over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Those who like Peptopro...

Adonis89

Registered
Anyone compare results using Peptopro with this:

**broken link removed**

It's a hydrolyzed whey containing 50% BCAA. What they don't seem to dislcose is the % of hydrolyzed peptides. Makes me trust peptopro a little more...but still curious if anyone has tried this.

Maybe a mix of both like 75%/25% Peptopro/beta-whey 9300 would be cool to try for the added BCAA content.

Man, I thought pepto was expensive.

It would definitely be interesting to see the results and compare, but I don't know if the return on investment is worth it. Depends on how you respond/absorb and your personal tastes though.

I take VPX No Synthasize it contains Pepto Pro it is a very great intra workout product.

**broken link removed**

It's a hydrolyzed whey containing 50% BCAA. What they don't seem to dislcose is the % of hydrolyzed peptides. Makes me trust peptopro a little more...but still curious if anyone has tried this.

Maybe a mix of both like 75%/25% Peptopro/beta-whey 9300 would be cool to try for the added BCAA content.

Looks suspect to me...I'll stick to PeptoPro.

True Nutrition used to carry it... maybe it is just out of stock now.

I love my Pepto Pro.....

That being said, with impending shoulder surgery I am seeing not much difference using de-bitterized hydrolized protein from True Nutrition... Granted I cant squat, deadlift or bench but I do have some pretty intense leg workouts without the soreness I would expect.

That being said 75/25 hydro and pepto may be my mix when I can get back into full bore training.

I'm finding that after I cleaned up my GI issues, my diet ended up looking a lot more like one that would benefit from intra workout carbs (since I do best limiting them at other times during the day).

I definitely see how something like peptopro is better than EAA, and I like that it's made by DSM with credibility and transparency on the molecular weight and the % of peptides per serving. I think that's the issue with most hydrolyzed proteins available - we just know those things.

Also, I'm not sure why True Nutrition doesn't include tryptophan in their EAA blend -same with many suppliers. I think this is less than ideal.

Peptopro seems a little low in leucine/BCAA, per serving, which is why I thought the aforementioned combination would be synergistic. The cost of that hydrowhey with high BCAA content is high though...maybe just adding some BCAA or EAA to the peptopro would do the trick. Or...maybe its not even necessary. It seems that guys build up to using 25+g of peptopro intraworkout over time and at servings of that size, the leucine dose is good.

Last edited:
Well you can get 2.2 pounds of luecine malate from tn's facebook page right now for 25 bucks, and 1 pound of peptopro is 24 bucks and that would last a long time. Personally, i dont think you would ever need to go over about 12-15 grams of peptopro with and additional 2-3 grams of luecine. Personally, I get great results with 12 grams of peptopro intraworkout with 70 grams of karboload, and then 50 grams of karboload with 40 grams of isolate post workout

Well you can get 2.2 pounds of luecine malate from tn's facebook page right now for 25 bucks, and 1 pound of peptopro is 24 bucks and that would last a long time. Personally, i dont think you would ever need to go over about 12-15 grams of peptopro with and additional 2-3 grams of luecine. Personally, I get great results with 12 grams of peptopro intraworkout with 70 grams of karboload, and then 50 grams of karboload with 40 grams of isolate post workout

This is pretty much what I do intra workout, 1 scoop pepto 2 scoop karboload 5g leucine, 5g citrulline and 4g beta alanine.
That's pretty affordable and it works very well.

is this all while on insulin? or you guys just use this for the boost during your workout?

I use insulin right now, but I still do a similar protocol when not on insulin

Very few actually disclose (or even know) the % of hydrolysis or what the molecular weight is.

They do state that it has a average MW of 16,000 daltons. According to a recent article I read, they mentioned that a whey that is 4% hydrolyzed would have a MW of 15,000 daltons.

**broken link removed**

is this all while on insulin? or you guys just use this for the boost during your workout?

Insulin is not a must.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah...what he said!

Aikman, why is there a picture of a jacked and shredded Gary Busey as your avatar? :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

ya VPX has two products that are basically the same but one has stims for "pre-workout" and one without stims for "intra-workout". They both contain 20g of pepto-pro and they taste pretty darn good...especially since pepto pro tastes like an orange peel.

ya VPX has two products that are basically the same but one has stims for "pre-workout" and one without stims for "intra-workout". They both contain 20g of pepto-pro and they taste pretty darn good...especially since pepto pro tastes like an orange peel.

Is this Synthesize? last I checked it had "20g protein" but if you look at the label it's coming from some ambiquous hydro whey, hydro casein, EAA and a bunch of other ergogenic stuff like Taurine. Have they updated it?

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
crankyfranky28
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws