over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

coronavirus / Gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on Fox an interview with a young 28 year old with no health problems. After being sick for about 2 weeks with the virus he had to be put in a medically induced coma and intubated/ on respirator. He had acute respiratory failure. He did recover after that and seems ok now. You can imagine what would have happened to him if he was one of 25 million in the US that has asthma

Lots of people like him will die when hospitals run out of respirators and ICU beds. The virus has a higher lethality rate when the sickest people don't have access to medical care.

Its estimated that between 291,000 to 646,000 people die each year from influenza worldwide...

That means that anywhere from 797 people die per day worldwide from influenza on the low end and 1,769 people per day die on the high end...

Nice try though...

Now I was a bit anti shut down in the beginning when all of this started but did not know the whole picture. After I got more information I changed my stance.

Are you aware of that the daily deaths as of the last 24 hours world wide is 2401? (see link to WHO statistics below) Probably not since your stats even at the high end is lower then the Corona deaths. Bear in mind that these numbers (2401) are numbers when the world IS taking precaution and shutting things down. Can you imagine what the death toll had looked like if the world didn't shut things down? We had been looking at Italy's daily death rates 600-800 daily minimum in every single country around the world. So let's say 700 x 200 = 140000 every day - at least.

Now 140000 is the worst case number of course but this would have been a reality if every country in the world just said let the people with high risk isolate themselves and the rest of us can go about our lives so the economy doesn't get crushed.

Do you see now why government around the world are all taking action? It's about avoiding above mentioned scenario and making sure the medical institutions and hospitals don't get drowned in cases and will have to start choosing who to help.

It's like Elvia and several others have said here; it's kind of a damned if you shut down the country and damned if you don't. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone and also the leaders. This time the leaders are choosing in favor of human lives which in my opinion is the best choice at the moment. Now it should be up to every government around the world to make sure that companies and private persons are reimbursed for their financial losses.

Serious question as I have been thinking about this and curious about theories. Note, this is not meant to start an argument, or role anyone up.

If influenza is worse why do we not hear about PPE shortages, ventilator and bed shortages, bodies being frozen, etc all the time?

Just read where some think it is possible this virus was in America since early 2020. Saw on msn. It is possible and at least around where I am at the flu was really bad this year. My daughter and son, both 6, had nasty coughs over the winter, no trouble breathing I don’t think. Although they did test positive for the regular flu. So who knows. This is definitely nasty, to me sounds worse than normal flu, way easier to spread and worse symptoms. That permanent lung problems is not something I have heard of in regular flu, that is concerning. But I am at work currently, although it is a ghost town, I work in an office and we do have option to come in. They are having it professionally cleaned and disinfected and lack of people so there is risk but less than being at a grocery store! Don’t know what it means of this thing has been going around for a couple months, seems odd why it would ramp up now though. If it was here in January, why wasn’t February a mess and why is now such a mess?

This is just awful process of everything are going to go up oh well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just found this timeline of 2009 H1N1 by the CDC.
Fascinating.

No one on here is stating this is so deadly for everyone and yes most people will get over this just fine. I am sure many will just be at home with a "bad case of flu". However, overall this is clearly very different to the flu and in every video inside a hospital from people who are treating coronavirus patients 100% of them say the same. They are all very worried. That doctor in NYC even started crying in the video because she can see things are only going to get worse. This is not fear mongering it's just clear to see. Getting a giant refrigerated truck outside NYC hospital to store dead bodies is not the norm and cases are only just starting to rise in the US now.

Yes there are relatively uneffected areas and they may think people are overreacting but that will likely change (hopefully it doesn't). My gf's dad also works in a major hospital as a porter and he has been transporting infected patients. It started with 1 in the whole hospital who was infected but that is very different now. People keep going on about a low death rate but this clearly has the potential to be devastating due to the sheer number of infected and the lack of medical services to support that number. It's also really annoying when people call anyone who thinks self isolating is "liberal". I generally can't start most "liberals" these days. I consider myself a nice person who uses common sense and I am far from liberal... I vote conservative and think most countries are far too soft. But when it comes to people dying that is a different thing. I am just like everyone else and want to go to the fucking gym :D If they opened my 24 hour gym I would 100% go but I would be smart and go very late when it is empty and try to stay away from people at all other times.

We all know what we have to do, be safe and keep your distance, wash your hands. STOP WATCHING THE NEWS AND GOOGLING THE LATEST BREAKING NEWS! You will have a good day. The best thing you can do is avoid this thread lol, talk about gossip and drama here lol. Ridiculous

Serious question as I have been thinking about this and curious about theories. Note, this is not meant to start an argument, or role anyone up.

If influenza is worse why do we not hear about PPE shortages, ventilator and bed shortages, bodies being frozen, etc all the time?

Because the media never lets a crisis go to waste and their goal is to spread fear. The same with politicians. And of course, many are naturally fearful and will post and repost an article every time someone dies like that somehow proves a point. In addition, this is a good time for self righteous people to act like they have superior morals "Im a good guy, I care more about lives. Your worried about the economy, shame. Don't you know that X amount of people may die." For some reason people like to portray a sense of excess morality over traits like strength, intelligence, logic, fortitude. I don't get the fascination with it, I'm guessing it comes from the old KGB campaign to subvert our institutions and weaken us because they can't beat us in a all out war. Hence you see colleges teaching all these useless social classes and china focuses on science and math and they become large and powerful (along with India) while were too busy patting each other on the back "yeah your a good guy, im a good guy, were all good guys full love LOVEE"

But basically, the media and people are more fearful today then when H1N1 hit. Id like to see an unbiased look comparing this to that because that was also dangerous but we didn't destroy the economy, and that was Obama. They handled it much better. Id guess the political divide today also caused this as the presidents enemies are trying hard to capitalize.

IN addition to that, social media. It has basically ruined society. Social media has poisoned the well of humanity and it will never got away. I believe some governments have censored and banned it, not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I am pro-freedom, on the other hand, it is that harmful for society it may be worth controlling and banning.

Because the media never lets a crisis go to waste and their goal is to spread fear. The same with politicians. And of course, many are naturally fearful and will post and repost an article every time someone dies like that somehow proves a point. In addition, this is a good time for self righteous people to act like they have superior morals "Im a good guy, I care more about lives. Your worried about the economy, shame. Don't you know that X amount of people may die." For some reason people like to portray a sense of excess morality over traits like strength, intelligence, logic, fortitude. I don't get the fascination with it, I'm guessing it comes from the old KGB campaign to subvert our institutions and weaken us because they can't beat us in a all out war. Hence you see colleges teaching all these useless social classes and china focuses on science and math and they become large and powerful (along with India) while were too busy patting each other on the back "yeah your a good guy, im a good guy, were all good guys full love LOVEE"

But basically, the media and people are more fearful today then when H1N1 hit. Id like to see an unbiased look comparing this to that because that was also dangerous but we didn't destroy the economy, and that was Obama. They handled it much better. Id guess the political divide today also caused this as the presidents enemies are trying hard to capitalize.

I understand your angle and frustration, and I have no right to tell you what to feel so I won't; we just disagree.

That said, are you implying what is happening now with supplies, dead bodies piling up, etc has always happened it just wasn't reported? If not I don't see what you are trying to say other than re-iterating your existing views on the public reaction to the crisis.

Not really sure to be honest. I think for example in New York, the governor is a drama queen and trying to score big on this. So when he says they are short X amount of supplies I can't take what he says or his numbers at face value, id bet my life everything he says is exaggerated. On top of that, just because someone is a nurse or doctor does not mean they are a rational person. I know one nurse she has severe issues she has guys tie her down and beat her and got pregnant by 2 of the janitors at work. So doctors and nurses while they have a degree and are skilled, id say their coping ability, ability to stay calm under pressure, etc is no matter than the average American. So if 1/5 people is paralyzed with panic, then 1/5 of these healthcare workers is too. We already see them making videos trying to be a "hero" rather than just doing their job like the rest. But I also agree there probably are shortages because it is more contagious than the flu, and also due to panic people are more likely to go to the hospital than with the flu because it is more severe in most and they are more worried at this time.

So a combination of a number of things, some real shortages, and some exaggeration by people who are making it worse for attention, political gain, panic, and legitimate reasons (a combination of all).

I could be totally wrong. My sister works at a medical facility and I know 1 nurse and both say its business as usual, 1 has a covonovitus patient. Neither of them are working any overtime or any more hours than normally. This is in a large city on the east coast, not. NYC.

This is more problematic than the flu for a number of reasons, one of which is the presymptomatic spread. Flu is most contagious in the first 3 or 4 days that an infected person is showing symptoms. This thing is carried and spread often before anyone is aware they are infected. And that’s why Los Angeles and SF are gonna look like New York in a couple weeks.

Obviously many people are idiots as well. They panic and they think 101 things are wrong with them. I was getting texts from the NHS stating my doctors weren't taking walk in patients... that will be for that very reason. The same people go the doctors every week over nothing so in a time like this they are even more of a burden. My gf's sister is a trainee nurse and has been helping with the telephones. She said people will call up demanding to be tested and for some they will reply with they have a headache and that's it. Then they get aggressive and call her stupid. So the mass of people will panic and will be idiots and social media and the news just adds to that problem. I am also fully aware nurses/doctors can be mental. It's all common sense. It's just a profession and there are crazy and irrational people all over. Some of the stupidiest people I have ever met are in really high paid jobs. Many really stupid people go far in life especially in today's social media world. I believe the amount of drug addicts and alcoholics is also extremely high in the medical field. However it's also clear as day there is an issue (shortage of equipment) going in certain hospitals and it's not just a case of crazy governors... that's a separate issue... there are loads of crazy people in positions of power. I don't post in this thread to create drama I just find the subject interesting and I am literally stuck in here all day and have been injured so there isn't a lot I can do over the course of a day!

WOW- my girlfriend has just come back from the shops and she has toilet paper. Finally :D

In the best interest of many of us with high blood pressure on an ACE inhibitor, stay away from people! ACE inhibitors create an abundance of ACE2 in the system and this appears to be where COVID 19 is entering the body. Additionally, there is a lot of ACE2 in the lungs and the pH in lungs is low, thus it becomes a breeding ground leading to lung/breathing problems. Dr.s are not advising to quit taking your ACE inhibitors just saying be smart about where you go and what you do. This simple fact scares me, an otherwise extremely healthy 41 year old with high blood pressure taking Lisinapril to manage my BP. Stay safe

Boris Johnson the UK prime minister now has Covid-19. He, Prince Charles and the UK health minister (also has it) travel a lot and are constantly around people but to me it adds weight to the reports that possibly millions are walking around with the virus. These people in a position of power are getting tested whereas most others aren't so have no idea if they have the virus or not.

Because Media and Government is sensationalizing this a lot more other flus. Geez, that is all you hear on TV anymore is doom and gloom. In 1968, 1 million people died worldwide and 100K Americas from flu. We didn't act like this. Keep in mind everyone's darling Cuomo turn down in 2015 a big order for all that when it was cheap. That and all the cut backs are to blame. Maybe if our Government didn't waste money, we wouldn't have this problem. :rolleyes:

Fauci said COVID-19 is at least 10 times “more lethal” than the seasonal flu
Because Media and Government is sensationalizing this a lot more other flus. Geez, that is all you hear on TV anymore is doom and gloom. In 1968, 1 million people died worldwide and 100K Americas from flu. We didn't act like this. Keep in mind everyone's darling Cuomo turn down in 2015 a big order for all that when it was cheap. That and all the cut backs are to blame. Maybe if our Government didn't waste money, we wouldn't have this problem. :rolleyes:

Well, looks like I am about to potentially get exposed to the virus. My wife just tells me that she is going over to one of her friends house to take care of the baby while she takes her husband to the ER because he doesn't feel well and thinks he may have the virus.

Those people are worse than the toilet paper hoarders. Is he looking for specific care at the hospital? Does he have trouble breathing? If not, and you are positive, go home and rest, you have the flu. It`s because of idiots on TV saying there will be no more hospital beds and people laying in the halls that your friends wanna rush to the hospital before they are out of room. Great example of people buying the panic

Now I was a bit anti shut down in the beginning when all of this started but did not know the whole picture. After I got more information I changed my stance.

Are you aware of that the daily deaths as of the last 24 hours world wide is 2401? (see link to WHO statistics below) Probably not since your stats even at the high end is lower then the Corona deaths. Bear in mind that these numbers (2401) are numbers when the world IS taking precaution and shutting things down. Can you imagine what the death toll had looked like if the world didn't shut things down? We had been looking at Italy's daily death rates 600-800 daily minimum in every single country around the world. So let's say 700 x 200 = 140000 every day - at least.

Now 140000 is the worst case number of course but this would have been a reality if every country in the world just said let the people with high risk isolate themselves and the rest of us can go about our lives so the economy doesn't get crushed.

Do you see now why government around the world are all taking action? It's about avoiding above mentioned scenario and making sure the medical institutions and hospitals don't get drowned in cases and will have to start choosing who to help.

It's like Elvia and several others have said here; it's kind of a damned if you shut down the country and damned if you don't. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone and also the leaders. This time the leaders are choosing in favor of human lives which in my opinion is the best choice at the moment. Now it should be up to every government around the world to make sure that companies and private persons are reimbursed for their financial losses.

Ok and that number wasn’t from the start, it’s the highest as of right now and it could get higher or it could get lower..

H1N1 was much more aggressive with these numbers than this virus, no one panicked like this.. We didn’t shut down the economy.. And now, it’s just another category of a way to die and no one blinks an eye..

To my other point, you and everyone who agrees with your point, answer me this;

So 700-1700 deaths daily from a virus worldwide is acceptable, we’re used to it, this is the “contained” number of deaths where it’s leveled off... But no! 2,400?! No that’s unacceptable!!! 1,700 yes.. 2,400 no!

That’s hypocritical...

I get that the shut down of the economy has a lose/lose but I’d rather lose life now and get it over with faster than to slow it down but shut down the economy and effect much more lives in the long run.. No one has taken into consideration the impact this can have if it goes on too long.. People are already growing intolerant to it and it’s only been 2 weeks..

Why is it that people will listen to “possibilities” of a worst case scenario when they say “millions of people may die” but not a single person pays attention or cares about the projections that if this continues “this can be worse than the Great Depression”...

Do any of you know any elders who lived through those times? Sure, it bounced back, eventually after a decade or 2..
Save a few thousand lives now, potentially hundreds of thousands but shut down the economy and cause another Great Depression and MILLIONS of lives will be effected and Millions WILL die and possibly for generations to come as a result in the long run because of stress, crime, health etc..

Yea man, makes total sense..:

I think it’s that the people making decisions want to be politically correct and not say the reality of the situation and hurt people’s feelings and they’re worried about their reputation... So fix the small problem now and let someone else deal with the bigger problem later...

Rob Halford from Judas Priest on Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
thinman72
NapsGear