over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old School Supplements

$4, roughly $40 in current money?

Yea, desiccated live tablets. Gironda got me started on this. The worst
farts ever :( Ate them several times a day by the handful. Again
zero results.
Yeah, same here. I took a lot of those liver tablets back in the 80s. I got all my stuff at GNC. Another biggie was orchic gland tabs! Royal Jelly and Bee's Pollen were some others. In the late 80s I had graduated to taking Boron!

Going back a long long time ago. And I know protein supplements have become way better
but this is what I remember using, Bob Hoffman’s ‘Hi-Protein’ protein powder. Nasty tasting
stuff. Don’t remember the ingredients, but probably not the best. He also had a fish-based
protein power which was even worse tasting :(

Anybody remember this?

Since then, I have tried the latest and the ‘greatest’ protein supplement’s with zero results
but they did taste better.

What worked best for me were real whole foods.

Historically interesting: https://physicalculturestudy.com/2016/06/15/soy-science-and-selling-bob-hoffmans-hi-proteen-powder/

View attachment 114860
A fish based protein powder... I can only imagine the shitty taste of it :ROFLMAO:

What I mostly remember are all the prohormones that were legal back then and specifically M1T, that shit was golden!

Ahhhh yes, GHB sold at my friends store....how I wish that was still available. The dog food size bags of the mega mass crap, it was like 2 cups of powder per serving (something like that)...I remember feeling like crap after ingesting all that sugar. Eas had those creatine gummies phospha gems, loved those things.

does anyone remember SoCal nutrition? They had a liquid creatine, that at one time was all over the mags...orange flavored if I remember correctly.

Anyone ever use clear shot? Burnt going down some like whiskey, but it lit you up!! It had dmaa in it. You only used like a cap full

Smilax that stuff tasted terrible

Yep, but people sucked it down because it increased your testosterone levels like 10 fold or something like that, lol! I was actually one of those.

Yohimbe was pretty big in the late 80s too. They marketed that like it was supposed to increase your natural testosterone levels. That's the one Ive talked about before that I ordered from Mexico and it really turned out to be Methyl Testosterone tabs! Read in the paper about 1 month later how they got busted. Luckily I had bought 2 bottles, right out of the back of Joe Weider's Muscle and Fitness Magazine!

who remembers the first generation of protein bars? back then sugar alcohols were not used in many products and definitely not in protein bars. I loved the Pure Protein White Chocolate bar. that thing tasted so good! then a few years later Detour bars hit the scene and things changed (maybe not for the better).

TRIBESTAN?
Anyone use that?
I remember Milos trying just about everything (back in those days) to get Ursula his wife pregnant.
When our very own Emeric handed him Tribestan and 4 weeks latter, like magic . Milos called with the good news :).

Ultimate Orange, ZMA, Andro heat, the GNC by my house the owner always wore a white lab coat man did I think he knew it all...

RIP Fuel by Twin Labs. This was my gateway to exploring other supplements.

Anyone remember when GHB was OTC? It was called Blue Thunder and promoted as a sleep aid for post workout recovery

I remember buying that too at the GNC I shopped at back then. Too bad it started getting abused and used for other purposes. Best sleep of my life!

RIP Fuel by Twin Labs. This was my gateway to exploring other supplements.

Yep, didn't help that you could pick it up on any Walmart or grocery store shelf. Literally all thermos had ephedrine in them back then, you couldn't avoid it if you wanted to. Damn good stuff, though!

Weider's Mega Mass 2000 in the buckets. Then later they went to bags for a refill.
Anyone remember a product called Endo Pro in the early 90's? It was spiked with something some claimed it was Cyclofenil.

Ultimate Orange, ZMA, Andro heat, the GNC by my house the owner always wore a white lab coat man did I think he knew it all...
Lol, I remember the lab coats. That was back in the 80s here. I worked at GNC in the early 90s and they weren't doing that anymore.

I remember how we stored the kits that were supposed to clean your piss for drug tests behind the counter. People would steal them if we didnt keep them hidden.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Nightprowler7
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131