advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Dextrose, Karbolyn or Vitargo after Insulin?

Bump for Mike Arnold :headbang:

NYM, sounds like what would happen to me if I didnt get the right carb in soon enough. I used to eat something too in morning but it would take to long to digest. I sort of felt like I was chasing the hypo feeling sucking down my intra shake sooner and it would make my workout a bit less productive.

I do the cream of rice but havent done slin in over a year. I do think it digests easier so worth a try. 1-2 servings with a scoop of whey and some choc LBAs is tasty too! :)

I will add i was also on humalog but seeing what Mike A said I will try humilin R next time and space my carbs out a bit more.

Just picked up a 64 oz water bottle too. I had a 32 oz i would sip some, add in another 5 oz, then do it a few times but its a pita sometimes so the 64oz ill use on higher carb days

So I'm starting to really learn how my body reacts to slin and certain carbs.

Typically i take 10iu fasted am then go to gym with intra drink (hbcd plus tons of other stuff) in hand. Today instead I had 1 bag of cream of wheat plus a scoop of whey at 7 am.

8am 10iu of Humalog then down my pre-workout pump mix. Started sipping intra in car in gym parking lot at 815am.

I always notice the first half of my workout I'll have a groggy feeling then 2nd half the carbs kick in and I feel ok. So I may start sipping sooner.

Workout ends at 10am. 10:20 am I drink 90gms of hydro whey in water.

I'm noticing Humalog still kicks in pretty strong.. after 11am today felt low blood sugar. So checked my blood glucose it was 48. Checked it again this time getting blood from my bicep and not finger and it was 66. Not sure why it varied so much. Popped a 4gm dextrose pill and felt as if I was normalizing within minutes.

So looks like 3 hours post slin shot it's still kicking in pretty hard.

Is this normal with Humalog? Maybe I'll add some carbs to my hydro drink. I like HBCD intra but find Karbolyn is better for me when downing a shake real fast and not worrying about being on the bowl right after.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

Just my 2c, but my BB coach has me take Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin right after Humalog pre workout, and other times when i cant get a meal in with the proper carbs. Works awesome, ZERO bloat, costs almost twice as much as Karbolyn......but now that i think about it, the Karbolyn was working just fine as well. Probably your best bet as a second option, depending on your goals, slin use, etc. Straight dextrose will make you fat/bloated if you are carb sensitive like me. 25 mcg/day T3 along with daily GH is keeping me lean anyway.

Just my 2c, but my BB coach has me take Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin right after Humalog pre workout, and other times when i cant get a meal in with the proper carbs. Works awesome, ZERO bloat, costs almost twice as much as Karbolyn......but now that i think about it, the Karbolyn was working just fine as well. Probably your best bet as a second option, depending on your goals, slin use, etc. Straight dextrose will make you fat/bloated if you are carb sensitive like me. 25 mcg/day T3 along with daily GH is keeping me lean anyway.

off topic but how much GH do you take addams?

It makes sense, log is active for 3 hours, so you should spread the carbs out a little more.

John Meadows uses cream of rice pre, maybe try that as it will digest faster (faster than cream of wheat) and you might not be groggy when you get to the gym. You usually go faster, so i am guessing that you felt groggy because you had food in your stomach, just a guess though... I cant eat anything within an hour of going to the gym, i usually wait 90 minutes to 2 hours before i go. However Cream of Rice is the one thing that i can eat 60 minutes before and it not effect me, either that or a banana and a whey shake....

So I'm loving cream of rice. I never had it before until today. I love how it goes down easy. Had some with hydrowhey at 645am this morning after fasted cardio. 7:45am was 10iu humalog. Intra shake started shortly after. Post workout I had some more cream of rice and a few scoops of hydrowhey. I'm a fan for sure. Too bad it doesn't come flavored.

So I'm loving cream of rice. I never had it before until today. I love how it goes down easy. Had some with hydrowhey at 645am this morning after fasted cardio. 7:45am was 10iu humalog. Intra shake started shortly after. Post workout I had some more cream of rice and a few scoops of hydrowhey. I'm a fan for sure. Too bad it doesn't come flavored.

Love Cream of Rice. Good alternative to oats, and wont bloat ya either. Its been my pre workout carb for a while now.

What I'm wondering if I handle maltodextrin or dextrose well without any bloat or discomfort is there any added bodybuilding benefit to using hbcd instead or is it a waste of money at that point?

roast

Hey Nothuman, currently im at 4iu/ day....split doses. But recently my source became quicker w shipping times, so i will be bumping up to 6iu/day. Im on my 5th month now, just doubled my daily Humalog to not just pre workout , but post workout as well. Right now im doing 30iu Humalog/day.

Hey Nothuman, currently im at 4iu/ day....split doses. But recently my source became quicker w shipping times, so i will be bumping up to 6iu/day. Im on my 5th month now, just doubled my daily Humalog to not just pre workout , but post workout as well. Right now im doing 30iu Humalog/day.

What brand of GH do you use?

What I'm wondering if I handle maltodextrin or dextrose well without any bloat or discomfort is there any added bodybuilding benefit to using hbcd instead or is it a waste of money at that point?

roast

Yes there is still added benefit to HBCDs. Read post #40 of this thread.

Just got my Intra MD, I picked the orange. Karbyolyn was my go to before, did you notice a difference between the two? I know its not the exact same product but any feedback or recommendations?

NYMuscle, i just switched from a generic green top, to these new Reds that my source actually went overseas for 2 weeks and checked them out and locked in on them. He and his partners all tested them via Labcorp, they were consistantly coming back at Serum GH scoring 40+. I believe thats the best generic now available just short of Geno's, which he has, but the price is ridiculous. I am actually switching from the green tops(tomorrow actually), which i tested my Serum GH @ Labcorp, it came back at a tad over 29. Im sorry but i threw out that paper a few months ago so i cant put it up. I am starting the Reds tomorrow upon waking. When i have an extra 10iu floating around, i will check these Red tops myself....and i know most ppl might say the same, but my source is really impeccable. May i ask what brand/dosage YOU use? If any? Thanks NY

Last edited:
I might have posted this already, but i do know for a fact i am quite carb sensitive, and since i switched from the original Dextrose to Karbolyn, i have zero bloat/fat gain. I know my body pretty well by now, and when i was using the Karbolyn right after my Humalog shot, and along with my intra workout nutrition, along with BCAAS, Glutamine, Kre Alkalyn Creatine, 25 g of whey protein isolate, i didnt feel bloated or gassy, and i was making it through my intense/heavy training no problems. If i ate so much as FIVE french fries from Wendy's i would be done. I also do know the T3/GH helps with the fatloss, but i can say with surety there is ZERO bloat anytime i ingest the Karbolyn, even at high doses. but needless to say, the Karbolyn FOR ME was an excellent choice, i recently switched to the prior mentioned carb source. Damn its expensive!

Last edited:
Sorry im jumping in on this thread waaay late, but a few bros mentioned digestion. Since i upped my Humalog to twice a day, obviously my meals/timing has increased. Im up to 6-7 meals a day. I know not everyone is the same, but how do some of you guys deal with digestion? I mean sometimes there is no way in hell my prior meal digested as i start my next. Anyone try natural digestive enzymes perhaps? Been having problems in this area for a few years now, am open to any ideas/ suggestions? Thanks

**broken link removed** ing.com/optimized-workout-nutrition-carbs-protein-revisited/

Would like to hear some educated opinions on this article. Basically says that carbs aren't needed pwo unless insulin is used as long as protein is consumed.

roast

I like that link Roast, wow my life would be easier if i COULD do that. Unfortunately its not possible for ME personally, because of the insulin. Good info there tho....

**broken link removed** ing.com/optimized-workout-nutrition-carbs-protein-revisited/

Would like to hear some educated opinions on this article. Basically says that carbs aren't needed pwo unless insulin is used as long as protein is consumed.

roast

Carbs are not needed post workout unless you are on slin.

May i ask what brand/dosage YOU use? If any? Thanks NY

No GH yet but waiting on greytops.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads