over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Old School Supplements

First anything I took was a mass gainer drink called "Bulk Up" I believe. Was in a tin can with maybe a greenish label and tasted terrible. After that diet pills (ripped fuel and diphenhydramine extreme and then lipodrene). Then DHEA and then the prohormones. Cant remember all of them.

Weider's Mega Mass 2000 in the buckets. Then later they went to bags for a refill.
Anyone remember a product called Endo Pro in the early 90's? It was spiked with something some claimed it was Cyclofenil.
Yeah, I bought those buckets a lot. Think it was a weight gainer. Taste wasn't too good and it mixed terrible.

I also bought his mega packs. GNC has some good bodybuilding packs too.

I bought Cybergenics in 90-91 IIR and threw away the pills that came with it but used the routine and got my leanest ever. Total overtraining.

Also tried Cyclofenil from ZOE Labs which had a mythology of being this hardcore company that made exotic stuff. Total garbage. Cyclofenil is a real anti-estrogen like Clomid, but this was fake.

Anybody remember Russian Bear that was advertised in every magazine in the 80s-early 90s.

Andro poppers by pinnacle labs. First prohormone I ever tried. Thought i was going to be Mr. Olympian after a bottle of this stuff. What I got as an empty wallet, complete garbage.

F334E5CC-5720-4097-A220-A5782229C8A4.gif I definitely remember this in all the mags, I was excited when I got this in the mail (ordering by phone, waiting like a week and a half for delivery)

What a GREAT thread...definitely brings back memories!!! I started getting serious about my weight training and supplements when I was a junior in high school in '86-'87...yeah that makes me 50! Anyway, I remember pretty much everything on the lists everyone has already posted and I've actually tried most of it too! I've often thought about all the frickin' money I've spent of supplement of the years...definitely a small fortune! And I actually worked at a GNC a couple years after high school so I could get the employee discount on supplements. Back then I trained in the evening and I remember using Ultimate Orange before every session. Another thing I used a lot back then was Twinlab Amino Fuel...those nasty liquid aminos. I kept a bottle of it in my gym bag and would chug some down any time I felt I needed some extra aminos. That shit was nasty! It was a yellowish-orange color and the consistency of snot! The early versions of this stuff was almost (to me) undrinkable but I did it anyway. The very first supplement I ever purchased and tried was Weider Crash Weight Gain Formula #7. I mixed it with whole milk and a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream. That stuff actually tasted pretty good for those early powders!

Gainers fuel, animal packs, ripped fuel, amino fuel, and my fav Russian dbol 😋

Twin lab amino fuel, yes! Definitely bought tons of that, it was thick, and it was an odd orange (almost brownish) color that would darken the longer you had it. The flavor was meant to be orange, but it tasted like some odd lab created nastiness. Almost like that fake orange you get with cough medicine, but much more concentrated. And like you, I took that with me in my bag, and would essentially take swigs of it through out the day. The memories!

and speaking of supps from the past, any one remember the flavone x chrysin products? Wow how much did they get hyped up!

What a GREAT thread...definitely brings back memories!!! I started getting serious about my weight training and supplements when I was a junior in high school in '86-'87...yeah that makes me 50! Anyway, I remember pretty much everything on the lists everyone has already posted and I've actually tried most of it too! I've often thought about all the frickin' money I've spent of supplement of the years...definitely a small fortune! And I actually worked at a GNC a couple years after high school so I could get the employee discount on supplements. Back then I trained in the evening and I remember using Ultimate Orange before every session. Another thing I used a lot back then was Twinlab Amino Fuel...those nasty liquid aminos. I kept a bottle of it in my gym bag and would chug some down any time I felt I needed some extra aminos. That shit was nasty! It was a yellowish-orange color and the consistency of snot! The early versions of this stuff was almost (to me) undrinkable but I did it anyway. The very first supplement I ever purchased and tried was Weider Crash Weight Gain Formula #7. I mixed it with whole milk and a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream. That stuff actually tasted pretty good for those early powders!

I actually liked the taste of those liquid aminos! I think I had vanilla. I worked at a GNC too, I'm also 50. I liked that weight gainer 2000 powder too, cant remember brand of that.

Optimimum nutrition had one also in the early 90s called amino 2222
Stuff tasted like medicine. I liked twin labs much better - to me it tasted like a thick thick version of nasty orange juice.
I used to go thru those bottles like water

I’m bout to get a little personal on here for a minute . Hope we are family of sorts so I feel I can confide in y’all somewhat. I took literally every supplement back in those days . Many of those were yanked off the market in short order . I started lifting and hitting the supplements at 15. At 18 yo I had a pain in my left testicle . Fast forward , I was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer . I underwent the removal of one testicle and lymph nodes. Had a batch of radiation treatment and since been deemed clear and cancer free.

I do believe that one or several of the supplements caused the cancer . Class action law suits have been gaining steam for guys who got testicular cancer . I really believe the Andro was the culprit . Anyone else have any real lasting effects from these supplements .

Bonus offer : I’ll let you take a photo next to my one nut for a nominal fee hahah

I’m bout to get a little personal on here for a minute . Hope we are family of sorts so I feel I can confide in y’all somewhat. I took literally every supplement back in those days . Many of those were yanked off the market in short order . I started lifting and hitting the supplements at 15. At 18 yo I had a pain in my left testicle . Fast forward , I was diagnosed with advanced testicular cancer . I underwent the removal of one testicle and lymph nodes. Had a batch of radiation treatment and since been deemed clear and cancer free.

I do believe that one or several of the supplements caused the cancer . Class action law suits have been gaining steam for guys who got testicular cancer . I really believe the Andro was the culprit . Anyone else have any real lasting effects from these supplements .

Bonus offer : I’ll let you take a photo next to my one nut for a nominal fee hahah
Scary stuff, especially for an 18 year old! I wouldn't think supplements would cause cancer, but who knows. Any family history? One of our neighbors lost their daughter to brain cancer and she was under 10 years old. Never heard of a male having testicular cancer that young.

Andro, the memories... Lol. I never took it because of how bad sides were. Half the damn website of bb.com was guys posting about how their dick don't work no more. Guys would get shutdown hard and fast, thinking they were just taking some magic muscle pill.

I remember the old weider protein and weight gainers.... consistancy of chalk and tasted about the same.

John Parillo's Cap Tri was a good supplement. I didn't think the taste of Weider's weight gainer was that bad. It didnt mix well at all though.

John Parillo's Cap Tri was a good supplement. I didn't think the taste of Weider's weight gainer was that bad. It didnt mix well at all though.

Some of the Weider weight gainers I had reminded me a lot of cake batter.

Ripped fuel
Methoxypro ( I got stretch marks from using that protein)
Xenadrine rfa-1
Lol those expensive PM protein.
Stacker 2
Russian bear gainer.
Legal gear methyl 1D
Pinnical juiced creatine.
Lol Cystoseira canariensis (myostim by champion nutrition)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws