over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

old school nutrition

His training approach became so radical that he had his clients train once a week and alternated 2 workouts. Workout 1 was close grip underhand pulldowns and squats 1 set each to failure. Workout 2 was Deadlifts and weighted dips 1 set each to failure. Real radical stuff. Minimalist routine
Totally agree. I've always had a soft spot for him. Even on topics he was incorrect on he certainly was a thinking and I always liked his presentation style and listening to him speak. That said, (and while I use a more HIT type approach) his style was so extreme that in that same video he talks about the program you mention he even gets into training once every 14 days. I guess it's like anything in the past you can pull nuggets of info that are valuable for you (me) and disregard the rest. BUt yeah totally agree...it got pretty whacky there at the end.

Totally agree. I've always had a soft spot for him. Even on topics he was incorrect on he certainly was a thinking and I always liked his presentation style and listening to him speak. That said, (and while I use a more HIT type approach) his style was so extreme that in that same video he talks about the program you mention he even gets into training once every 14 days. I guess it's like anything in the past you can pull nuggets of info that are valuable for you (me) and disregard the rest. BUt yeah totally agree...it got pretty whacky there at the end.
Yup that last routine was what he called his “consolidation routine”. You kept progressively overloading until you worked out once every 2 weeks. I think the routine is laid out in a book he wrote called “muscles in minutes”. I have read several of mentzers book. Was a very intelligent guy. Just got a little off kilter in the end

You been watching that John Little youtube page? It's a great resource for old Mentzer stuff. I do think, overall, if you train really hard and have adequate calories you will see major gains....if you have great genetics + drugs, you could have an insane physique. That said, I also think health, longevity, and body composition would be even better with a more optimal diet. At the end of the day if you get the right amount of calories you could certainly eat some carrot cake and coffee for breakfast. I still don't think it's ideal but you'd still progress.
Yes sir exactly what I been watching. Can't get enough of it.

Yes sir exactly what I been watching. Can't get enough of it.

Me too man! I love it. If any of you are interested the youtube page is John Little and it has a huge archive of old mentzer stuff. I'm of a HIT guy with very high frequency so I don't follow a lot of the info but man it does have some gems in there and just a cool perspective from mike.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws