over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

long head bicep tear

275bills

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys. Well 5 weeks ago I tore the long head of the bicep off my shoulder doing bb curl. On the 9th rep I felt some shoulder tightness and then a huge popping on the 10th. Had the surgery a week and half ago. So far everything is going well. Still able to do cardio and certain legs exercises and train the left side of my body in a controled pumping fashion. I'm just looking for some feedback from people that have had this injury and the surgery. Thanks guys

mine was on the back half 2 months ago, ruptured tricep tendon... one suggestion is go to costco and get their kirkland glucosamine/msm tub, vit-C tub, and their one a day fish oil caps... I've been running 6-9g of the glucosamine... yeah, 8-12 horse pills lol split 2-4 times a day, I usually pop a 1g of vit-c with them as well as 1 of the fish oil... I usually shoot for two a day doses of each but if being really chill around the house then throw in extra dose middle of the day.... HRT levels of test will help and if you can get some var then low dose is all you need of that too 20-25mg/day... personally been on the regiment since surgery along with low dose deca and I'm already a few weeks ahead of the of the curve, which frankly may not seem like much but I'll take it

my close friend had this surgery and shrugged it off.he ended up tearing his entire bicep to his shoulder and rested a year to 18 months. My advice ... Take a rest from heavy lifting

I have a detached Upper long head tendon. It happened during rehab after my 3rd shoulder surgery. I got the opinions of 2 surgeons and decided not to repair it due to the shoulder surgeries/issues.
I would guess that my left arm is about 10% weaker than my right. The biceps looks and is shaped alot different now.
If you don't have any other issues with that arm I would definitely have the surgery, My understanding is that time is of the essence and it should be repaired asap.

I tore my bicep tendon 9 years ago at the top and the front where it ties in to the shoulder. I was fighting and they sent me to a doctor who was this big huge WWE fan. So, he would treat all the WWE guys for free. Anyways, he told me that since you have two tendons that tie the bicep to the shoulder. Missing one, is not the worst thing in the world. In fact, he said that Big Papa Pump and Hulk Hogan attribute there large biceps to that same bicep tear.
I never got mine fixed. I have about 10% less strength and a really freaky peak. The bicep looks huge compared to my other one, especially when I lift with it.
Other than that, it is fine!

I tore my bicep tendon 9 years ago at the top and the front where it ties in to the shoulder. I was fighting and they sent me to a doctor who was this big huge WWE fan. So, he would treat all the WWE guys for free. Anyways, he told me that since you have two tendons that tie the bicep to the shoulder. Missing one, is not the worst thing in the world. In fact, he said that Big Papa Pump and Hulk Hogan attribute there large biceps to that same bicep tear.
I never got mine fixed. I have about 10% less strength and a really freaky peak. The bicep looks huge compared to my other one, especially when I lift with it.

So gene simmons got his underside of tongue slit for anesthetic appearances and all you need to do for better peaks is get get a little slit to your bi's...LOL

regardless of tear, if you have a trustworthy ortho dr who has extensive dealings with athletes like college, semi pro, pro etc and they recommend surgery then by all means go for it.. its shitty in the short run but in the long run you'll be much better off.... I;ve been brace free for a few weeks now so have no range of motion restrictions anymore which I contribute to my supplement regiment, but as far as any kind of condition, I still treat my arm like its gimp status.. I was told by both my ortho and PT guy Im probably in the 80-85%range so any issues at this point will just be microscopic and no way to tell until it resurfaces later down the road.... which is what happened the first time over a course of 16mo so not going down that road again...

... luckily its my right arm and I;m left hand dominant but still refrain from all ambidextrous movements that require more than a few pounds of effort... so mainly just bathing/daily living activities.. I have a pretty little scar about 6 long centered on my elbow, but glad my dr used staples to minimize scaring

mine was on the back half 2 months ago, ruptured tricep tendon... one suggestion is go to costco and get their kirkland glucosamine/msm tub, vit-C tub, and their one a day fish oil caps... I've been running 6-9g of the glucosamine... yeah, 8-12 horse pills lol split 2-4 times a day, I usually pop a 1g of vit-c with them as well as 1 of the fish oil... I usually shoot for two a day doses of each but if being really chill around the house then throw in extra dose middle of the day.... HRT levels of test will help and if you can get some var then low dose is all you need of that too 20-25mg/day... personally been on the regiment since surgery along with low dose deca and I'm already a few weeks ahead of the of the curve, which frankly may not seem like much but I'll take it

Cool bro, I'll get some of that msm combo. Already taking the vit c and fish oil. Let me know how your progress goes

Yup my peak was a lot bigger but still just didn't look right for my liking. Plus just knowing the tendon is not attached doesn't sit well with me lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
saltseeker
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131