over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anyone had benzo addiction? Advice?

AVelasques911

Registered
Firstly I'd like to say that I didn't become addicted to benzodiazapenes via recreational use. I'm pushing late thirties and have had severe bouts of anxiety since I was a kid. I've been on and off anti-depressants for years and put off benzos until my mid 20's when I just couldn't even function anymore.

At first I would just take some so I could have a life, so I could go on a date that involved actually leaving the house, or go to a family gathering etc. it mostly stayed that way and I could go days without them. I went through a lot this year and it's the first time I started taking 2-4mg of clonazepam every morning for about the past 6 months.

I don't feel good now. There's some obvious tolerance issues and I don't know if after thirty plus years I can really be without them, but I sure would go back to just using them as needed. The problem is I'm feeling really off now, having dizzy spells has been the worst.... even at the gym I'm having to hold on to things while walking around because it hits me suddenly and I feel kind of off balance.

I went to my doctors. Bloodwork is perfect as always (self-prescribed TRT, they don't know..... legit, 100mg per week TRT dose, no funny business, no tren replacement therapy lol) but as usual they just throw more anti-depressants at me. That stuff does nothing for me, in fact most of them just make me feel sick and worse.

So as I did with TRT I'm trying to take matters into my own hands. Planning on following the infamous ashton manual to taper off BUT I'd like to put together a really good natural supplement stack to help me while I taper...... and yes, I do plan on possibly including a high CBD herb into it. But this is where I'm looking for advice on anyone who has come off benzos or SSRI's, what would or did you take to ease the process. (I am also doing two thirty minutes of meditation daily)

I was never addicted but 10-20 of Roche valium sure helped with my insomnia...I don't even know how to get ahold of them anymore....

First, you need to get prescribed Ativan. It’s what we use to detox ETOH/opiate/benzo WDs

You can just do a simple titration. You were using 2-4mg klonopin? I’d start out with

.5mg, 8 hours later .5-1mg depending on sides, then 1mg pre bed.

Each couple days try to cut down .25-.5mg of each dose.

Look into vistaril instead of benzos for anxiety attacks (it’s like benadryls cousin)

I was "addicted" to clonazepam for about 5 years.

The short time frame most people give you is BANANAS.

I was taking 4-6mg ED for a few years for severe anxiety. When I eventually realized my anxiety was better, and I changed my life to eliminate factors associated with it, I leveled off at 2mg for 1 year.

Taking a few weeks or months is not easy. If you have a script, do it yourself, but SLOWWWWW.

Here's how I approached it in 2013 when I came off.

Months
1- 1.75mg ED
2- 1.5mg ED
3- 1.25mg ED
4- 1mg ED (at this point, ask your doctor for 1mg tabs)
5- .75mg ED
6- .5mg ED
7- .25mg ED
8. .125mg ED (I would crush up the clonazepam in an ever clear alcohol solution)

You'll want to stay on clonazepam. I've read that valium works well too, but long half lives are best. You don't want periods with nothing in your system.

Every month, when I made the dose drop, I struggled to fall asleep for the first week or so. Not complete insomnia, but falling asleep right away was difficult. I'd aim for bed around 10pm, but stay awake till 1-2am. You'll want to invest in some sleep aids (melatonin, 5-HTP, L-Theanine, phenibut, OTC sleep aids, etc).

The longer the adjustment phases, the least amount of discomfort you'll have. I still actually have my Rx, but do a good job controlling it. I didn't take any clonazepam for 1 year, then reintroduced it as necessary, never using more than 1-2 days per week. I've had the same Rx bottle for about 3-4 months now.

Read and re read the ashton manual go to fb and find a few benzo groups,

U need to slowly taper, and it may take years to honestly feel good again,

Also please find. A doc to help u in this because a lot says to taper to a longer acting benzo tht is easier to taper

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I feel I must chime in bc I have been on clonazepam since my mid teens for severe social anxiety and now in mid 30's I am finding it rather easy to taper off with low dose naltrexone. I dont know if its just me or what but its working. I am obv having sleep issues but started trazadone tonight and almost worked so there's something to think about. Can pm me if you like.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

First don't do cold turkey.. I got caught up with the benzo games years ago. It took me about a year to kick it. Do yourself a favor and register on benzobuddies. Loads of very good info. The only advice I can offer is to stay away from alcohol and caffeine during your taper. It only makes its harder. Trust me I've been there. Good luck.

Benzo withdrawals are no joke - if you suffer seizures, they can be life threatening. It's an easy trap to fall in to, 1mg Xanax a night to help you sleep can be a very slippery slope. The main problem is that the withdrawal can last a (very) long time, if you're on a short half-life benzo, you need to swap to diazepam (Valium) and do a long and slow taper to get off. I suffer from anxiety too, and benzos are an instant fix, but the downsides are very serious unless you plan to be on them indefinitely (and that's not recommended unless you can stick to the same dosage without increasing).

Benzos are no good long term and that is exactly what you are feeling now. You'll become a toxic feeling zombie eventually with your anxiety issues coming back at full force (unless you keep upping the dose, but then you'll be even more of a miserable zombie). It's a road to nowhere.

Cognitive behavioral therapy and maybe a controlled withdrawl in an inpatient facility are what you need. And maybe come to terms with your anxiety as well (CBT could be a massive help here), it's not the end of the world and it's not going to kill you. People have died from benzo-overdoses (respiratory failure). No one ever died from anxiety.

Good luck!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostriderTX