain bromelain for protein digestion just like pineapples!

Great source of potassium for best muscle contraction and nerve transmission

I love them preworkout with whey! Gets me a little bit of protein, good carbs, and a little bit of healthy fat preworkout

Bananas + whey (sometimes R-ALA 200mg or so) combo 1-2 hrs preworkout always gives me a great pump and awesome overall workout

Thanks Myosin! I absolutely love Mangos, now I just need to learn a better way to extract the fruit from that wedge of a pit without making such a mess. I had this pomegranite kick for awhile, then switched to mangos. I snack on fruit a lot actually. I always have some fruit in the house.

My top 10 (in order):

#1. Mango
#2. Pineapple
#3. Grapefruit
#4. Strawberry
#5. Orange
#6. Kiwi
#7. Pear
#8. Apricot
#9. Peach
#10. Cherry

You just gave me an idea for a thread too lol, about healthy snacks. :)

i like youre list, but my top 10 are

1. mango
2. pineapple
3. raspberry
4. blackberry
5. blueberry
6. kiwi
7. some apples
8. nectarine
9. asian pear
10. blood orange

I love fruit but stay away from it because of the sugar, I've never checked the g.i. on any of it, I like peaches and plums. I eat bananas everyday in my oatmeal, they're a staple. I could get into having some pineapple...

Papaya is sweet and is richer in Vitamin C. The vitamins found in papaya are A, B9, C, E, K and its also a great source of dietary fiber. I forget what the exact count is per piece of fruit. It also has good amounts of calcium, potassium, phosphate, magnesium, copper and even iron. So eat some papaya after meals to promote digestion and help the body to get nutrients. The fiber in papaya also helps to eliminate all the waste products which could cause diseases if not eliminated.

Re-look?

Bananas are my favorite!

They also contain bromelain for protein digestion just like pineapples!

Great source of potassium for best muscle contraction and nerve transmission

I love them preworkout with whey! Gets me a little bit of protein, good carbs, and a little bit of healthy fat preworkout

Bananas + whey (sometimes R-ALA 200mg or so) combo 1-2 hrs preworkout always gives me a great pump and awesome overall workout

Hi OK, thanks for the input... can I ask you to re-look at banana and bromelain? From what I've seen I believe pineapple is the only fruit with this enzyme.

Don't get me wrong- banana's are great as they have pre-biotic's in them... great for gut health.

i love Bannana's & Pinapple...

Lots of dark blues, dark purples and dark reds, after my work out. Highest in anti oxidants, great fiber, doesn't spike sugar. I'll have to try pineapple since I'm a grass fed beef eater, cool tip.

How about Avocado and tomatoes ???.....two of the best fruit

Bang for the buck

How about Avocado and tomatoes ???.....two of the best fruit

Of course kal el... they're GREAT! Again though- my focus is on "the best bang for the buck" what would offer the highest amount of benefit's addressing the most needed aspects (inflammation and free radicals). As I said in the beginning though- plenty of good fruits, some will offer benefits that others don't, BUT as whole, - those three, in my opinion, address those two issues the most.

One Guide

**broken link removed**

Pineapple Bromelain Content...

Just read something very interesting... the bromelain in the pineapple is concentrated in the STEM. I personaly don't mind eating the stem.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
nohara5216
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws