over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Berberine instead of Metformin

I have a bunch of metformin on its way :D Been using 1500 berbine for the past 3 months,,its ok.

Ive been on 1k-1.5k SR met for 3 weeks now. Zero GI issues. Fasted BG is down 8 pts while being on 4IU black/mauve tops. Carbs are 400-500g ed currently.

Ive been on 1k-1.5k SR met for 3 weeks now. Zero GI issues. Fasted BG is down 8 pts while being on 4IU black/mauve tops. Carbs are 400-500g ed currently.

That’s awesome news! I just ordered 200 x 500mg SR tabs. These have a half life of about 6.5hrs

Was planing on taking 1 am , 1 noon and one pre bed

Is it ok to use both? I like berberine for its restoration of neurotransmitters benefit.

I choose Metformin really just because the price is so much less than Berberine.

And I can't believe anyone here would take what Bostin Lloyd says seriously, especially about a health topic like Metformin, lol. It's a fat burner and will only make your abs better.

Ive been experimenting with both rn. I deal with early morning riser syndrome (high BG levels in AM but they get low through the day). But ive noticed Berb actually being better for lowering my AM FBG levels as opposed to ER Metformin. Ive been dosing both with pre-bed meal. Nothing crazy just, berb seems to lower it 5-6 pts. vs the met. Using met at 500mg dose.

Is it ok to use both? I like berberine for its restoration of neurotransmitters benefit.

Never heard of this benefit? Interested, do you possibly have any links where I could read more about this particular benefit? Or at least point me in the direction where you read or heard about it? I’d like to check it out - I’m happy taking my metformin, but always looking for ways to enhance neurotransmitters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never heard of this benefit? Interested, do you possibly have any links where I could read more about this particular benefit? Or at least point me in the direction where you read or heard about it? I’d like to check it out - I’m happy taking my metformin, but always looking for ways to enhance neurotransmitters

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/berberine-19-health-benefits-of-berberine-with-references/

Believe number 3 says it and it has references linked in it

Last edited:
Berberine decrees muscle protein synthesis( ampk). Metformin lowers igf and fucks with receptors. I quit using both. R ala and cinnamon along with low carb in the morning have been working so far.

https://examine.com/supplements/berberine/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/26616870/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24535622/

I’m pretty sure it works. Took it once and didn’t have too many carbs and started to notice myself go kinda hypo.....

I have some cause it’s cheap, but I don’t use it anymore really because of how It decreases / stops mtor by activating AMPK.

Not recommended. Off the top of my head I can't recall why but I know Stewie talked about it.

Berberine decrees muscle protein synthesis( ampk). Metformin lowers igf and fucks with receptors. I quit using both. R ala and cinnamon along with low carb in the morning have been working so far.

Intense training offsets the negative with AMPK with Berberine and you can take L-Leucine/EAA with it as well.

Metformin lowering IGF is overblown and needs to die. Again, if worried, take L-Leucine/EAA with it for mTOR.

Not recommended. Off the top of my head I can't recall why but I know Stewie talked about it.

Intense training offsets the negative with AMPK with Berberine and you can take L-Leucine/EAA with it as well.

Metformin lowering IGF is overblown and needs to die. Again, if worried, take L-Leucine/EAA with it for mTOR.

Seems like the combo is beneficial

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5742731/

The info you're looking for is at your fingertips. I described a simple explanation in the thread below.

With all drugs, three basic actions that take place; absorption, distribution and elimination. Disrupting one of these steps can either enhance the drug's effects or decrease the drug's effects and/or set the stage for side effects.

In this particular case, metformin is distributed to target tissue via OCT1/2. Berberine inhibits this action.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/143468-berberine-metformin.html

Steaks I know you are a dann of metformin. I switched back to metformin but this time I got sustained release.

What would you say the top 3 or 4 reasons Metformin is better that berberine?

I noticed after being on berberine for a while my stomach gets sour after eating foods that have a little spice. Strange this never happened before Berberine.

Steaks I know you are a dann of metformin. I switched back to metformin but this time I got sustained release.

What would you say the top 3 or 4 reasons Metformin is better that berberine?

I noticed after being on berberine for a while my stomach gets sour after eating foods that have a little spice. Strange this never happened before Berberine.

I presume you're asking my opinion?

For openings, I don't have a vendetta against berberine. It has very interesting biochemical and pharmacological properties. I choose not to use it.

To concisely answer your question of the main reasons I prefer metformin over berberine.

One is the unknown of purity and accurate dosage. I know when I take 500mg of metformin, that's exactly what's the manufacturer (pharmaceutical company) has precisely imbeaded in the drug.

The bioavailability in-itself of berberine is quite low, in contrast to metformin. By using adjuvants to enhance the bioavailability such as P-Glycoprotein inhibitors, in which can potentially impact other drugs one may be taking. This also coincides with the drug-drug interactions of select isoenzymes of cytochrome p450 and organic cation transporter 1/2, in which berberine mucks-up.

Then there's the belief it can fuk-up thee testicular biosynthesis of 3β-HSD and 17β-HSD1, possibly expressing higher aromatase activity. At least shown in animal models. Dunno if we can readily extrapolate this to human, tho the catalysis of animal hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase expression is exceptionally similar to humans.

Berberine has unique properties, tho for my intended purposes, I'll choose metformin over berberine.

Last edited:
I presume you're asking my opinion?

For openings, I don't have a vendetta against berberine. It has very interesting biochemical and pharmacological properties. I choose not to use it.

To concisely answer your question of the main reasons I prefer metformin over berberine.

One is the unknown of purity and accurate dosage. I know when I take 500mg of metformin, that's exactly what's the manufacturer (pharmaceutical company) has precisely imbeaded in the drug.

The bioavailability in-itself of berberine is quite low, in contrast to metformin. By using adjuvants to enhance the bioavailability such as P-Glycoprotein inhibitors, in which can potentially impact other drugs one may be taking. This also coincides with the drug-drug interactions of select isoenzymes of cytochrome p450 and organic cation transporter 1/2, in which berberine mucks-up.

Then there's the belief it can fuk-up thee testicular biosynthesis of 3β-HSD and 17β-HSD1, possibly expressing higher aromatase activity. At least shown in animal models. Dunno if we can readily extrapolate this to human, tho the catalysis of animal hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase expression is exceptionally similar to humans.

Berberine has unique properties, tho for my intended purposes, I'll choose metformin over berberine.

Thanks Stewie sorry my phones auto correct and put steaks lol.
I am waiting on my Metformin 500mg sustained release to get here.
What would your recommendation be to take? Was thinking one in the am and one in the pm ???

The info you're looking for is at your fingertips. I described a simple explanation in the thread below.

With all drugs, three basic actions that take place; absorption, distribution and elimination. Disrupting one of these steps can either enhance the drug's effects or decrease the drug's effects and/or set the stage for side effects.

In this particular case, metformin is distributed to target tissue via OCT1/2. Berberine inhibits this action.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/143468-berberine-metformin.html

Berberine half-life is 1.5 to 3 hours and Metformin is six hours if you timed correctly what it work?

Thanks Stewie sorry my phones auto correctand put steaks lol.
I am waiting on my Metformin 500mg sustained release to get here.
What would your recommendation be to take? Was thinking one in the am and one in the pm ???

That happens more often than not with myself :(

I'm my own worst critic with spellcheck. After rereading what I grammatical fuked-up on my last post ---> ?imbeaded? ...I pondered...how the hell did that come up as a word!?! Supposed to be imbedded or embedded. Oh, well :eek:

Personally I'd assess if you are one of the unfortunate individuals that experiences gastrointestinal discomfort. So I'd start out with either 250mg a.m. and p.m. or one 500mg dose either a.m. or p.m. Then titrate your dose by 250mg twice per day or just add another 500mg to twice per day after 5-6 days if you're not having any G.I issues.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Testedunitedstates
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity