over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

A crazy question for Phil Hernon

This reminds me of the fact that for years every average guy seemed to claim 200lb at 10% at 5ft8-10 even though there were nothing close. 200lb at sub 5ft10 and a true sub 10% (bodpod, dexascan,underwater weighed not useless skin caliper tested) is actually very muscular.

Then consider that AAS gives "gear weight" those 10-20lb of extra weight in the form of glycogen and simple extra intercellular water. So a guy who is natural and lean at 200lb would no doubt be 220lb at the same leanness within 3 weeks of starting a cycle which is obviously even bigger. 200lb of natural muscle is a lot...

Is that you in the avatar?

Just judging from pics of most pros I have seen before they were on anything, they looked like skinny joe's. There are very few people you can look at and think they will go pro. It's all about genetic structure, amount of drugs, and response to drugs that determine who will be a pro

Just judging from pics of most pros I have seen before they were on anything, they looked like skinny joe's. There are very few people you can look at and think they will go pro. It's all about genetic structure, amount of drugs, and response to drugs that determine who will be a pro

Yeah that one video that the guru made shows a bunch of pros that were just skinny looking guys before they hormonized themselves.

Makes me wonder if maybe the guys who are natrually lean do have a higher insulin sensitivity that allows for more nutrients to the muscle making them able to get bigger than a guy who naturally carries a higher level of bodyfat.

Sucks for me cause I have always carried bodyfat real easily:(

I am no longer that large because I believe training natural is the way to go.
[/IMG]

Are you now completely natural?

How come you have changed your stance? I have never personally met a young guy of your size who has willingly chosen to do this, so am interested.

Are you now completely natural?

How come you have changed your stance? I have never personally met a young guy of your size who has willingly chosen to do this, so am interested.

I broke my spine skiing last year and during my rehab time I realized that shortening my life span to have big muscles is not worth it.
I still train like a beast, eat like a bodybuilder...hell I own a gym here in NC.
I just personally prefer the natural route and if I could go back to my teen years I would just have gone and competed with life time drug free feds.
Drugs are for mugs...at least in my eyes:p

I use some supplements that help boost my test levels.
Nettle root extract, DIM, obviously tons and tons of supplements such as EAA and bcaa but nothing hormonal.

I broke my spine skiing last year and during my rehab time I realized that shortening my life span to have big muscles is not worth it.
I still train like a beast, eat like a bodybuilder...hell I own a gym here in NC.
I just personally prefer the natural route and if I could go back to my teen years I would just have gone and competed with life time drug free feds.
Drugs are for mugs...at least in my eyes:p

I use some supplements that help boost my test levels.
Nettle root extract, DIM, obviously tons and tons of supplements such as EAA and bcaa but nothing hormonal.

Thanks, very interesting that you say you would never had done them in the first place if you could go back.

I remember you from absolutely years ago posting on powerlifting uk, i think you had around a 340kg DL at 90kg BW or similar - immense!

Thanks, very interesting that you say you would never had done them in the first place if you could go back.

I remember you from absolutely years ago posting on powerlifting uk, i think you had around a 340kg DL at 90kg BW or similar - immense!

Yep I used to compete in powerlifting as a teen.
Even though I broke my spine I still love deadlifts.
2 days ago I did 315lb for 300 reps, I feel it today, there are many ways to train besides just going super heavy:D

Yep I used to compete in powerlifting as a teen.
Even though I broke my spine I still love deadlifts.
2 days ago I did 315lb for 300 reps, I feel it today, there are many ways to train besides just going super heavy:D

LOL how long did that take?! How many sets did you break it down into?

I did 405 DL for 50 reps as singles once and was fucked the next day! Main problem was I didn't have any chalk so my hands were wrecked. May try it with 475-500 soon i think, but 50 will be plenty forget 300 haha.

LOL how long did that take?! How many sets did you break it down into?

I did 405 DL for 50 reps as singles once and was fucked the next day! Main problem was I didn't have any chalk so my hands were wrecked. May try it with 475-500 soon i think, but 50 will be plenty forget 300 haha.

Sets between 10-5 reps, took me 2 hours.
I was doing sets every 30 seconds at the start and every 3 minutes at the end:D

So Cornelius, did you decide about 2 days before the Arnold that you were going to go "all natural" ?

I was all natural for 9 months at that stage.
192lb at 5ft8.
Honestly I couldn't care any less if you think I am natural there or not...I was simply replying to burst.
I have better things to do than go on bb forums and try and pretend to be natural to a bunch of steroid users....does the fact that I did it natural make any difference at all? No it does not.

Any way I don't feel comfortable having my pictures on this site so I am taking them down.
EDIT: I am unable to edit my post. Could a mod please delete my pictures from the post. I am sorry to be a pain.

Last edited:
You look great there, bro. Don't worry about it.

My question initially to Phil was more along the lines of how big he thought he could get naturally, and still have a "guest posing" type of condition. Not really a contest shape weight, but a good condition off season weight. I asked Phil because he seems to be on the 1% end of the bodybuilding good genetics spectrum for muscle mass.

I was all natural for 9 months at that stage.
192lb at 5ft8.
Honestly I couldn't care any less if you think I am natural there or not...I was simply replying to burst.
I have better things to do than go on bb forums and try and pretend to be natural to a bunch of steroid users....does the fact that I did it natural make any difference at all? No it does not.

Any way I don't feel comfortable having my pictures on this site so I am taking them down.
EDIT: I am unable to edit my post. Could a mod please delete my pictures from the post. I am sorry to be a pain.

You look great there, bro. Don't worry about it.

My question initially to Phil was more along the lines of how big he thought he could get naturally, and still have a "guest posing" type of condition. Not really a contest shape weight, but a good condition off season weight. I asked Phil because he seems to be on the 1% end of the bodybuilding good genetics spectrum for muscle mass.

Thanks, plus I was still 8% body fat there. My upper gets lean first, I had a dexascan done and at 192lb I was 8% so in bb shape I would have been a middle weight. If a person doesn't believe that a guy in his 20s cannot be middle weight sized naturally after being a heavy weight he has some diet and training issues.

In the future I may ger hrt but until then I will compete smaller and natural. I never was going to turn pro so it's all for personal satisfaction ny way. Plus I am not a cheat so you would never see me compete in a fed where I was breaking rules.

Last edited:
Thanks, plus I was still 8% body fat there. My upper gets lean first, I had a dexascan done and at 192lb I was 8% so in bb shape I would have been a middle weight. If a person doesn't believe that a guy in his 20s cannot be middle weight sized naturally after being a heavy weight he has some diet and training issues.

Completely natural is different from being hormonized to the gills then going back natural ... Once you hypertrophy a muscle with anabolics then stop but continue to train hard eat big you can still keep size..

But you are looking great ...

After all the questions Phil has been asked through the yrs. Well.... im sure it gets "old" repeating himself a zillion times.:confused:
But I always listen when he speaks.

Completely natural is different from being hormonized to the gills then going back natural ... Once you hypertrophy a muscle with anabolics then stop but continue to train hard eat big you can still keep size..

But you are looking great ...

For x amount of time, not permanently

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
LoneWolf22
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner